Melvil Decimal System: 977.41
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌽 > 🥊 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Central south counties
Southeast central counties
Southwest central counties
Northwest central counties
Northeast central counties
Works under MDS 977.41
- The Other Side of the River: A Story of Two Towns, a Death, and America's Dilemma by Alex Kotlowitz
- The Chicago River: A Natural and Unnatural History by Libby Hill
- Land of four flags; an early history of the St. Joseph Valley by Wilbur M. Cunningham
- Kalamazoo and how it grew by Willis F. Dunbar
- Lost on the Lakes: Shipwrecks of Berrien County, Michigan by Robert C. Myers
- With This Inheritance Holland Michigan: The Early Years by Sara Michel
- Old Fort Saint Joseph by Ralph Ballard
- Maritime South Haven: 1900-1950 (MI) (Images of America) by The Michigan Maritime Museum
- Berrien County in Vintage Postcards (MI) (Postcard History Series) by Sherry Arent Cawley
- The Grand Haven Area: 1860-1960 (MI) (Images of America) by Ph.D. Wallace K. Ewing
- Reflections of Ottawa County 1837-1987 by Ottawa County Sesquicentennial Committee
- Jenison Electric Park: Holland, Michigan's Beloved Resort and Amusement Park by Alisa Crawford
- Kalamazoo Michigan (MI) (Images of America) by David Kohrman
- Harbor Country (Images of America: Michigan) (Images of America) by Robert Mueller
- Early Memories of Saugatuck by May Francis Heath
- St. Joseph and Benton Harbor (MI) (Images of America) by Elaine Cotsirilos Thomopoulos
- River Roost by C. Eichinger
- Holland's heritage : a series of sketches and narratives having to do with the founding of Holland, Michigan
- 2 Cities 48 Hours: Benton Harbor & St. Joseph, Michigan by David Knight
- Dowagiac (MI ) (Images of America) by Steven Arseneau
- L'Dor Va Dor: From Generation to Generation
- Sister Lakes by R.L. Rasmussen
- Paw Paw River times & people by Roy M. Davis
- Van Buren echoes by Van Buren Regional Genealogical Society
- A Place called Portage: A collection of memories by those who experienced the development of a place called Portage from 1912 to 1989 by BILL SMYTHE
- Van Buren County, Michigan marriage records : book A 1836-1866 by Donna L. Staggs
- A Tale of One Village, Vicksburg, Michigan 1831-2000 by Arle Schneider, Dr.
- Casco Township, Bounty by the Lake: The History of Casco Township, Allegan County, Michigan, 1844-1995 by Jeanne Hallgren
- St. Joseph County's Historic River Country (MI) (Images of America) by Jane Simon Ammeson
- Resorts of Berrien County (MI) (Images of America) by Elaine Cotsirilos Thomopoulos
- Lincoln's Ready-made Soldiers: Saugatuck Area Men in the Civil War by Kit Lane
- Cemetery records of Baroda township in Berrien County, Michigan by Victor Reisig
- Baroda: the Story of a Small Place. Celebrate Baroda 1890-1990 by Kathleen Shafer
- Maritime Grand Haven:: Coast Guard City USA (Images of America) by Wallace K Ewing
- St. Joseph and Benton Harbor (Images of Modern America) by Shannon McRae
- The farm that was a zoo by Donald Van Reken
- Historic Grand Haven and Ottawa County by Leo C Lillie
- Paw Paw Lake, Michigan: A One Hundred Year Resort History 1890'S-1990's by Roderick L. Rasmussen
- The Holland fire of October 8, 1871 (Holland, Michigan) by Donald L. Van Reken
- The 2012 Marvelous Mavens Tribute Book
- Hope College - Then and Now: With: Hope College : a 125th anniversary retrospective : featuring a selection of images from the Joint Archives of Holland by ed. Larry J. Wagenaar
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.