Melvil Decimal System: 974.69
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🐳 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Haven (city)
Works under MDS 974.69
- Connecticut Beautiful by Wallace Nutting
- The Nearly Departed: Or, My Family & Other Foreigners by Brenda Cullerton
- Insubordinate Spirit: A True Story Of Life And Loss In Earliest America 1610-1665 by Missy Wolfe
- The Early Settlement of Stamford Ct 1641-1700 by Jeanne Majdalany
- History of Danbury, Conn., 1684-1896 by James Montgomery Bailey
- Fairfield: The Biography of a Community, 1639-1989 by Thomas J. Farnham
- Before and After 1776: A Second Edition of the Comprehensive Chronology of the Town of Greenwich: 1640-1978 by Elizabeth W. Clarke
- Stamford Town Records, Volume 1, 1641-1723 by Paul R Finch
- Redding and Easton (CT) (Images of America) by Daniel Cruson
- Greens Farms, Connecticut, the old West parish of Fairfield ... historical sketches and reminiscences by George Penfield Jennings
- Greenwich before 2000: A chronology of the Town of Greenwich, 1640-1999 by Susan Richardson
- Greenwich: an illustrated history. : a celebration of 350 years by Robert G. Atwan, 1940-
- The Story of the Early Settlers of Stamford Connecticut 1641-1700 by Jeanne Majdalany
- Greenwich (CT) (Images of America) by William J. Clark
- Eighteenth Century Dwellings in Wilton by Wilton Historical Society
- Westport, Connecticut: The Story of a New England Town's Rise to Prominence by Woody Klein
- The ancient historical records of Norwalk, Connecticut; with a plan of the ancient settlement, and of the town in 1847 by Edwin Hall
- Westport and Weston Connecticut by William L. Scheffler
- We crown them all : an illustrated history of Danbury by William E. Devlin
- Black Rock,: Seaport of old Fairfield, Connecticut, 1644-1870; by Cornelia Penfield Lathrop
- Southport: The architectural legacy of a Connecticut village by Jan Cigliano
- Stamford: An Illustrated History by Estelle F. Feinstein
- Fairfield: The Biography of a Community, 1638-2000 by Thomas J. Farnham
- The history of the Cove in Stamford, Connecticut by Jeanne Majdalany
- The story of Stamford by Herbert F. Sherwood
- Annals of Wilton v.2 : A Connecticut town names its roads by Stowell Rounds
- Ye Historie of Ye Town of Greenwich, County of Fairfield and State of Connecticut by P. Spencer Mead
- A history of the town of Greenwich, Fairfield county, Conn., with many important statistics by Daniel M. Mead
- Annals of Wilton. Vol. 1. Wilton localities. by David Herman - Wilton Historical Society Van Hoosear
- Stamford in the gilded age; the political life of a Connecticut town, 1868-1893 by Estelle F. Feinstein
- Darien, 1641-1820-1970; historical sketches by Darien Historical Society
- Greenwich : beaches to backcountry by Rachel Oler Franco
- Memories by Helen Binney Kitchel
- Stamford Revolutionary War damage claims by Ronald Marcus
- Memories Overflowing by Helen Binney Kitchel
- Liaison: An Instinctive Way of Life by Jr. Ernest Hillman
- The history of Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut from the settlement of the town in 1639 to 1818 by Mrs Elizabeth Hubbell (Godfrey) Schenck
- Fort Stamford: A concise study by Ronald Marcus
- A List of eighty-seven old houses in Fairfield, Connecticut. Marked in celebration of the Connecticut Tercentenary 1635-1935 by Fairfield Tercentenary Committe
- Abstract of church records of the town of Greenwich by Spencer P. Mead, 1863-1935
- General Putnam's Horseneck confrontation with the British : including General Israel Putnam's historic feat of descending the Great Hill, February 16, 1779 by Joseph Zeranski
- An American odyssey : the Jewish experience in Greenwich : [Greenwich HIstorical Society] : November 15, 2017 - April 15, 2018. by meyersonann
- A Guide to Greenwich Point
- Springdale remembered : the history of a section of Stamford, Connecticut, 1640-1949 by Rosemary H. Burns
- Genealogical references in Stamford, Ct. land records, volumes A thru O, 1666-1800 by Edith M. Wicks
- Dedication exercises of the Stratford Library, January 16, 1896 by Stratford Stratford Library, Conn
- Fairfield, Connecticut tercentenary, 1639-1939 by Fairfield Tercentenary Committe
- Building Greenwich : architecture and design, 1640 to the present by Rachel Carley
- Chains unbound : slave emancipations in the town of Greenwich, Connecticut by Jeffrey B. Mead
- Greenwich magazine : 50th anniversary 1947-1997. by Greenwich Magazine editors
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.