Melvil Decimal System: 974.8184
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Southeast counties; Philadelphia and Chester group
Eastern counties; Bucks group
Northeast counties; Northumberland group
Southeast central counties; Cumberland group
Northeast central counties; East Lycoming group
Northwest central counties; West Lycoming group
Southwest central counties; Bedford group
Southwest counties; Westmoreland group
Northwest counties; Allegheny group
Philadelphia (co. and city)
Works under MDS 974.8184
- Wiconisco Telephone and Telegraph Company: Telephone Directory, 1936-1937. by Wiconisco Telephone and Telegraph Company
- Upper Dauphin Area Middle School Dedication, 1973. by Upper Dauphin Area Board of Education
- Whiz Bang: 1952 Yearbook. by Lykens Valley Joint School District
- Directory of the Lykens Valley Charge of the United Church of Christ, 1962-1963: Simeon's Church, Gratz. by Lykens Valley Charge
- Lykens Valley Parish: Biographies of Lutheran and Reformed Ministers. by Various
- Official Telephone Directory: Mahanoy and Mahantango Telephone Company, 1986. by Mahanoy and Mahantango Telephone Company
- Lykens-Williams Valley History, Directory and pictorial review. Embracing the Entire Lykens and Williams Valley, in the Effort to Preserve the Past and Perpetuate the Present. by J. Allen Barrett
- Master Index to Helen Bowman's Lykens Valley Area Obituaries. by Gratz Historical Society
- Lykens and Williams Valley Flood of 1972. by Lykens Standard
- Lykens Valley Bulletin of the Reformed Church, 1944-1958. by Lykens Valley Reformed Charge
- Upper Dauphin Area Elementary School: Classbook 1996. by Upper Dauphin Area Board of Education
- Civil War Listing: Soldiers' Records. by Gratz Historical Society
- Jubilee Memorial Volume of the Danville Conference of the Evangelical Lutheran Ministerium of Pennsylvania and Adjacent States by Rev. S. E. Ochsenford
- Whiz Bang: 1924 Yearbook. by Lykens Valley Vocational School Class in American History
- Census of the United States: Lykens Valley, 1890. Special Schedule of Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines and Widows, etc. by United States. Department of State
- Lykens Valley: Revolutionary War Soldiers (Book 1 and Book 2) by Gratz Historical Society
- Transcriptions of Lykens Valley Tax Assessments, 1792-1899. by Gratz Historical Society
- Lykens Valley: War of 1812 Veterans (Book 1 and Book 2). by Gratz Historical Society
- Berrytier: 1951 Yearbook. by Lykens Valley Joint School District
- Selected Dauphin County Death Records, 1893-1906. by Gene Romberger
- Lykens Valley: Civil War Veterans (Book 1 through Book 5). by Gratz Historical Society
- Whiz Bang: 1953 Yearbook. by Lykens Valley Joint School District
- Early Churches of the Lykens Valley, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. by Keystone Seekers Genealogical Quarterly
- Lykens Valley: World War I Veterans. by Gratz Historical Society
- Town Book for the Township of Upper Paxton in the County of Dauphin and State of Pennsylvania: Contain the Accounts and Settlements of the Overseers of the Poor for Said Township; Also Fines and Recovery to the Poor Belonging from the Eighteenth Day of May, A. D., 1799. by Jay M. Osman
- Marriages: Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1852-1855. by Keystone Seekers Genealogical Quarterly
- Lykens Valley: Korean War Veterans. by Gratz Historical Society
- Up-Lyn Tidings: The Up-Lyn Group Ministry, United Church of Christ, Lancaster Synod, Pennsylvania. by Joseph Heiney
- Lykens Valley: Vietnam War Veterans. by Gratz Historical Society
- The United Church of Christ Northern Cluster of Churches (Harrisburg Association, Penn Central Conference, Pennsylvania). by United Church of Christ
- Transcriptions of Federal Census Returns for the for Lykens Valley, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1790- by Gratz Historical Society
- Lykens Valley: All Wars - Veteran Burials in Area Cemeteries. by Gratz Historical Society
- Official Journal of the Uniting Session of Central Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, 1969.
- Lykens Valley: World War II Veterans. by Gratz Historical Society
- History of the East Susquehanna Classis, Eastern Synod, Pennsylvania, The Reformed Church in the United States, 1856-1941. by A. Levan Zechman
- History of Lykens Valley Camp Meeting, Church of the United Brethren in Christ: Fifty Years of Service, "Golden Jubilee" Session, July 25, 1944 to August 3, 1944, Elizabethville, Pennsylvania. by Lykens Valley Camp Meeting
- Official Telephone Directory: TDS Telecom. by TDS Telecom
- Upper Dauphin Area School District: Elementary School Handbook, 1978-1979. by Upper Dauphin Area Schoo District
- Millersburg: Upper Dauphin, Northumberland and Schuylkill Counties, Easy Pages Telephone Directory, 1990. by Hal Weaver
- The Golden Years of Lykens Valley Lutheran Parish with the Rev. Wayne Z. Artz, Pastor, September 27, 1964. by Lykens Valley Lutheran Parish
- Commonwealth Telephone Company: Temporary Directory of Elizabethville, Gratz, Lykens, 1956. by Commonwealth Telephone Directory
- The Danville Conference of the Evangelical Lutheran Ministerium of Pennsylvania, 1954 by Danville Conference
- Wisonisco Telephone and Telegraph Company: Telephone Directory, 1947-1948. by Wiconisco Telephone and Telegraph Company
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.