Melvil Decimal System: 977.59
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌽 > 🧀 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Central north counties
Central west counties
Central east counties
Central south counties
Works under MDS 977.59
- The Making of Milwaukee by John Gurda
- Milwaukee Then and Now by Sandra Ackerman
- Cream City Chronicles: Stories of Milwaukee's Past by John Gurda
- This Is Milwaukee by Robert W. Wells
- One nation, many tribes : how kids live in Milwaukee's Indian community by Kathleen Krull
- Shaving Lessons: A Memoir of Father and Son by Kurt Chandler
- Milwaukee's Brady Street Neighborhood by Frank D Alioto
- Illuminating the Particular: Photographs of Milwaukee's Polish South Side by Christel T. Maass
- Milwaukee 150: The greater Milwaukee story by Ellen Langill
- Wauwatosa (WI) (Images of America) by Wauwatosa Historical Society
- North Prairie, an historic Wisconsin village, 1834-1950 by Donald J. KABITZKE
- Greater Milwaukee's Growing Pains, 1950-2000: An Insider's View (Wisconsin) by Richard W. Cutler
- Latina Lives in Milwaukee (Latinos in Chicago and Midwest) by Theresa Delgadillo
- Milwaukee: The Best of All Worlds by Ruth Fromstein
- Entertainment in Early Milwaukee (WI) (Images of America) by Larry Widen
- Lulu's Christmas Story: A True Story of Faith and Hope During the Great Depression by Ludmilla Bollow
- Irish Milwaukee by Martin Hintz
- Historic Photos of Milwaukee (Historic Photos.) by Elizabeth Chasco
- Italian Milwaukee by Martin Hintz
- Index to Southeastern Wisconsin, a history of old Milwaukee County, by John G. Gregory by Mrs. Sturges W. Bailey
- The effigy mound culture of Wisconsin by Chandler W. Rowe
- Bay View (Images of America) by Ron Winkler
- History of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, from pre-historic times to the present date, embracing a summary sketch of the native tribes, and an exhaustive record of men and events for the past century
- The summit of Oconomowoc: 150 years of Summit Town by Barbara Barquist
- Milwaukee by T. Dacquisto
- Perspectives on Milwaukee's Past by Margo Anderson
- South Milwaukee (WI) (Images of America) by Nels J. Monson
- Riverwest : a community history by Tom Tolan
- Oak Creek Wisconsin (WI) (Images of America) by Anita Rowe
- Humor from the Country (Rural Life) by Jerry Apps
- Milwaukee: A Chronological & Documentary History, 1673-1977 by George J. Lankevich
- Backroads: A series of local histories compiled and written by Arrowhead High School composition students by Betty Larsen
- Glimpses of an earlier Milwaukee by William Francis Hooker
- Oak Creek, WI (Images of America) by Anita Rowe
- An Illustrated description of Milwaukee : its homes, social conditions, public institutions, manufactures, commerce, improvements, and its unparalleled growth ... by Milwaukee Sentinel (ed.)
- Prairie Farmer's Home and County Directory of Waukesha County Wisconsin 1928
- Place of the bear by D. E. Wright
- When Midwest millionaires lived like kings by Jean Lindsay Johnson
- The Pine Lake saga by William F. Stark
- Once Upon a Prairie: Reflections of Waukesha's Yesterdays by G. H. Koenig
- The Saga of Old Muskego by Nils Nilsen Rønning
- Backroads III: a sequel to Backroads I and II by Arrowhead HIgh School Composition Students
- A Chronicle of Old Muskego by Søren Bache
- Memories of the Early Days by Mrs. Melinda A. Weaver
- Remembering yesterday: A pictorial history of Racine, Wisconsin by Gerald L. Karwowski
- Welsh Settlement in Waukesha County, Wisconsin 1840-1873 by Anne Kelly Knowles
- Milwaukee, the history of a city by Bayrd Still
- The Back Porch and Other Stories by Jerry Apps
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.