Melvil Decimal System: 922.573
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 👩🏾 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Of Fine Arts
Primitive apostles, fathers, etc. oriental, Greek Russian
Roman catholic: popes, cardinals, etc.
Anglican and protestant episcopal
Continental protestant: Lutheran, Huguenot
Presbyterian and congregational
Unitarian, universalist and other
Ethnic and other
Works under MDS 922.573
- To Live Again by Catherine Marshall
- Jonathan Fisher, Maine parson, 1768-1847 by Mary Ellen Chase
- Whom the Lord loveth; the story of James A. Huff by Jane Huff
- Jonathan Edwards the Younger, 1745-1801: A colonial pastor by Robert L. Ferm
- One man's way;: The story and message of Norman Vincent Peale, a biography by Arthur Gordon
- The making of a minister; the autobiography of Clarence E. Macartney by Clarence Edward Noble Macartney
- Religion in shoes: Brother Bryan of Birmingham by Hunter B. Blakely
- Let Your Motto Be Resistance: The Life and Thought of Henry Highland Garnet by Earl Ofari Hutchinson
- Edward Taylor by Norman S. Grabo
- The main trail by Ralph J. Hall
- The Autobiography of William E. Barton by William E. Barton
- Surpreendido Pela Graça (Em Portuguese do Brasil) by Richard Shaull
- Nathaniel William Taylor, 1786-1858;: A Connecticut liberal, by Sidney Earl Mead
- John McMillan: The Apostle of Presbyterianism in the West 1752-1833 by Dwight Raymond Guthrie
- Richard Mather of Dorchester by B. R. Burg
- Memoirs of the Rev. John McDowell, D.D., and the Rev. William A. McDowell, D.D by William Buell Sprague
- Robert Hamilton Bishop by James H. Rodabaugh
- Carl Heath Kopf, a man of God by Margarete J. Alldredge
- Life and eloquence of the Rev. Sylvester Larned; first pastor of the First Presbyterian church in New Orleans by Ralph Randolph Gurley
- Memoir of Rev. Alvan Hyde, D.D., of Lee, Mass by Alvan Hyde
- Memoirs of Mrs. Ruth Patten, of Hartford, Conn., with letters and incidental subjects by William Patten
- Memoirs of the Rev. Walter M. Lowrie, Missionary to China by Walter M Lowrie
- Sketches of his life; accompanied by eight discourses; together with poetic effusions, on various occasions and topics by Ezekiel Cheever
- The life of Edwards Amasa Park, (S. T. D., LL. D.) Abbot professor, Andover Theological Seminary by Frank Hugh Foster
- Sketches of the life of the late Rev. Samuel Hopkins, D.D., pastor of the First Congregational Church in Newport by Samuel Hopkins
- In His Steps Today by by Charles W. Helsley. Obsequies. Ed. Charles M. Sheldon. St. Charles of Topeka, comp. and designed by Henry F. Henrichs
- Daughters who Dared by Gerald L. Zandstra
- The Bible in the making of ministers; the scriptural basis of theological education: the lifework of Wilbert Webster White by Charles Richard Eberhardt
- Life is something else by Elsie Gibson
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.