Melvil Decimal System: 951.041
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🗻 > 🇨🇳 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
China and Korea
N. E. China, Beijing
S. E. China, Canton, Hong Kong, Taiwan (Formosa)
S. W. China
N. W. China
Early history to 960
Works under MDS 951.041
- Minor Heresies, Major Departures: A China Mission Boyhood by John Jenkins Espey
- The Three Principles of the People by Sun Yat-sen
- The Man Who Died Twice: The Life and Adventures of Morrison of Peking by Peter Thompson
- Chang Tso-Lin in Northeast China, 1911-1928: China, Japan, and the Manchurian Idea by Gavan McCormack
- The Old China Hands by Charles G. Finney
- Sun Yat Sen and the awakening of China by Sir James Cantlie
- From War to Nationalism: China's Turning Point, 1924-1925 (Cambridge Studies in Chinese History, Literature and Institutions) by Arthur Waldron
- The Power of the Gun: The Emergence of Modern Chinese Warlordism by Edward A. McCord
- Prescriptions for Saving China: Selected Writings of Sun Yat-Sen (Studies in Economic, Social, and Political Change, the Repub) by Sun Yat-sen
- Sun Yat-Sen, Frustrated Patriot (Studies of the East Asian Institute (Columbia Paperback)) by Clarence Martin Wilbur
- All Under Heaven: Sun Yat-Sen and His Revolutionary (Studies in Economic, Social, and Political Change, the Republic of China) by Sidney H. Chang
- The Making of the Republican Citizen: Political Ceremonies and Symbols in China 1911-1929 by Henrietta Harrison
- The Japanese and Sun Yat-sen by Marius B. Jansen
- Sun Yatsen: Seeking a Newer China (Library of World Biography Series) by David B. Gordon
- Sun Yat-Sen, Nanyang and the 1911 Revolution by Lai To Lee
- The Rise of Political Intellectuals in Modern China: May Fourth Societies and the Roots of Mass-party Politics by Shakhar Rahav
- Memoirs of a Chinese Revolutionary: A Programme of National Reconstruction for China by Sun Yat-sen
- May 30th Movement: Events and Themes by Richard W Rigby
- China fights for the world by Johan Gunnar Andersson
- The Inner History of the Chinese Revolution by T'ang Leang-Li
- The origins of an heroic image : Sun Yatsen in London, 1896-1897 by J. Y. Wong
- Problemi strategici della guerra rivoluzionaria in Cina by Mao Tse-Tung
- Reporting the Chinese Revolution - the letters of Rayna Prohme by Baruch Hirson
- Sun Yat-sen and the West : Western Influence on His Life and Thought by Key Ray Chong
- Search for Modern Nationalism: Zhang Binglin and Revolutionary China, 1869-1936 (East Asian Historical Monographs) by Young-tsu Wong
- The broken wave : the Chinese Communist peasant movement, 1922-1928 by Roy Hofheinz Jr.
- Sun Yat-Sen (Leaders of Asia) by Richard Rigby
- Die kommunistische Taktik in China, 1921 - 1927 : die Komintern, die koloniale Frage und die Politik der KPCh by Günter Kleinknecht
- Documents on communism, nationalism, and Soviet advisers in China, 1918-1927; papers seized in the 1927 Peking raid by C. Martin Wilbur
- The Unfinished Revolution by Tjio Kayloe
- Die Komintern und die chinesische Revolution : die Einheitsfront zwischen der KP Chinas und der Kuomintang 1924 - 1927 by Hengyu Guo
- War and geopolitics in interwar Manchuria : Zhang Zuolin and the Fengtian clique during the Northern Expedition by Chi Man Kwong
- The Nationalist Revolution in China, 1923 -1928 by C. Martin Wilbur
- Molixun yan li de jin dai Zhongguo = Old China through G.E. Morrison's eyes by Shen Jiawei
- Bankers and Diplomats in China, 1917-25: The Anglo-American Relationship by Roberta Allbert Dayer
- Ransome in China, 1927 : special correspondent to the Manchester Guardian and to the Baltimore Sun by David Jones
- Diyici guogong hezuo shiqi de beifa zhanzheng = 第一次国共合作时期的北伐战争 = 第一次國共合作時期北伐戰爭 = by Zhong Guo Ge Ming Bo Wu Guan = 中国革命博物馆
- Reflected glory in a bottle: Chinese snuff bottle portraits = Pi yen hu hua hsiang by Emily Byrne Curtis
- 北洋裂变：军阀与五四 by Zhang Ming
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.