Melvil Decimal System: 974.94
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🤑 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Upper southern counties
Lower southern counties
Works under MDS 974.94
- Asbury Park's Glory Days: The Story of an American Resort by Helen-Chantal Pike
- Where the Raritan Flows by Earl Schenck Miers
- Point Pleasant, New Jersey: 2 (Point Pleasant, NJ) by Jerry A. Woolley
- Six Miles At Sea: A Pictorial History of Long Beach Island, New Jersey by John Bailey Lloyd
- Ocean Grove (NJ) (Images of America) by Wayne Bell
- Naval Air Station, Lakehurst (NJ) (Images of America) by Kevin Pace
- First settlers of ye plantations of Piscataway and Woodbridge, olde East New Jersey, 1664-1714 : a period of fifty years; Part 4 by Orra Eugene Monnette
- Red Bank (NJ) (Images of America) by Randall Gabrielan
- Long Beach Island (NJ) (Images of America) by George C. Hartnett
- Down Barnegat Bay: A Nor'Easter Midnight Reader : The Sesquicentennial Edition by Plexus Pub
- The Lure of Long Beach by George B. Somerville
- Twice told tales: Reflections of Monmouth County''s past by George H. Moss
- Seaside Park (NJ) (Images of America) by Andrew J. Anderson
- Colonial Families of New Jersey by F. Edward Wright
- The Shooting of Rabbit Wells: A White Cop, a Young Man of Color, and an American Tragedy; with a New Introduction by the Author by William Loizeaux
- Sandy Hook by Randall Gabrielan
- Metuchen, New Jersey by Stacy E. Spies
- Long Branch People and Places (NJ) (Images of America) by Randall Gabrielan
- Around Deal Lake (NJ) (Images of America) by Marie A. Sylvester
- Monmouth County, New Jersey by Randall Gabrielan
- Shooting of Rabbit Wells: An American Tragedy by William Loizeaux
- Old Times in Old Monmouth: Historical Reminiscences of Old Monmouth County, New Jersey: Being a Series of Historical Sketches Relating to Old Monmouth County (now Monmouth and Ocean), New Jersey by Edwin Salter
- History of Piscataway Township, 1666-1976 by Walter C Meuly
- History of Union and Middlesex Counties, New Jersey, with Biographical Sketches of Many of Their Pioneers and Prominent Men by W. W. Clayton
- Rumson by Randall Gabrielan
- New Brunswick & Middlesex County: The Hub and the Wheel : An Illustrated History by Gary Karasik
- Neptune and Shark River Hills (NJ) (Images of America) by Evelyn Stryker Lewis
- Spring Lake by Patricia Florio Colrick
- Somerset County Articles in The Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey -- Summary and Descriptions, 1925-2006 by Judith Green Watson
- Long Branch in the Golden Age: Tales of Fascinating and Famous People by Sharon Hazard
- Monroe Township and Jamesburg (NJ) (Images of America) by John D. Katerba
- The Anniversary of New Brunswick, New Jersey 1680-1730-1930 by William H. S Demarest
- Lesser crossroads by Andrew D Mellick
- Passage Point: An amateur's dig into New Jersey's colonial past by Richard B. Marrin
- Rumson : Volume II by Randall Gabrielan
- Atlantic Highlands: From Lenape Camps to Bayside Town (NJ) (Making of America) by Paul D. Boyd
- Union Beach, NJ (Images of America) by William H. Burket
- Shrewsbury : Volume II by Randall Gabrielan
- Freehold (Images of America: New Jersey) by Lee Ellen Griffith
- Eighteen Miles of History on Long Beach Island by John Bailey Lloyd
- Keyport Volume II (NJ) (Images of America) by Timothy E. Regan
- Freehold: A Hometown History (NJ) (Making of America) by Barbara Pepe
- Little Silver (NJ) (Images of America) by Karen L. Schnitzpahn
- Freehold, New Jersey (Freehold, NJ) by Lee Ellen Griffith
- Bradley Beach Treasures: Reflections of the Jersey Shore by Bette Blum
- New Brunswick, NJ by Timothy E. Regan
- Sea Girt, New Jersey: A Brief History by Joseph G. Bilby
- Monmouth County articles in The Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey : summary & descriptions, 1925-2004 by Judith Green Watson
- Highland Park (NJ) (Images of America) by Jeanne Kolva
- Monmouth County, New Jersey: A bibliography of published works, 1676-1973 by Robert F Van Benthuysen
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.