Melvil Decimal System: 922.273
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 👩🏾 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Of Fine Arts
Primitive apostles, fathers, etc. oriental, Greek Russian
Roman catholic: popes, cardinals, etc.
Anglican and protestant episcopal
Continental protestant: Lutheran, Huguenot
Presbyterian and congregational
Unitarian, universalist and other
Ethnic and other
Lives of popes
Works under MDS 922.273
- Seven American Catholics by John G. Deedy
- A call to sanctity: The formation and life of Mother Katharine Drexel by Lou Baldwin
- Philippine Duchesne, frontier missionary of the Sacred Heart, 1769-1852 by Louise Callan
- John Carroll of Baltimore: Founder of the American Catholic Hierarchy by Annabelle M. Melville
- General Sherman's son by Joseph T. Durkin
- Moscow Was My Parish by Georges Bissonnette
- The bell and the river by mary of the blessed sacrament mccrosson
- Frances Warde: American founder of the Sisters of Mercy by Kathleen Healy
- Yankee Priest -An Autobiographical Journey, with Certain Detours, from Salem to New Orleans by Edward F. Murphy
- Virgil Michel and the Liturgical Movement by Paul Marx
- Never Look Back by John B. Sheerin
- Autobiography of a Campaigner for Christ by David Goldstein
- Living to beat hell! by Joseph T. McGloin
- Padre Kino and the trail to the Pacific by Alice Jacqueline Steffan
- Right Reverend New Dealer, John A. Ryan by Francis L. Broderick
- John Hughes, eagle of the church by Doran Hurley
- Kallad till tystnad by Thomas Merton
- Recollections of seventy years by William O'Connell
- Father Hecker and his friends; studies and reminiscences by Joseph McSorley
- Orestes Brownson: Yankee, radical, Catholic by Theodore Maynard
- The Captain Wears a Cross by William A. Maguire
- Peter Maurin: gay believer by Arthur T Sheehan
- Father Tim by Harold J. McAuliffe
- The Mantle of Elias: The Story of Fathers Blanchet and Demers in Early Oregon, by Marie Leona Hobbs Nichols
- Prince of democracy, James Cardinal Gibbons by Arline Boucher Tehan
- Whose heaven, whose earth? by Thomas Melville
- The Most Reverend Francis Kenrick, third Bishop of Philadelphia, 1830-1851 by Hugh J. Nolan
- Rise up and remember by Barbara Nauer
- The Courage to Choose: an American nun's story by Mary Annarose Griffin
- Mother Therese and the Carmel of Allentown, by a member of the community by Sister Elizabeth of the Trinity
- The holy man of Santa Clara; or, Life, virtues and miracles of Fr. Magin Catalá, O.F.M by Zephyrin Engelhardt
- Citizen of no mean city: Archbishop Patrick Riordan of San Francisco (1841-1914) by James P. Gaffey
- A shepherd without sheep by Edward John Boyd Barrett
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.