Melvil Decimal System: 971.018
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🇨🇦 > 🇨🇦 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Brunswick and Atlantic Provinces
Nova Scotia and Acadia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
French regime 1497-1763
End of 7 years war to constitutional act 1791
Upper and Lower Canada 1791-1841
Union 1841 to Confederation 1867
Dominion of Canada 1867-
Discovery and early settlement (1497-1632)
Extension of English rule (1632-1763)
Struggle with England for supremacy
Works under MDS 971.018
- Death or Victory by Dan Snow
- The People of New France by Allan Greer
- Quebec, 1759: The Siege and the Battle by C. P. Stacey
- Paths of Glory: The Life and Death of General James Wolfe by Stephen Brumwell
- Les coureurs des bois : La saga des Indiens blancs by Georges-Hébert Germain
- The Great Peace of Montreal of 1701: French-Native Diplomacy in the Seventeenth Century by Gilles Havard
- Montcalm And Wolfe: Two Men Who Forever Changed the Course of Canadian History by Roch Carrier
- Wolfe of Quebec (Cassell Military Paperbacks) by Robin Reilly
- The Fall of New France: How the French lost a North American empire 1754-1763 by Ronald J. Dale
- Seeking a Better Future: The English Pioneers of Ontario and Quebec (The English in Canada) by Lucille H. Campey
- The Siege of Fort Beauséjour, 1755 (New Brunswick Military Heritage Series) by Chris Hand
- The Captors' Narrative: Catholic Women and Their Puritan Men on the Early American Frontier by William Henry Foster
- Endgame 1758: The Promise, the Glory, and the Despair of Louisbourg's Last Decade (France Overseas: Studies in Empire and D) by A. J. B. Johnston
- New France, 1534-1763 by Richard Worth
- Canoë Bay by Patrick Prugne
- Guerillas and Grenadiers: The Struggle for Canada, 1689-1760 by Ian Kenneth Steele
- A Bard of Wolfe's Army: James Thompson, Gentleman Volunteer, 1733-1830 (Military History) by Earl John Chapman & Ian Macpherson McCulloch (eds.)
- Letters from New France: The Upper Country, 1686-1783 by Joseph L. Peyser
- 78th Fighting Frasers in Canada; a short history of the old 78th Regiment or Fraser's Highlanders, 1757-1763 by J. Ralph Harper
- The Seven Years War In Canada, 1756-1763 by Sigmund Samuel
- New France, 1701-1744 : a supplement to Europe by Dale Miquelon
- Roland-Michel Barrin de La Galissoniere, 1693-1756 by Lionel Groulx
- Pursuit of profit and preferment in colonial North America : John Bradstreet's quest by William G. Godfrey
- Battle Cries in the Wilderness: The Struggle for North America in the Seven Years’ War (Canadians at War) by Bernd Horn
- Revolution, War, and the Loyalists by David Baldwin
- Battle of the Thousand Islands by Robert B. ; Snider Townsend, C. H. J.
- Mad, is he? The charachter and achievement of James Wolfe by Duncan William Grinnell-Milne
- Father Baudoin's war : d'Iberville's campaigns in Acadia and Newfoundland, 1696, 1697 by Alan F. Williams
- Ecrits sur le Canada (French Edition) by Louis-Antoine, Comte de Bougainville
- The 1711 expedition to Quebec politics and the limitations of British global strategy by Adam Lyons
- Captain James Cook in Atlantic Canada: The Adventurer and Map Maker's formative years by Jerry Lockett
- L'abbé Le Loutre et les Acadiens by J. Alphonse Deveau
- Canada: A People's History: Settling Canada by Tom Smith
- The battle of the Restigouche by Judith Beattie
- The Government of New France: Royal, Clerical, or Class Rule? by Yves F. Zoltvany
- Canada: A People's History - Emerging Loyalties: Student Edition by Zimmer
- The Walker Expedition to Quebec, 1711 by Gerald Sandford Graham
- Road to Upper and Lower Canada
- Le Journal des campagnes du Marquis de Montcalm en Canada de 1756 à 1759 by marquis de Louis-Joseph Montcalm
- Guerre du Canada 1756-1760: Montcalm et Levis, Vol. 1 by H. R. Casgrain
- Guerre du Canada 1756-1760: Montcalm et Levis, Vol. 2 by H. R. Casgrain
- L'Acadie: Histoire des Acadiens du XVIIe siècle à nos jours by Yves Cazaux
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.