Melvil Decimal System: 974.6908
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🐳 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Haven (city)
Works under MDS 974.6908
- Before and After 1776: A Second Edition of the Comprehensive Chronology of the Town of Greenwich: 1640-1978 by Elizabeth W. Clarke
- Greenwich before 2000: A chronology of the Town of Greenwich, 1640-1999 by Susan Richardson
- Greenwich: an illustrated history. : a celebration of 350 years by Robert G. Atwan, 1940-
- Greenwich (CT) (Images of America) by William J. Clark
- Ye Historie of Ye Town of Greenwich, County of Fairfield and State of Connecticut by P. Spencer Mead
- A history of the town of Greenwich, Fairfield county, Conn., with many important statistics by Daniel M. Mead
- Greenwich : beaches to backcountry by Rachel Oler Franco
- Memories by Helen Binney Kitchel
- Memories Overflowing by Helen Binney Kitchel
- Greenwich in pictures. by Greenwich Greenwich press, Conn.
- Greenwich: 90 years in pictures. by Greenwich Mail
- A community of beautiful estates : Greenwich, Connecticut. by Connecticut Magazine Company
- Becoming Old Greenwich by Carolyn Grant Colegrove
- Greenwich 1640-1990: A special section celebrating the town, its history and its people on its 350th anniversay. by Greenwich Time
- Eighty Years by Mary A. Reynolds
- Greenwich celebrates 350 years. Greenwich Review. Special commemorative review. by Greenwich Review
- 3 Shore Acre Drive by Carolyn Grant Colegrove
- Collection of Headstone Inscriptions Town of Greenwich, Connecticut by Charles R Hales
- Greenwich in 1940; being a brief historical sketch of the town with views of the principal buildings and homes in the community and including Who's who in Greenwich by Greenwich Press
- Early scenes from the history of Greenwich
- Hillcrest Park: History of an Old Greenwich Neighborhood by Geoffrey Lynfield
- Greenwich, Conn. Part I. [inscriptions copied from gravestones. Arranged with genealogical notes and list of Revolutionary soldiers & index] by Francis F. Spies
- A child's early history of Greenwich by Marie C. Krumeich
- Greenwich mean time : the life of Elizabeth Fones Winthrop Feake Hallen and the earliest history of Greenwich, Connecticut by Missy Wolfe
- Greenwich Point by Anya Seton
- The Beloved Physician: a funeral sermon for Darius Mead, M. D. of Greenwich, Conn. by S.B.S. Bissell, Rev.
- Davis Avenue Sagas by Joyce Lanterea Trackster
- Hidden history of colonial Greenwich by Mary Wolfe
- 2 Forest Avenue: A Chronology. by Merl W. Baker
- Abstract of church records of the town of Greenwich by Spencer P. Mead, 1863-1935
- General Putnam's Horseneck confrontation with the British : including General Israel Putnam's historic feat of descending the Great Hill, February 16, 1779 by Joseph Zeranski
- An American odyssey : the Jewish experience in Greenwich : [Greenwich HIstorical Society] : November 15, 2017 - April 15, 2018. by meyersonann
- A Guide to Greenwich Point
- Building Greenwich : architecture and design, 1640 to the present by Rachel Carley
- Chains unbound : slave emancipations in the town of Greenwich, Connecticut by Jeffrey B. Mead
- Greenwich magazine : 50th anniversary 1947-1997. by Greenwich Magazine editors
- A Guide to Greenwich point by Greenwich Conservation Commission
- Before & after 1776 : a comprehensive chronology of the town of Greenwich, Connecticut, 1640-1976 by Elizabeth W. Clarke
- Tercentenary of the Town of Greenwich, 1940. Official Souvenir Historical Booklet and Program by Greenwich Tercentenary Committee,
- Seton's indians : oral history interview with Leonard S. Clark by Penny. Bott
- More memories by Helen Binney Kitchel
- Loyal to the land : the history of a Greenwich Connecticut family by Deborah Wing Ray
- The house on Lot and Drake's Corner by Edgar Thorn Mead
- Hidden ledge origins: beauty, truth, wisdom and love. Caldwell stewardship of Walden Woods including Hillside and Hidden Ledge, Cat Rock Road by Mary Jane Caldwell Nickerson Steward, 1925-1997
- The D'Andrea Family of Riverside, Connecticut: From the town of Rose, Calabria to the town of Greenwich, Connecticut by Andrew Rocco Melillo
- The Greenwich Junior Women's Club Presents A Driving Tour of Historic Greenwich by Louise A. Finch
- Greenwich during the Great War. by Amanda Hall
- Sarah and her town: Sarah Bush in Cos Cob, 1777-1824. Student Activity Book by Historical Society of t...
- Greenwich history : the journal of the Historical Society of the Town of Greenwich by Historical Society of t...
- Sarah by Deborah H. Deford
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.