Melvil Decimal System: 912.747
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 📍 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🗽
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Atlases of the World
Atlases of the Ancient World
Atlases of Europe
Atlases of the Middle East and Asia
Atlases of Africa
Atlases of North America
Atlases of Latin America and South America
Atlases of Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New York State
Works under MDS 912.747
- Nonstop Metropolis: A New York City Atlas by Rebecca Solnit
- New York City 5 Borough Pocket Atlas by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Not For Tourists Guide to New York City: 2008 by Jane Pirone
- Flashmaps Instant Guide to New York by Toy Lasker
- You Are Here: NYC: Mapping the Soul of the City by Katharine Harmon
- Manhattan Line by Line: A Subway & Bus Atlas by John Tauranac
- Hagstrom New York City Five Borough Atlas, Large Scale Edition (Hagstrom New York City Five Borough Atlas) by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Insight FlexiMap New York City by American M... Corporation
- New York State Road Atlas (State Road Atlases) by Hagstrom Map Co.
- NASSAU COUNTY POCKET ATLAS by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Hagstrom Suffolk County atlas by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Not For Tourists Guide to Manhattan: 2001 by Rob Tallia
- Hagstrom Atlas: Nassau County, New York Large Scale (Hagstrom Atlas: Nassau County, New York) by Hagstrom Map Co.
- New York (Falk Plan) by Falk-Verlag
- History in the mapping : four centuries of Adirondack cartography : a catalog of the exhibition, June 15, 1984-October 15, 1985 by Paul Bourcier
- New York City and Long Island: City Map (Travelvision City Maps) by American M... Corporation
- Hagstrom New York City 5 Boro Pocket Atlas (Hagstrom New York City Five Borough Atlas (Spiral/Laminated))
- New York State Road Atlas by Jimapco
- New York in maps : an instant guide to every place in town : 45 flashmaps by Toy Lasker
- Not For Tourists Guide to Manhattan: 2000 by Happy Mazza Media
- New York City in the 1980's : a social, economic, and political atlas by John H. Mollenkopf
- Geographia's five borough pocket atlas of New York City by Geographia Map Company
- Queens bus map [map, folded] : free, December 2002 by New York City Transit Authority
- Atlas New York by Renaud Le Goix
- The New York Mapguide: The Essential Guide to Manhattan by Michael Middleditch
- Spade & Archer's 50 maps of New York
- Rockland/Orange/Ulster by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Maps for AAA members. New York City and vicinity by Automobile Club of New York.,
- Walking seasonal roads by Mary A. Hood
- Borough of Queens: City of New York Map by Hagstrom Map Co
- Upstate New York City Street Maps
- The greater central New York atlas : metropolitan Syracuse, Binghamton, Utica, Ithaca & Watertown by Marshall Penn-York Co.
- Street Atlas 5 Boro, New York
- Hagstrom Dutchess Putnam Counties Atlas
- Orange County Atlas by Hagstrom Map Co.
- Buffalo/Niagara Falls, New York, street atlas : Amherst, Buffalo, Cheektowaga, Fort Erie, Kenmore, Lackawanna, Lockport, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, West Seneca by American Map Corp.
- Capital district atlas : includes every street & road in Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties by Jimapco
- Adirondack-North Country road atlas : detailed maps showing streets & roads, hiking trails, snowmobile trails, lakes & streams, recreational areas, and other points of interest for the Adirondacks and North Country region of New York State by Jimapco
- Spade and Archer's 50 Maps of New York by H. M. Gousha
- New York State Atlas (4th edition) by New York (State).
- The central New York & metropolitan Syracuse atlas by Marshall Penn-York Co
- Illustrated historical atlas of Erie Co., New York : from actual surveys and records by F. W. Beers & Co.
- Hudson Valley street atlas by Jimapco
- Let's Go Map Guide NYC (4th Ed) by Let's Go Inc.
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: Long Island by Rand McNally and Company.,
- Capital district street atlas : Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties by Jimapco
- New York State atlas by New York (State).
- Long Island maps and their makers : five centuries of cartographic history by David Yehling Allen
- Rand McNally Regional Map: New York City Metro Area Counties by Rand McNally and Company.,
- Adirondack Paddler's Guide for Canoe & Kayak Travel
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.