- Your library (2,977)
- 2nd Wave Rarity (136), Lesbian POD (134), Signed by Author (88), Diana Press (26), Daughters Press (22), Onlywomen Press (21), Spinifex Press (17), Women's Press Collective (14), Persephone Press (12), 2nd Wave Memoir (12), BMC (11), Tough Dove Books (6), Violet Press (5), Word Weavers Press (5), Metis Press (5), Clothespin Fever Press (4), Gay Male POD (4), Mama's Press (4), Video (3), Herbooks (3), Frog in the Well (3), Publish-Her Press (3), Reviewed and given away (3), Shameless Hussy Press (3), Sheba Feminist Press (3), Moon Books (2), WTF? (2), Megaera Press (2), Womanshare Books (2), Sidewalk Revolution Press (2), Gynergy Books (2), Atalanta Press (2), Scratch and Sniff Stickers! (1), 2nd Wave Biography (1), Early Lesbian (1), Long Haul Press (1), eBook-- review only (1), not kept (1), Iowa City Women's Press (1), 13th Moon (1), Sojourner Truth Press (1), Woman Works Press (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Birds, Birding & Books, Crambo!, Dystopian novels, Feminist SF, Feminist Theory, Girlybooks, Hobnob with Authors, I prefer men to cauliflowers, Lesbian Bookworms, Literary Snobs, Mawrtyrs, Radical Feminism, Reading Books by Women, The Chapel of the Abyss, The Hashish Club, Writer's Brag and Rag Bag, Writer-readers
- Jan 3, 2010
- About My Library
- This list is an ongoing effort to tame the library, which has gone feral. My room of books, thanks to those great enablers Bookmooch and Abebooks, has overflowed into the hall and down the stairs.
I do own all the books listed here. I don't love them all equally; most are worthy of saving but not praising, some are brilliant or beautiful, while yet others are frankly repulsive and I don't know why I allow them in the house. Rather like people.
- About Me
- Yippee! My first novel, THREE, is out! My publisher (Flashpoint Press, an imprint of PM Press, Oakland, CA) and I both have copies and ebooks for sale, as do the usual online retailers. Or support your local independent book store!
"With an air of myth, an acute sense of irony, and a climactic sex scene you'll never forget, this savory book will keep a smirk of pleasure smeared across your face at every pithy dialogue, sharp observation, and lyrical turn of phrase." —www.LambdaLiterary.org
"A beautifully written literary novel." —DIVA Magazine
"Monahan uses language beautifully. Everything she attempts to achieve with imagery, allusion, and forays into science and poetry, she achieves." —Cascadia Subduction Zone
One yellow April morning, a 17 year old girl asks herself, “Do I dare to eat a peach?" Three different answers will send her down three very different paths.
That morning is long past. Now she is 41.
Kitty Trevelyan has been happily married 23 years. Happily enough. Until her professor asks her for coffee and kisses her.
Dr. Katherine North's memory of two lovers chafes her like a hair shirt. After reading one has died, she contacts the other—only to discover that she has been renounced for God.
Ántonia searches the sea-horizon every evening. In the last light, she can glimpse it: a feminist Utopia built on an abandoned oil rig, led by her charismatic and bipolar lover. Her lost Eden made by Eves.
Who are we? Who haven't we been? Have we dared? Three of one woman's possible lives are about to collide.
You can hear more and read the first few chapters here, at my new site: http://annemarie-monahan.com
Or you can just take a peek on Amazon.
"She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
- Mark Twain
- The Charming Hamlet of Cow Patty, MA
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Interesting Library
- 1in12Library, AbsentQualia, alchymyst, aluvalibri, amradio, Aussiewoman, avaland, BannedBooksLibrary, Beezie, BlackFeministMind, brookshefner, Caroline_McElwee, CaseyStepaniuk, catalpa, catfantastic, catherinepope, charbutton, chatty, Citizenjoyce, crimson-tide, csoki637, Danneeness, Djuna1927, donkelly68, EAG, EBMulligan, esreichert, feministlibrary, Fullmoonblue, GAGVLibrary, GLBTRT, GLCC, ijustgetbored, imyril, jeshumphre, KarenIrelandPhillips, KelMunger, Kelroka, Korrick, kylekatz, land_mammal, lava, lavalibrary, lewisr3, lilac_library, lilysea, LolaWalser, lquilter, lsardyke, ltimmel, LuxVestra, maeve_spry, mambo_taxi, mandyl, marietherese, meboo, mikeydrussell, mirrordrum, mkrenzer, MoochPurpura, Nickelini, ortsorfragments, overlycriticalelisa, PandorasRequiem, pattricejones, piemouth, RosalieMoralesKearns, SabinaAyse, secondwaver, seongeona, stargleamer, stellardrift, stranglingfruit, susanbooks, suzecate, ThePerpetualOrgy, urania1, valerenta, vanhalewijn, veritas, WellInformedCitizen