Melvil Decimal System: 917.56044
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🌴 > 🍠 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
District Of Columbia
Works under MDS 917.56044
- Compass American Guides: North Carolina by Sheila Turnage
- The Newcomer's Guide to North Carolina: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Tar Heel by Bill Lee
- Hidden Carolinas: Including Ashville, Great Smoky Mountains, Outer Banks, and Charleston by Catherine O'Neal
- Travel North Carolina: Going Native in the Old North State by Carolyn Sakowski
- North Carolina Traveler: A Vacationer's Guide to the Mountains, Piedmont, and Coast by Ginny Turner
- Touring North Carolina's Revolutionary War Sites (Touring the Backroads) by Daniel W. Barefoot
- Fun with the Family North Carolina, 6th (Fun with the Family Series) by James L. Hoffman
- Backroads of North Carolina: Your Guide to Great Day Trips & Weekend Getaways by Kevin Adams
- Moon Handbooks Coastal Carolinas by Mike Sigalas
- North Carolina Curiosities, 3rd: Jerry Bledsoe's Guide to Outlandish Things to See and Do in North Carolina by Sara Pitzer
- North Carolina (From Sea to Shining Sea) by Dennis B. Fradin
- The North Carolina One-Day Trip Book: Land of Dramatic Diversity by Jane Ockershausen
- State Parks of North Carolina by Walter C. Biggs
- Touring the Backroads of North Carolina's Upper Coast by Daniel W. Barefoot
- The Insiders' Guide to North Carolina's Mountains (1st Edition) by Sara Pacher
- Scenic Driving North Carolina by Laurence Parent
- North Carolina Beaches: A Visit to National Seashores, State Parks, Ferries, Public Beaches, Wildlife Refuges, Historic by Morris Glenn
- North Carolina : A Guide to Backcountry Travel & Adventure by James Bannon
- North Carolina's Best Wildflower Hikes: The Mountains by Kevin Adams
- North Carolina: A Photographic Tour (Highsmith, Carol M., Photographic Tour.) by Carol Highsmith
- Back Roads of the Carolinas P by Earl Thollander
- Adventure Guide to the Triangle by Maia Dery
- North Carolina State Parks: A Niche Guide by Ida Phillips Lynch
- Coasting the Mountains: A Guide to Western North Carolina by Judy Barnes
- Insiders' Guide to North Carolina's Mountains, 9th: Including Asheville, Biltmore Estate, Cherokee, and the Blue Ridge Parkway (Insiders' Guide Series) by Constance Richards
- North Carolina Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff (Curiosities Series) by Kent Priestley
- Short Bike Rides in North Carolina by Judi Lawson Wallace
- Homegrown/Handmade: Art Roads and Farm Trails by North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources an
- Explorer's Guide North Carolina (Explorer's Complete) by Jim Hargan
- A Travel Guide to Black Historical Sites and Landmarks in North Carolina by Lenwood G. Davis
- North Carolina Family Adventure Guide by Jim Hoffman
- North Carolina Traveler: A Vacationer's Guide to the Mountains, Piedmont, and Coast by Sunny Smith
- Down the Road in the Carolinas: Daytrips and Weekend Vacations (Down the Road Series) by Dawn O'Brien
- Images of North Carolina by Robert Shangle
- Beauty of North Carolina by James Michael Fagan
- Day Trips from Raleigh-Durham, 4th: Getaway Ideas for the Local Traveler (Day Trips Series) by James I. Hoffman
- The Insiders' Guide to North Carolina's Central Coast&New Bern (The Insider's Guide Series) by Janis Williams
- Frommer's Comprehensive Guide: The Carolinas & Georgia by Susan Poole
- Hiking North Carolina's Lookout Towers by Peter Barr
- Carolina: Travel-Smart Trip Planner (1998) by Frances Creswell Helms
- Great Adventures in North Carolina, 2nd by Lynn Setzer
- Day trips the Carolinas : getaway ideas for the local traveler by James L. Hoffman
- Day trips the Carolinas : getaway ideas for the local traveler by Jim Hoffman
- North Carolina Beaches, 3rd Ed. by Glenn Morris
- Country Roads of North Carolina (Country Roads Of...) by Glenn Morris
- Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia by Fodor's Travel Guides
- La Géorgie du Sud - Les Montagnes de l'Antarctique : Guide de voyage by Damien Gildea
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.