Melvil Decimal System: 972.805
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌶 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Free zone and Northern states
Lower California and islands
Central Pacific states
Mexico; Federal district
Southern Gulf states
Southern Pacific states
Panama Canal & Darien
Works under MDS 972.805
- So Far from God: A Journey to Central America by Patrick Marnham
- Understanding Central America: Global Forces, Rebellion, and Change by John A. Booth
- The Good Neighbor: How the United States Wrote the History of Central America and the Caribbean (New Look at History) by George Black
- Inside Central America: Its People, Politics, and History by Clifford Krauss
- The Central American Crisis Reader by Robert S. Leiken
- Central America Inside Out: The Essential Guide to Its Societies, Politics, and Economies by Tom Barry
- Between Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Markets, State, and Revolution in Central America by Carlos M. Vilas
- The Secret War in Central America: Sandinista Assault on World Order (Foreign Intelligence Book Series) by John Norton Moore
- Central America since Independence (The Cambridge History of Latin America) by Leslie Bethell
- Agony in the Garden: A Stranger in Central America by Edward R. F. Sheehan
- Revoluciones sin cambios revolucionarios by Edelberto Torres-Rivas
- Dividing the Isthmus: Central American Transnational Histories, Literatures, and Cultures by Ana Patricia Rodríguez
- Politics in Central America: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua; Revised Edition by Thomas P. Anderson
- Central Ameica's Options by Gary MacEoin
- The Pacification of Central America: Political Change in the Isthmus, 1987-1993 (Critical Studies in Latin America Serie by James Dunkerley
- The Guerrilla Wars of Central America: Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala by Saul Landau
- Revolution in Central America by Daniel Fogel
- The Politics of Modern Central America: Civil War, Democratization, and Underdevelopment by fabrice lehoucq
- What's Wrong, Who's Right in Central America?: A Citizen's Guide by Richard A. Nuccio
- La piel de Centroamérica: una visión epidérmica de setenta y cinco años de su historia by Edelberto Torres-Rivas
- Pueblos en armas by Marta Harnecker
- Central America and the Treaty of Versailles by Michael Streeter
- Democratic transitions in Central America by Jorge I. Domínguez
- El Salvador. Freiheitskämpfe in Mittelamerika, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador by Rodrigo Jokisch
- "La Revolución de México'' by Ángel Miranda Basurto
- Violencia, Corrupción Judicial Y Democracias Frágiles. Reflexiones Sobre La Situación Actual En Centroamérica (Cuadernos del Presente Imperfecto, Volume 6) by Pierre Frühling
- Bureaucracy and Technocracy in the Socialist Countries (Spokesman Pamphlets; No. 40) by Serge Mallet
- Crónicas negras (Spanish Edition) by Sala Negra de El Faro
- Storia e conflitti del Centroamerica: Gli stati d'allerta (Americana) (Italian Edition) by Daniele Pompejano
- America Latina: La grande trasformazione, 1945-1985 (Piccola biblioteca Einaudi) (Italian Edition) by Marcello Carmagnani
- Incidents in the life of Maya archaeologist as told to Winifred Veronda by Edwin M. Shook
- Central American Immigrants (Hispanic Americans: Major Minority) by Frank Depietro
- Easy blood by Mike Layton
- Central America and the Middle East: The Internationalization of the Crises by Fernandez Damian J.
- The Central American Impasse by Giuseppe Di Palma
- Central America : the crisis and the challenge by John D. Martz
- Traducción, introducción, notas críticas, comentarios y epílogo del Informe Kissinger contra Centroamérica by Gregorio Selser
- Amerique centrale : les naufrages d'esquipulas by Maurice Lemoine
- Alta es la noche: Centroamerica ayer, hoy y manana (Ensayo) by Fernando Gonzalez-Camino
- An Honorable Peace in Central America by Glen Caudill Dealy
- Alternative governance in the Northern Triangle and implications for U.S. foreign policy : finding logic within chaos by Douglas Farah
- Rift and Revolution: Central American Imbroglio (AEI Studies) by Howard J. Wiarda
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.