Melvil Decimal System: 972.62
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌶 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Free zone and Northern states
Lower California and islands
Central Pacific states
Mexico; Federal district
Southern Gulf states
Southern Pacific states
Works under MDS 972.62
- Corn Is Our Blood: Culture and Ethnic Identity in a Contemporary Aztec Indian Village (The Civilization of American Indian Series, Vol 206) by Alan R. Sandstrom
- Blacks in Colonial Veracruz: Race, Ethnicity, and Regional Development by Patrick J. Carroll
- Domestic Ceramic Production and Spatial Organization: A Mexican Case Study in Ethnoarchaeology (New Studies in Archaeology) by Philip J. Arnold III
- Puebla and Veracruz, Mexico
- Museo de Antropología de Xalapa by Universidad Veracruzana
- Riot!: Tobacco, Reform, and Violence in Eighteenth-Century Papantla, Mexico by Jake Frederick
- Lightning Gods and Feathered Serpents: The Public Sculpture of El Tajín (The Linda Schele Series in Maya and Pre-Columbian Studies) by Rex Koontz
- Con el sello de agua : ensayos históricos sobre Tlacotalpan by Gema Lozano y Nathal
- Veracruz un acercamiento a su cerámica arqueológica
- A journey in Southeastern Mexico by Howard Henry Harper
- Las culturas indígenas vistas por sus propios creadores : capacitación para el desarrollo cultural indígena by Marina Anguiano
- The Prehistory of the Tuxtlas by Robert S. Santley
- Waking the Dictator: Veracruz, the Struggle for Federalism and the Mexican Revolution 1824-1927 (Latin American and Caribbean Series) by Karl B. Koth
- Sack of Veracruz: The Great Pirate Raid of 1683 by David Marley
- Tajin. La ciudad del dios Huracan (Antropologia) (Spanish Edition) by Pina Chan Roman y Patricia Castillo Pena
- Classic-Period Cultural Currents in Southern and Central Veracruz (Dumbarton Oaks Other Titles in Pre-Columbian Studies) by Philip J. Arnold III
- Papantla (Veracruz, imagenes de su historia) (Spanish Edition) by Adriana Naveda Chavez-Hita
- Indigenous knowledge and development : livelihoods, health experiences, and medicinal plant knowledge in a Mexican biosphere reserve by Elizabeth Anne Olson
- Historia de Jalapa, siglo XVII (Biblioteca) (Spanish Edition) by Gilberto Bermudez Gorrochotegui
- Orizaba (Veracruz, imagenes de su historia) (Spanish Edition) by Bernardo Garcia Diaz
- Historia de Veracruz by José Luis Melgarejo Vivanco
- Veracruz, un tiempo para contar-- by Mirna Benítez
- Estampas de Veracruz-antiguo by José Pérez de León
- El Manati: Un espacio sagrado olmeca by Ma. del Carmen Rodriguez M.
- Aventure extraordinaire d'un village franc-comtois au Mexique by Jean-Christophe Demard
- Ensayos sobre la cultura de Veracruz: Arqueologia, etnologia, cultura popular, educacion, historiografia, arquitectura, plastica, literatura, ciencias naturales (Spanish Edition)
- Los Tuxtlas : nombres geográficos pipil, náhuatl, taíno y popoluca by Antonio Fco Rodríguez Alvarado
- Lightning gods and feathered serpents the public sculpture of El Tajín by Rex Koontz
- Further investigations of the Tuxtla script : an inscribed mask and La Mojarra Stela 1 by Sylvia Méluzin
- Veracruz, capital de la nacion (1914-1915) (Spanish Edition) by Berta Ulloa
- Forty miles from the sea : Xalapa, the public sphere, and the Atlantic world in nineteenth-century Mexico by Rachel A. Moore
- Breve historia de Veracruz (Espacios Para La Lectura) (Spanish Edition) by Blázquez Domínguez Carmen
- Xalapa (Veracruz, imagenes de su historia) (Spanish Edition) by Carmen Blazquez Dominquez
- Settlement Archaeology of Cerros de las Mesas, Veracruz, Mexico (Cotsen Monograph) by Barbara L. Stark
- Veracruz y sus viajeros (Spanish Edition) by Bernardo Garcia Diaz
- Between the summit and the sea : Central Veracruz in the nineteenth century by Alfred H Siemens
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.