- All collections (286), Culture (1), Military History (285)
- Biography (49), World War 2 (42), Stability Operations (35), Military History (34), War (32), Lloyd Crumb Collection (31), Iraq War (28), Irregular Warfare (28), U.S. Army (27), Battle (27), Reference (26), Memoir (23), History (23), Civil War (22), American Revolution (21), Great Captains (21), President (19), European Theater (18), Photographs (18), Maps (16), Policy (15), Cold War (14), Atlas (13), Afghanistan War (12), Persian Gulf War (12), U. S. Army (11), J. A. Leo Lemay's Collection (11), Somalia (9), Special Forces (9), USA (9), Vietnam War (8), War on Terror (8), Middle East (8), Pacific Theater (8), Counterinsurgency (7), Signed by Author (7), Inscribed by John (7), Battlefield (7), Korean War (7), Research (6), Inscribed to John (6), Culture (6), Terrorism (6), Ancient Warfare (6), Politics (5), Reading (5), Arab-Israeli Wars (5), World War I (5), Indian Wars (4), Greece (4), George Washington (4), Battle of Mogadishu (4), Franco-Prussian War (4), Diplomacy (3), Napoleonic Wars (3), Security Force Assistance (3), Fold Out Maps (3), French and Indian War (3), Learning (3), Chronology (3), War of 1812 (2), Greeks (2), Ancient History (2), Mediterranean Theater (2), Sustainment (2), Rome (2), Balkan Wars (2), Spanish American War (2), Airpower (2), War of the Spanish Succession Great Captain (2), Pulitzer Prize (2), Urban Operations (2), Theory (2), Inscribed by Dad (2), Napoleon (2), Inscribed to Lloyd (1), Non-State Actors (1), Strategy (1), Culmination (1), Great Captain (1), Organizations (1), Grant (1), Religion (1), Eastern Front (1), Just Cause (1), Algerian War (1), Korea (1), Historical Fiction (1), Mexican War (1), Almanac (1), China (1), Alaska (1), Gettysburg (1), Lee (1), Crime (1), Operational Art (1), European History (1), Technology (1), Media (1), Map (1), Planning (1), Education (1), Schwarzkopf (1), Rangers (1), Music (1), Democracy (1), Ethnography (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- May 1, 2018
- Real Name
- John C. Lemay
- About My Library
- My library is located in half my basement and is inspired by my father’s study and the many Army plans vaults I served in over the years. I built the books shelves myself (and you can see my design flaws as they sag under the weight of my books)! But the fun part is the sliding white boards I installed over the bookshelves. I have six – two horizontal and four vertical – and they slide on top of each other for easy access to the books, or pull out for a wrap around planning space. My collection focuses on military history, theory, strategy, operational art, tactics and leadership.
- About Me
- I recently retired after serving 25 years and 7 months in the United States Army. My career began at West Point and upon graduation I became an infantry officer. I did two tours in Afghanistan and two tours in Iraq. During my career I earned a masters of Peace Operations from George Mason University and a masters of Military Arts and Science from the Army’s School of Advanced Military Studies. Now I am writing in my basement war room. Specifically I’m working on encoding the lessons of Afghanistan into a creative and fun game that will serve as a catalyst for effective learning. My current project is a video series that applies the teachings of the classic military philosophers to Afghanistan.