Melvil Decimal System: 917.4811
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New York State
Works under MDS 917.4811
- Frommer's Complete Guide: Philadelphia & the Amish Country by Jay Golan
- Fodor's Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country by Fodor's
- The Philadelphia Inquirer's Walking Tour of Historic Philadelphia (Philadelphia Inquirer's Walking Tours of Historic Philadelphia) by Edward Colimore
- The Perennial Philadelphians: The Anatomy of an American Aristocracy by Nathaniel Burt
- Good Night Philadelphia (Good Night Our World series) by Adam Gamble
- Travels in Philadelphia by Christopher Morley
- Not For Tourists Guide to Philadelphia: 2008 by Not for Tourists
- Bendiner's Philadelphia by Alfred Bendiner
- Philadelphia: A Guide to the Nation's Birthplace by Federal Writers Project
- Rebecca Gratz: Women and Judaism in Antebellum America (American Jewish Civilization Series) by Dianne Ashton
- Philadelphia With Children: A Guide to the Delaware Valley Including Lancaster and Hershey by Elizabeth S. Gephart
- Insiders' Guide to Philadelphia (Insiders' Guide Series) by Mary Mihaly
- Philadelphia: Official Handbook for Visitors by Robert H. Wilson
- Journey Around Philadelphia from A to Z by Martha Zschock
- Philadelphia: A Picture Book to Remember Her By by Ted Smart
- Philadelphia: A Photographic Tour (Highsmith, Carol M., Photographic Tour,) by Carol Highsmith
- Fodor's Around Philadelphia with Kids, 1st Edition: 68 Great Things to Do Together (Fodor's Around the City With Kids) by Andrea Lehman
- An American Business Aristocracy by E. Digby Baltzell
- Philadelphia: Picture Memory by Colour Library Books
- Patriots, Pirates, Heroes & Spies Stories From Historic Philadelphia (Patriots, Pirates, Heroes & Spies) by Sandra Mackenzie Lloyd
- Philadelphia Liberty Trail: Trace the Path of America's Heritage by Michael Milne
- Short Bike Rides in and around Philadelphia, 3rd by Ann Lembo
- Philadelphia: the Unexpected City by Laurence Davis Lafore
- Hidden Philadelphia and the Amish Country: Including Lancaster, Brandywine, and Bucks County (Hidden Travel) by Patricia Kime
- We the People a Family Guide to Constitution City by Jonathan Storm
- Colonial grandeur in Philadelphia; the house and furniture of General John Cadwalader by Nicholas B. Wainwright
- Imagining Philadelphia: Travelers' Views of the City from 1800 to the Present by Philip Stevick
- Philadelphia in Photographs by Ed Mauger
- "Philadelphia scrapple"; whimsical bits anent eccentrics & the city's oddities
- The Philadelphia One-Day Trip Book: 101 Exciting Excursions in and Around the City by Jane Ockerhausen Smith
- Philadelphia Discovered by Joseph Nettis
- Dropping in on Philadelphia by Deb Nelson
- Zagat Survey Philadelphia Restaurants by Michael Klein
- The key to Philadelphia (Keys to the cities series) by Dorothy Loder
- Ben Franklin's Philadelphia: A Guide by Tom Huntington
- Not For Tourists Guide to Philadelphia 2010 (Not for Tourists Guidebook) (Not for Tourists Guidebooks) by Not for Tourists
- A Marmac guide to Philadelphia by Judith Minkoff Pransky
- Short Bike Rides in and Around Philadelphia (Short Bike Rides Series) by Ann Lembo
- Quick Escapes Philadelphia, 3rd: 22 Weekend Getaways from the City of Brotherly Love (Quick Escapes Series) by Marilyn Odesser-Torpey
- Fodor's Philadelphia (Full-color Travel Guide) by Fodor's Travel Guides
- The Regional Plan of the Philadelphia Tri-state District by Regional Planning Federation of the Philadelphia Tri-State District
- The Philadelphia assemblies, 1748-1948:an account of the assemblies printed for the two hundredth anniversary, Jan by Joseph Patterson Sims
- Monuments and Memorials of Philadelphia by Allan M. Heller
- A Marmac Guide To Philadelphia (Marmac Guide to Philadelphia)
- Quick Escapes From Philadelphia, 4th: The Best Weekend Getaways (Quick Escapes Series) by Marilyn Odesser-Torpey
- Best Hikes Near Philadelphia (Best Hikes Near Series) by John L. Young
- Fitting into Your Genes: Healthy Living And Eating in Philadelphia by Susan Reid
- Insiders' Guide® to Philadelphia & Pennsylvania Dutch Country (Insiders' Guide Series) by Marilyn Odesser-Torpey
- The Philadelphia assemblies, 1748-1948; an account of the assemblies printed for the two hundredth anniversary, January 2nd, 1948 by Joseph Patterson Sims
- The Philadelphia index, or directory, for 1823 : containing the names, professions, and residence, of all the heads of families and persons in business of the city and suburbs, with other useful information. by Robert Desilver
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.