Melvil Decimal System: 971.233
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🇨🇦 > 🛢 > 🛢 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Brunswick and Atlantic Provinces
Nova Scotia and Acadia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
Works under MDS 971.233
- Edmonton: A history by James Grierson MacGregor
- Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump by Gordon Reid
- Reading the River: A Traveller's Companion to the North Saskatchewan by Myrna Kostash
- Broad Is the Way: Stories from Mayerthorpe (Life Writing) by Margaret Norquay
- Unbuilt Calgary by Stephanie White
- Heart Waters: Sources of the Bow River by Kevin Van Tighem
- Culturing Wilderness in Jasper National Park: Studies in Two Centuries of Human History in the Upper Athabasca River Wat by I. S. MacLaren
- Edmonton trader: The story of John A. McDougall by James Grierson MacGregor
- The Doomed Bridegroom: A Memoir by Myrna Kostash
- Calgary : spirit of the west : a history by Hugh Aylmer Dempsey
- Hillcrest Mine Disaster by Frank W. Anderson
- Calgary cavalcade : from fort to fortune by Grant MacEwan
- A Calgary Album: Glimpses of the Way We Were by Mark Kozub
- Banff town warden: The journals of Walter H. Peyto, Rocky Mountains Park, Banff, 1914 to 1922 by Walter H. Peyto
- The Edmonton story; the life and times of Edmonton, Alberta by A. W. Cashman
- Kidmonton by Linda Goyette
- Edmonton: Stories from the River City by Tony Cashman
- Edmonton: The Life of a City by Bob Hesketh
- The Keystone legacy: Reflections of a Black pioneer by Gwen Hooks
- In the light of the flares : history of Turner Valley oilfields by Sheep River Historical Society
- A frontier guide to Calgary-Banff highway by Frank W. Anderson
- The Calgary-Edmonton, Edmonton-Calgary Trail (Frontier book No. 29) by Art J. Belanger
- Banff (National Parks) by Shelley Swanson Sateren
- Edmonton: The Untold Story by David Arminas
- Frontier Calgary : town, city, and region 1875-1914 by Anthony W. Rasporich
- Don't Name the Ducks: and Other Truths About Life in the Country by Wendy Dudley
- Rocky Mountain House National Historic Park by Fred Stenson
- My Heart's in the Highlands the Building of a Historic Edmonton Community by Ken Tingley
- Lake Louise: A Diamond in the Wilderness by Jon Whyte
- Mountain Masculinity: The Life and Writing of Nello "Tex" Vernon-Wood in the Canadian Rockies, 1906-1938 by Andrew Gow
- International Guide: Banff & [and] Lake Louise by Dolores Dreis (Editor)
- Thanks for the memories : more stories from Calgary's past by Jack Peach
- Lake Louise At Its Best : An Affectionate Look At Life at Lake Louise by One Who Knew It Well by Roger W. Patillo
- Paradise for the Poor: Hussar, Standard & Caroline Alberta: Letters of Ole Nissen, 1923-1937 (Historical Society of Alberta) by Ole Nissen
- Tales and Trails: Adventures for Everyone in the Canadian Rockies by Lynn Martel
- Our Treasured Roots by Gibbons History Committee
- Blackfeet and Palefaces: Pikani and Rocky Mountain House by Eugene Y Arima
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada : her industries and resources by George Babington Elliott
- Crocus Coulee in Bloom by Betty Kilgour
- Over the years : a history of the Rimbey area
- Fort de Prairies: The Story of Fort Edmonton by Brock Silversides
- Athabasca Landing: An Illustrated History by David Gregory
- Royal visit, Alberta Centennial 2005 : Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, and His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh : Alberta, May 23-25, 2005
- Tributaries of the Blindman Vol. 2
- Best in the west by a damsite, 1900-1940
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.