Melvil Decimal System: 972.8105
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌶 > ? > 🇬🇹 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Free zone and Northern states
Lower California and islands
Central Pacific states
Mexico; Federal district
Southern Gulf states
Southern Pacific states
Panama Canal & Darien
Works under MDS 972.8105
- Bitter Fruit: The Story of the American Coup in Guatemala by Stephen Schlesinger
- Silence on the Mountain: Stories of Terror, Betrayal, and Forgetting in Guatemala by Daniel Wilkinson
- The Last Colonial Massacre: Latin America in the Cold War by Greg Grandin
- Bird of Life, Bird of Death by Jonathan Evan Maslow
- Bridge of Courage: Life Stories of the Guatemalan Companeros & Companeras by Jennifer Harbury
- Searching for Everardo: A Story of Love, War, and the CIA in Guatemala by Jennifer K. Harbury
- Paradise in Ashes: A Guatemalan Journey of Courage, Terror, and Hope by Beatriz Manz
- Buried Secrets: Truth and Human Rights in Guatemala by Victoria Sanford
- Paper Cadavers: The Archives of Dictatorship in Guatemala (American Encounters/Global Interactions) by Kirsten Weld
- The Battle for Guatemala: Rebels, Death Squads, and U.S. Power by Susanne Jonas
- A Beauty that Hurts : Life and Death in Guatemala by W. George Lovell
- Reckoning: The Ends of War in Guatemala by Diane M. Nelson
- Revolution in the Countryside: Rural Conflict and Agrarian Reform in Guatemala, 1944-1954 by Jim Handy
- Fear as a Way of Life by Linda Green
- Our Culture Is Our Resistance: Repression, Refuge, and Healing in Guatemala by Jonathan Moller
- The Mayan in the Mall: Globalization, Development, and the Making of Modern Guatemala by J. T. Way
- Guatemala, Another Vietnam? (Latin American Library) by Thomas Melville
- Garrison Guatemala by George Black
- Memory of Silence: The Guatemalan Truth Commission Report by Daniel Rothenberg
- Guatemala by Ronnie Cummins
- To Save Her Life: Disappearance, Deliverance, and the United States in Guatemala by Dan Saxon
- Of Centaurs and Doves: Guatemala's Peace Process by Susanne Jonas
- Quiet genocide : Guatemala 1981-1983 by Etelle Higonnet
- For Every Indio Who Falls: A History of Maya Activism in Guatemala, 1960-1990 by Betsy Konefal
- The time of freedom : campesino workers in Guatemala's October Revolution by Cindy Forster
- Culture and Customs of Guatemala: (Culture and Customs of Latin America and the Caribbean) by Maureen E. Shea
- War by Other Means: Aftermath in Post-Genocide Guatemala by Carlota McAllister
- Inside Guatemala by Tom Barry
- Who Counts?: The Mathematics of Death and Life after Genocide by Diane M. Nelson
- The Quiet Revolutionaries: Seeking Justice in Guatemala by Frank M. Afflitto
- Violencia y genocidio en Guatemala by Victoria Sanford
- Guatemala: A Country Guide by Tom Barry
- Escaping the Fire: How an Ixil Mayan Pastor Led His People Out of a Holocaust During the Guatemalan Civil War by Tomás Guzaro
- Romancing the Maya: Mexican Antiquity in the American Imagination, 1820-1915 by R. Tripp Evans
- Movimiento social, etnicidad y democratización en Guatemala, 1985-1996 by Brett Roddy
- Guatemala: Exclusión social y estrategias para enfrentarla. by Víctor Gálvez Borrell
- Das Konzept des inneren Feindes in Guatemala: Aufstandsbekämpfung, Menschenrechtsverletzungen und Sicherheitspolitik im Zeitalter der neuen Kriege (Politik in Afrika, Asien und Lateinamerika) by Matthias Epe
- El trueno en la ciudad : episodios de la lucha armada urbana de 1981 en Guatemala by Mario Payeras
- Guatemala : burden of paradise by Duncan Green
- After the Coup: An Ethnographic Reframing of Guatemala 1954 by Timothy J. Smith
- Guatemala 1944: Crisis y revolución : ocaso y quiebre de una forma estatal by Sergio Tischler Visquerra
- The Maya of modernism art, architecture, and film by Jesse Lerner
- Guatemala by Anita Croy
- The international politics of post-conflict reconstruction in Guatemala by Nicola Short
- De la memoria a la reconstrucción histórica by Beatriz Manz
- Globalization on the Ground by Nelson Amaro
- Globalization on the ground : postbellum Guatemalan democracy and development by Christopher Chase-Dunn
- Guatemala: False Hope, False Freedom - The Rich, the Poor and the Christian Democrats by James Painter
- El genocidio de Guatemala : a la luz de la sociología militar by Prudencio García
- Guatemala. Tomo III, pueblos indígenas, actores políticos: historia reciente (1954-1996) by Carlos Figueroa Ibarra
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.