- All collections (11,097), Your library (11,095), Wishlist (2)
- horror (2,946), music CDs (1,482), fantasy (1,105), rock music (1,083), short stories (1,004), Lovecraftiana (924), science fiction (894), anthologies (689), signed (668), poetry (663), Margi's books (641), movie DVDs (626), biography (623), occultism (581), criticism (556), crime (480), magick (465), ghost stories (437), essays (436), pop music (417), rare books (405), limited editions (324), art (324), Thelema (308), Crowleyana (288), magazines (250), weird verse (240), 93 current (223), Cthulhu Mythos (221), Beatles (201), Victoriana (201), Australian rock music (196), music DVDs (188), occult fiction (188), journals (185), literature (175), Graham's books (175), witchcraft (160), history (152), fiction (151), cinema (142), most valuable (142), Egyptiana (135), mythology (134), reference (127), psychology (125), thrillers (120), Sherlockiana (119), autobiography (113), horror cinema (113), vampires (111), Arkham House (111), Goddess (111), radical culture (109), bibliographies (106), Poeiana (106), Qabalah (105), ancient history (103), Australian (102), interviews (97), documentaries (95), Burroughsiana (91), historical (88), prog rock (87), toad (86), television (86), comedy (86), reviews (84), politics (82), alchemy (81), Wicca (81), humour (80), Australian horror (77), philosophy (77), general fiction (75), Surrealism (75), Beats (74), feminism (74), letters (74), occult detectives (74), Australian poetry (71), astrology (70), religion (68), Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (67), Australian science fiction (63), archaeology (62), graphic novels (62), Gothic (61), activism (61), Tarot (59), how to write (59), divination (58), CASiana (58), paganism (58), mysticism (57), plays (57), Blackmoreiana (57), sexuality (55), large format (55), Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood (55), comics (54), Ripperiana (53), Sword and Sorcery (53), true crime (51), folk music (49), pulps (49), New Aeon (49), multi-signed (48), Gnosticism (48), Tantra (47), sex magick (45), science (44), magic (44), Situationism (44), shamanism (43), healing (43), encyclopedias (43), audio CDs (42), Freemasonry (41), Celts (41), music (41), Satanism (40), film tie-ins (39), Situationist International (39), adventure (39), Hammer Films (39), Monty Python (38), spirituality (37), Weird Tales magazine (36), books about books (36), drama (35), Orientalia (35), anarchism (35), Rosaleen Norton (35), audiocassettes (33), seasonal rituals (33), Australian pop music (33), occult art (32), covers (31), horror writers (31), planetary romance (29), avant-garde (29), Enochian magick (29), Knights Templar (28), yoga (28), Atlantis (27), Tree of Life (27), Australian fantasy (27), musicals (26), Dracula (26), Druidism (26), Rossetti (25), Fu Manchu (25), Aleister Crowley (25), initiation (24), Rosicrucianism (24), cookery (24), experimental music (24), soundtracks (24), leftism (24), literary reference (22), erotica (22), symbolism (22), chakras (22), ritual magick (22), Goetia (22), zombies (22), drugs (21), A O Spare (21), language (21), grimoires (21), Dr Dee (21), spoken word (21), Isis (20), Holy Grail (20), lost worlds (20), runes (20), catalogs (20), travel (20), audiobooks (20), dictionaries (20), werewolves (19), Australian fiction (19), mummies (19), Necronomicon (18), demonology (18), oldest books (18), Batman (18), Frankenstein (18), Hermetica (18), Ordo Templi Orientis (18), meditation (18), I Ching (17), Australian crime (17), talismans (17), screenplays (17), Australian literature (17), Solar Pons (17), heroic fantasy (17), supernatural (17), Aboriginal spirituality (17), correspondence (16), angel magick (16), Jungian psychology (16), Enochian (16), secret societies (16), sacred sites (16), French literature (16), Buddhism (16), sacred geometry (16), photography (15), Hinduism (15), Egyptian magick (15), mystery (15), θέλημα (15), esoteric Christianity (15), Hermeticism (15), cosmology (15), goddesses (15), dreaming (15), Letterist International (15), serial killers (15), sabbats (15), ritual tools (15), science fiction cinema (15), Voodoo (14), Left Hand Path (14), Tibet (14), astronomy (14), rituals (14), cut-ups (14), Church of All Worlds (14), weird fiction (14), herbalism (14), Typhonian O.T.O. (14), heavy rock music (14), women's studies (14), self-help (14), relationships (13), heavy metal music (13), Reclaiming witchcraft (13), Sufism (13), chaos magick (13), psychogeography (13), Typhonian magick (13), Australian history (13), paranormal phenomena (13), stage magic (13), A.'.A.'. (13), decadence (12), Theosophy (12), pyramids (12), Zos Kia Cultus (12), health (12), Australian weird verse (12), Arthuriana (12), martial arts (12), Dadaism (12), satire (12), Aboriginal culture (12), Neopaganism (11), Australian witchcraft (11), chess (11), Genesis P-Orridge (11), Nazism (11), Lilith (11), gods (11), gematria (11), horror movie DVDs (11), Robert Bloch (11), erotic horror (11), cats (11), evocation (10), The Church (band) (10), collage (10), subversive cinema (10), Voudoun (10), Australian occultism (10), Kali (10), Celtic mythology (10), Anton LaVey (10), Set (10), theatre (10), animation (10), Osiris (10), emotional release (10), Kundalini (10), children's fiction (9), Australian Lovecraftiana (9), Black Mass (9), evil (9), hardboiled (9), visualisation (9), Maya (9), UFOs (9), verse (9), Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica (9), pop culture (9), black magic (9), ghosts (9)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Weird Tales Magazine, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, Adventure Classics, Aussie Small Press and Spec Fic, Australian LibraryThingers, Babalon Down Under, Baker Street and Beyond, Books on Books, Bookshelf of the Damned, Cthulhu Mythos, Cyberpunks, Druidry, E. F. Benson, Freemasonry, Ghost Stories, Past and Present, glasgow, Happy Heathens, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Hobnob with Authors, Horror, Initiation Into Hermetics, Legacy Libraries, mugwumps, Mystical & Spiritual, New Wave Science Fiction and Fantasy, Nonduality, Occult Hash Slingers, Practical Magick, Pulp Fiction, Radical History, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Resistance is Fertile!, Robert E Howard Appreciation Group, Sous les pavés la plage, Sufism, The Chapel of the Abyss, The Weird Tradition, The Witches of LibraryThing, Thelema, Weird Fiction, William Burroughs, xaos at heart
- Jul 2, 2006
- Real Name
- Leigh Blackmore
- About My Library
- My library is about evenly split between horror/supernatural material, and occult/esoteric material. The horror includes many limited and signed first editions, a complete run of Arkham House books with a large collection of Weird Tales magazines and hundreds of anthologies. The esoteric collection is broadranging and covers Western magic, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Thelema, Wicca and many other occult subjects. There is also a collection of political books centred around Guy Debord, the Situationists and anarchism. Additionally there are sections devoted to William Burroughs/The Beats; Victoriana, in particular the Pre-Raphaelite painters esp. Dante Gabriel Rossetti; and Surrealism and the Avant-garde. Most books in my collection are for sale - at the right price - though trying to part me from my Arkham House collection will require a crowbar as well as substantial quantities of moolah. As at Feb 2009 all the horror material is listed, and I am making good progress cataloguing the occult material- but bear with me, there's a long way to go!
There are certain authors I had extensively at one time that are no longer in my collection. Sold all my Stephen Kings back in 1990 to finance a trip to the Lovecraft Centennial in Providence. Gave all my Tanith Lees, Kim Newmans, & Peter Straubs to friends who were more fanatical about them than I was. Sold all my Robert E. Howards to a similarly enthusiastic fellow, and sold my collections of rock books (David Bowie, Beatles - 100 + volumes) and Beckett criticism (100+ volumes).
A Note on tags: I use the tag "toad" to indicate a hardcover book without a dustjacket. Almost all my books are hardcover in d.j.(where possible - some are paperback originals) but I always try and upgrade - so 'toads' are books I want in better nick - usually old and rarish volumes that I will ultimately replace with jacketed copies.
My wishlist: I use www.bookmooch.com, and my current books wishlist is there.
- About Me
- I am a writer, researcher, editor and occultist based in Wollongong, NSW Australia. I worked 25 years in the book trade and now run my own editorial business, Proof Perfect Editorial Services (www.proofperfect.net.au). I hold a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Writing, Honours). I'm a passionate bibliophile verging on bibliomaniac. I formerly co-edited Terror Australis magazine and edited the anthology TERROR AUSTRALIS: BEST AUSTRALIAN HORROR (1993) and have been President of the Australian Horror Writers Association (I edited Midnight Echo issue 5 for them). I write horror stories and am looking for a publisher for my first collection of them (contact me if you want to publish my stuff!). I am an initiate of the Crowleyan magical organisation Ordo Templi Orientis and with my magical partner Margi Curtis co-facilitate MoonsKin, an eclectic coven based in Wollongong NSW. I run workshops on ceremonial magick including Qabalah, Thelemic magick, Enochian, the Golden Dawn etc. My extended family is the best thing in my life and the rather massive book collection I brought here now belongs to all of us! You think I've read all these books? You've gotta be kidding!My current book is a collection of weird poetry, Spores from Sharnoth and Other Madnesses, of which US journal Dead Reckonings) said: 'this remarkable little volume immediately places Blackmore as one of the leading weird poets of our time". You can buy the P'rea Press edition here: http://www.preapress.com/ and the Rainfall books edition (variant contents) here: http://www.rainfallsite.com/Disciples12.html
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Abraham Merritt, Frater Achad, Robert Aickman, Joan Aiken, Chrissy Amphlett, Robert Ansell, Cay Van Ash, Asia, Asia, J. G. Ballard, Nick Bantock, Clive Barker, Clive Barker, Robert H. Barlow, Matthew Barney, The Beatles, Charles Beaumont, Samuel Beckett, Henry L. P. Beckwith, Joe Bell, Michèle Bernstein, Michael Bertiaux, Peter Lamborn Wilson, Ambrose Bierce, Kent Blackmore, Leigh Blackmore, Rod Blackmore, Black Widow, Algernon Blackwood, James Blish, Wu Ming, Robert Bloch, Blondie, Henrik Bogdan, Grahame Bond, Guy Boothby, Jorge Luis Borges, Don Boyd, E. A. Wallis Budge, James Lee Burke, William S. Burroughs, Buzzcocks, Ramsey Campbell, P. H. Cannon, David Carroll, Jonathan Carroll, Dave Carson, John Carter, Lin Carter, James Cawthorn, Robert W. Chambers, Graham Chapman, Leslie Charteris, Lee Child, Chris & Cosey, Church, The Church, Harry Clarke, John Cleese, Carol Cleveland, Frank Coffman, Scott Connors, Storm Constantine, Peter Cook, Alice Cooper, Julian Cope, Richard Corben, J. Edward Cornelius, Elvis Costello, John Coulthart, David Cronenberg, Aleister Crowley, Amado Crowley, John Crowley, Current 93, Margaret Curtis, Margi Curtis, Margaret Curtis, Damn Fine Gentlemen, Guy Debord, Samuel R. Delany, Guillermo del Toro, August Derleth, Howard Devoto, Steve Diggle, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, Terry Dowling, Carl Dreadstone, Stefan Dziemianowicz, Jason Eckhardt, Electric Light Orchestra, Doug Elliott, Harlan Ellison, Phillip A. Ellis, Brian Eno, James A. Eshelman, Dennis Etchison, R. Alain Everts, Julius Evola, Stephen B Fabian, Linda Falorio, Michael Fantina, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, Graeme Flanagan, Akkadia Ford, Simon Ford, Karen Joy Fowler, Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel, Neil Gaiman, Andrea Gawthorne, Genesis, Terry Gilliam, Go-Go's, Lisa Goldstein, Kenneth Grant, Steffi Grant, Perry M. Grayson, Sonia Green, Edwina Grey, J. Daniel Gunther, Peter Haining, Barry William Hale, Christina Oakley Harrington, Frieda Harris, George Harrison, M. John Harrison, Russell Hoban, William Hope Hodgson, Stewart Home, Robert Hood, Robert Hood, Peter Hook, Alex Houstoun, Robert E. Howard, Jack Hunter, Eric Idle, Van Ikin, M. R. James, Japan, W. E. Johns, Jeffrey C. Jones, Meredith Jones, Terry Jones, S. T. Joshi, Falling Joys, Istvan Kantor, Mick Karn, James Kelman, Rick Kennett, Russell Kilbey, Steve Kilbey, King Crimson, Stephen J. King, T.E.D. Klein, Ken Knabb, Robert H. Knox, Peter Koppes, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Fritz Leiber, John Lennon, E. K Leyton, Thomas Ligotti, Steve Lines, Frank Belknap Long, Frank Belknap Long Jr., Charles Lovecraft, Charles Danny Lovecraft, Charles Daniel Whateley Lovecraft, H. P. Lovecraft, René Adolphe Schwaller de Lubicz, Robert Dean Lurie, Eric Van Lustbader, David Lynch, Arthur Machen, F. Gwynplaine MacIntyre, Greil Marcus, Esteban Maroto, Master Musicians of Jajouka, Richard Matheson, D. G. Mattichak, Paul McCartney, Patrick McGrath, Dave McKean, Grady Louis McMurtry, Marc A. Michaud, Ian Miller, Joni Mitchell, The Monkees, Michael Moorcock, Dylan Moran, Mogg Morgan, Harry O. Morris, Vali Myers, Nazz, Nema, Victor Neuburg, Victor Neuburg, Rosaleen Norton, Sinéad O'Connor, Gavin O'Keefe, Ordo Templi Orientis, O.T.O. Australia Oceania Lodge, Michael Palin, Dionysius Rogers, Adam Parfrey, Alan Parsons Project, Steven Paulsen, Michele Lee Phelan, Pink Floyd, Edgar Allan Poe, Roman Polanski, Iggy Pop, Genesis P-Orridge And Psychic TV, Genesis P-Orridge, J. K. Potter, Robert Price, Christopher Priest, W. H. Pugmire, Queen, Seabury Quinn, B. Michael Radburn, Radio Birdman, Israel Regardie, Keith Richmond, Duane W. Rimel, Sax Rohmer, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Ralph Rumney, Todd Rundgren, Ken Russell, Ray Russell, The Rutles, Sabazius X°, James Sallis, Jack Sargeant, Dan V. Sauer, David J. Schow, David E. Schultz, Darrell Schweitzer, J. Vernon Shea, Pete Shelley, John Shirley, Donald Sidney-Fryer, Dan Simmons, Iain Sinclair, Stephen Skinner, Clark Ashton Smith, Guy N. Smith, Cat Sparks, Richard Stanley, Martin P. Starr, George Sterling, Bryce Stevens, Bryce Stevens, J. Allen St John, Bernard Sumner, Stuart Swezey, David Sylvian, Andrei Tarkovsky, Thomas Tessier, William Tevelein, Donette Thayer, The Angels, The Dukes of Stratosphere, Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth, The Jam, The Residents, Iggy and The Stooges, The Third Road, James Thurber, Richard L. Tierney, J. R. R. Tolkien, Lars von Trier, Cosey Fanni Tutti, Cosey Fanny Tutti, Psychic TV, Utopia, Utopia, Frank Utpatel, Tom Vague, Jeff VanderMeer, The Velvet Underground, Karl Edward Wagner, Brendan Walls, Donald Wandrei, Kyla Ward, Kyla Lee Ward, Robert E. Weinberg, Deb Westbury, John Wetton, John Wetton, Geoffrey Willans, Marty Willlson-Piper, Colin Wilson, Robert Anton Wilson, Wings, Gene Wolfe, XTC, Gerald Yorke, Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: Berkelouw Books (Leichhardt), Lotus Health and Wellbeing Centre, Oskar's Wild Bookstore
Libraries: Ordo Templi Orientis U.S. Grand Lodge Library, University of Wollongong Library, Wollongong Central Library
- 50Watts, aaronlovecraft, AbhayKaviraj, Academic-Magic, alclark0, Amiziras, AndrewWheeler, anthimatter, anthonyandjessica, appydo1, arnzen, ashamel, AShR, AurealisMagazine, axarca, barrybaker, battlinjack, bcquinnsmom, Bernician, bibliorex, bluetyson, bookstopshere, brian_dare, BrigidsBlest, bruceandceals, CeceliaH, Chemyst, chg1, chrisloganedwards, christinejorja, Claire6y, CliffordDorset, Crypto-Willobie, cthulhuslibrarian, CUG, Curtisss, cynick, DamnationBooks, Dannelke, Dead_Dreamer, deadguy, deadskincells, die6die, dr_zirk, Eisler, elyos, fading_ember, Fictionman, fitzwater, frater_vep, G_Okeefe, gazmaniac, gdhaire, georgematt, Georges_T._Dodds, gmugmble, gumby75, iaosabao, ibonewits, imbolcfire, inkdrinker, israfel13, JaimeMcDougall, JAREDMONK, Jaybernstein, jenxs, JeremyCShipp, jesusandrew, jlcrow, joanne449, joehill, JohnAdcoxCarolBales, JohnGorski, johnnyapollo, jovike, JZTamer, Kaaron, keith418, KentonSem, kheperu, Kikhos_ba-Midhbar, kinoeyevertov, KoobieKitten, kurvanas, Kushana, LadyLovecraft, LeeBattersby, leoden, LindsayWalker, LisaShapter, LngWay2Go, macabrelibrarian, marc_beherec, mariamontgomery, mariaretz, matociquala, matthewpearl, MayorWhitebelly, MeetMeInTheStacks, Micko, MikeKo, miskatoniclibrary, morganhell, MR6686, mysticskeptic, no1bookreader, occidentalmartyr, panpiper, paradoxosalpha, paulhurtley, paulmoran, PhaedraB, Phoenix333, pipecad, PirateJenny, Randy_Hierodule, rbee, rdelupos, richardm123uk, RingoX, RobDavies, Rtrace, Rynemonn, Rynosseros, sailordanae, saint2001ron, Sammy_Munt, scotiviator, Seti_Scarabeus, setnahkt, shearrob, shivian, SimonHaynes, Smethers, Smoking_Mirror, solarisbooks, solis93, spiritus93, SRHarbin, StephenDedman, StevenLJones, stevenryan, StevenSpruill, strangefate, Suralon, Surtac, Susieqbarker, tabithabethia, TalieHelene, tartalom, TerryWeyna, theflyingbrick, TheNAC, theoldanarchist, theoldman, theratsmeow, Tinkerbell-NL, ToreKes, travelinlibrarian, tredegartrafalgar, tros, unapersson, vampduster, victoriajenkins, vigormortis, vintage_books, weirdfictionforever, William_T_Goodall, www.thisispk.org, yellowish_haze, yeschaton, yoyogod
- Interesting Library
- 9days, aaronlovecraft, AbhayKaviraj, Academic-Magic, AndrewCottingham, anthimatter, ashamel, AshleyDioses, Bernician, bertilak, bluetyson, bookstopshere, bruceandceals, bubastis-oto, calum-iain, carpentermt, CeceliaH, cosmicdolphin, crookedstick, Crypto-Willobie, cthulhuslibrarian, cynick, Dannelke, Dead_Dreamer, DonovanLoucks, drokk, Eisler, elyos, eremiticlife, Fictionman, frater_vep, haiirouchuujin, Harry_Houdini, JeremyCShipp, jlcrow, johnnyapollo, JulieP, keith418, KentonSem, kinoeyevertov, kurvanas, LadyLovecraft, laudanum, LindsayWalker, macabrelibrarian, miskatoniclibrary, MR6686, mysticskeptic, nomadica, O_Hozomeen, Oceania_Library, panpiper, paradoxosalpha, PhaedraB, Pitoucat, Randy_Hierodule, Rtrace, saint2001ron, scotiviator, scottconnors01, Seti_Scarabeus, SFCinematheque, singinanarchist, ssamuels, StephenDedman, StevenLJones, stevenryan, Surtac, TheHPLHS, theratsmeow, unapersson, vintage_books, William_T_Goodall, worlock93, yeschaton, yoyogod