Melvil Decimal System: 760.074
Dewmoji: 🎨 > 🆒 > 🆒 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Landscape design; City planning
Graphic arts and decorative arts ; design
Printmaking and prints
Amusements and Recreation
Wood and other soft media
Etching; Dry Point
Collections of Engravings
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Biography; History By Place
Works under MDS 760.074
- Paper Politics: Socially Engaged Printmaking Today by Josh MacPhee
- Art of the Letter by Doyald Young
- Open Secrets: Seventy Pictures on Paper 1815 to the Present by Jeffrey Fraenkel
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs: An Illustrated Guide by Bernard F. Reilly Jr.
- Eyewitness to Space by Hereward Lester Cooke
- Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a collector by Ruth Fine
- A catalogue of the paintings & drawings in the collection at Wilton House, Salisbury, Wiltshire by Sidney Herbert Pembroke
- Masterworks from the Albertina by Marie L. Sternath Klaus A. Schröder
- A Breadth of vision : the Ritz Collection by Sue Taylor
- Paper in prints by Andrew Robison
- Repeated exposure: Photographic imagery in the print media : Nelson Gallery of Art, Atkins Museum of Fine Arts, Kansas City, Missouri, March 26-May 9, 1982
- Handbook to the Departments of Prints and Drawings, and Paintings. by Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Edward Bawden: A retrospective survey by Justin Howes
- D©ơrer to Diebenkorn : recent acquisitions of art on paper by Andrew Robison
- Treasures of the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts by Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts.
- A catalogue of drawings and watercolors by North Carolina Museum of ...
- Roland Barthes, le texte et l'image : Pavillon des arts, 7 mai-3 août 1986 by Roland Barthes
- Illustrated Summary Catalogue of Drawings, Watercolours and Miniatures by Adrian Le Harivel
- Collections de Louis XIV : dessins, albums, manuscrits : (exposition), Orangerie des Tuileries, 7 Octobre-9 Janvier 1978 by Jean Adhémar
- Disegni di architetti fiorentini 1540-1640: catalogo by Gabinetto disegni e stampe degli Uffizi
- Disegni di Giovanni Lanfranco, 1582-1647 (cat. exp., Florence, Gabinetto disegni e stampe degli Uffizi, 1983) by Erich Schleier
- A loan exhibition of drawings and watercolors from Minnesota private collections by Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Camera Work: Process & Image by Christian A. Peterson
- Disegni umbri del Rinascimento da Perugino a Raffaello : catalogo della mostra by Sylvia Ferino-Pagden
- Graphic Sampler
- Disegni dei barocceschi senesi : Francesco Vanni e Ventura Salimbeni by Gabinetto disegni e stampe degli Uffizi
- Finders' guide to prints and drawings in the Smithsonian Institution by Smithsonian Institution.,
- Disegni di Fra Bartolommeo e della sua scuola by Chris Fischer
- John Sloan/Robert Henri : their Philadelphia years (1886-1904), October 1 to November 12, 1976, Moore College of Art Gallery by John Sloan
- Paintings and drawings at 56 Princes Gate, London S.W.7. [Part 5], Italian; addenda by graf. Antoine Seilern
- Bologna Annual 2003 Fiction (Bologna Annual. Illustrators of Children's Books) by Bologna International Selection Jury
- Caricature and its role in graphic satire by Brown University
- Travel and identity by Trevor M. Smith
- John Sloan/Robert Henri, their Philadelphia years, 1886-1904, October 1 to November 12, 1976, Moore College of Art Gallery by Moore College of Art
- The Jones Collection : the bequests of Herschel V. and Tessie Jones by Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Storm warning by Timothy Long
- Glasgow University's pictures a selection of paintings, drawings, prints and other works from the Hunterian Museum, University of Glasgow : [catalogue of an exhibition held at] P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., 14 Old Bond Street, London W.1, 4th September-5th October 1973 by Hunterian Museum (University of Glasgow),
- The art of the letter by Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.