Melvil Decimal System: 974.82
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Southeast counties; Philadelphia and Chester group
Eastern counties; Bucks group
Northeast counties; Northumberland group
Southeast central counties; Cumberland group
Northeast central counties; East Lycoming group
Northwest central counties; West Lycoming group
Southwest central counties; Bedford group
Southwest counties; Westmoreland group
Northwest counties; Allegheny group
Works under MDS 974.82
- Another Shot: How I Relived My Life in Less Than a Year by Joe Kita
- Half the House by Richard Hoffman
- The Gift to Be Simple: Life in the Amish Country by Bill Coleman
- Tomahawks and Trombones (Carolrhoda on My Own Books) by Barbara Mitchell
- Pennsylvania Births, Carbon County, 1795-1825; Monroe County, 1741-1825; Schuylkill County, 1755-1825 by John T. Humphrey
- Annals of the Swedes on the Delaware, from their First Settlement in 1636, to the Present Time by Jehu Curtis Clay
- Matamoras to Shohola: A Journey Through Time (PA) (Images of America) by Matthew M. Osterberg
- Lambertville & New Hope (Images of America) by George; Warren James; Kline Mastrich, Yvonne
- Lower Bucks County (PA) (Postcard History Series) by Andrew Mark Herman
- Lehigh Valley - The Unsuspected (Publications of the Northampton County Historical and Genealogical Society) by Richmond E. Myers
- Bucks County : an illustrated history by Terry A. McNealy
- Once : As it Was by Griselda Jackson Ohannessian
- Bethlehem by Bethlehem Public Library
- The Stroudsburgs in the Poconos (PA) (Images of America) by Marie Summa
- DELAWARE WATER GAP NATIONAL RECREATION A (Images of America) by Laura Obiso
- Bristol (PA) (Images of America) by Harold Mitchener
- Hellertown (PA) (Images of America) by Lee A. Weidner
- History of Lehigh county, Pennsylvania, and a genealogical and biographical record of its families by Charles Rhoads Roberts
- Journey Along the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad: Pictorial History of Pocono Mountain Boarding Homes, Hotels, by Alan Sweeney
- Place Names of Northampton County, Pennsylvania by James Wright
- Bethlehem (PA) (Images of America) by Bethlehem Area Public Library
- Reminiscences of George La Bar - The Centenarian of Monroe County, PA. by A. B. Burrell
- Carbon County (PA) (Postcard History Series) by Rebecca Rabenold-Finsel
- Yardley (Images of America) by Vince Profy
- Historic Morvaian Bethlehem Pennsylvania; a national historic landmark district by Laura L. Burtner, ed.
- Yardley (Images of America: Pennsylvania) by Vince Profy
- Solebury Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania : a short history of the township and a report on township officers and affairs by John Richardson
- 1845 History of Monroe County, Pennsylvania by I. Daniel Rupp
- Lower Saucon Township (PA) (Images of America) by Lee A. Weidner
- Civil War and Pike County by William F. Henn
- Plumstead Township by The Plumstead Township Historic Advisory Committee
- At Liberty: The Story of a Community and a Generation : The Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, High School Class of '52 by Joseph E. Illick
- History of Monroe County, Pennsylvania by Robert Brown Keller
- Monroe County Sesquicentennial 1836 - 1986
- Northampton Borough diamond jubilee 1901-1976 commemorative booklet by Arthur R. Schisler
- Stroudsburg In The Poconos - Sesqui-Centennial 1815-1965
- 1845 History of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania by I. D. Rupp
- Perkasie (Postcard History Series) by Ivan J. Jurin
- Two centuries of Nazareth, 1740-1940 by George M. Shultz
- Landmarks of Monroe County by William S Lesh
- Allentown, PA Bicentennial 1962 Sesquicentennial Lehigh County
- Centennial and illustrated Wayne County; Historical, Biographical, Industrial, Picturesque, Commercial, Financial,
- Monroe County Historic Photo Album
- Our Lehigh County - Grade Four Social Studies
- Around Lake Ariel (PA) (Images of America) by Kurt A. Reed
- Living In Monroe County by League of Women Voters ...
- Allentown (PA) (Postcard History Series) by Kevin S. Gildner
- Langhorne, Crossroads of History: Samuel C. Eastburn's "Olde Attleborough" by Florence Wharton
- Atlas of Centre County Pennsylvania: From Actual Surveys by and under the direction of Beach Nichols. by Beach . Nichols
- A Walk Through Monroe County Kitchens 1836-1986 Sesquicentennial Cookbook by Inc. Monroe County Sesquicentennial Assn.
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.