- Your library (8,887)
- Imported from GoodReads (8,887), read and to read (8,265), to-read (8,265), nonfiction (8,026), fiction (808), suomeksi (801), audiobook (441), racism (394), holocaust (378), success (311), childhood-favorites (306), happiness (251), did-not-like (177), did-not-finish (174), swimming (165), russia (128), primates (117), in-russian (102), русский (95), australia (85), to-read-again (74), physiotherapy (72), favorites (66), investing (51), english-language (46), resilience (44), minimalism (42), titanic (36), want-to-own (19), required-reading (17), elephants (14), five-star (13), japan (13), not-to-read (13), values (13), next (6), currently-reading (2)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- 501 Must-Read Books, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, Ask LibraryThing, Audiobooks, Bay Area Self-Improvement Enthusiasts, Bestsellers over the Years, Book Recommendations Requests, Booker Prize, Buddhism, Bug Collectors, Cats, books, life is good., Children's Fiction, Children's Literature, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Dictionaries & other reference books, Facebook Users, Fans of Russian authors, Finnish Librarythingers, Frequently Asked Questions, Hacking LibraryThing, Lesbian Bookworms, LibraryThing Gatherings and Meetups, Mystery and Suspense, Mystical & Spiritual, Non-Fiction Challenge / Journal, Non-Fiction Readers, Parapsychology, Philosophy and Theory, Psychology, Queery, Russian books and language, Science!, Short Stories, Teachers who LibraryThing, The Prizes, Travel and Exploration literature, Unclutter Things, World Music
- Jan 3, 2021
- Real Name
- Marianne Malkaniemi
- About My Library
- Favorite Books:
Nonfiction, history, classics, self help, personal development, leadership, productivity, spirituality, business, fiction, Holocaust, psychology, inspirational, health, faith, audiobook,
- About Me
- Love children. Have also worked as an early childhood education teacher. Now I study physiotherapy.
Audio books and so called self improvement take much of my time also. Napoleon Hill - Success through positive mental attitude is great.
Nature is important to me. The sea and water in general are also very important.
Sometimes I go to a rock concert or to a "rave".
Competitive swimming, Body Pump, Body Combat, Spinning and other group exercise classes and jogging are also close to my heart.
I also enjoy watching sports on tv. Swimming especially.
I value: Tact, helping, self-improvement, humility.
- Turku, Finland
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- David Allen, James Allen, Orvokki Annala, Neal Bascomb, Craig Beck, Enid Blyton, Claude M. Bristol, Charlotte Brontë, Jack Canfield, Evan Carmichael, Dale Carnegie, Steve Chandler, Tracy Chevalier, George S. Clason, Stephen R. Covey, Roald Dahl, Daniel Defoe, Charles Dickens, Alexandre Dumas, Anne Frank, Viktor Frankl, Jostein Gaarder, Nikolai Gogol, Barton Goldsmith, Kenneth Grahame, Napoleon Hill, Genevieve Huriet, Eva Ibbotson, Kaisa Ikola, Merja Jalo, Joseph L. Badaracco Jr., Daniel Kahneman, Elina Karjalainen, Carolyn Keene, Thomas Keneally, Yuriko Kimura, Eric Knight, Mauri Kunnas, Astrid Lindgren, Barbro Lindgren, Walter Lord, Ulf Löfgren, Max Lucado, RITVA LUOSTARINEN, Peter Z. Malkin, Sylvia Nasar, Mette Newth, Earl Nightingale, Ulf Nilsson, Judith Orloff, Joel Osteen, Victoria Osteen, Jukka Parkkinen, Norman Vincent Peale, Anni Polva, Beatrix Potter, Dian Curtis Regan, Nora Roberts, I. C. Robledo, J. K. Rowling, David Schwartz, Richard Smoley, W. Clement Stone, Aamos Suomela, Lars Svedberg, Kimmo Takanen, J. R. R. Tolkien, Ralph Waldo Trine, Maaretta Tukiainen, Mark Twain, Jenny Wagner, Lynn Williams, Vladimir Zhelvis, Tom Ziglar, Zig Ziglar
- Favorite Lists
- 100 books to read in a lifetime, 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, All Things Russia, Art of Reading, Australia's Greatest Books, as chosen by Geoffrey Dutton (1985), Australia, New Zealand and Oceania, Authors from Russia, Ben Franklin, Best Books About Animals, Best History Books about Disasters, Best Self Help Books, Best Survival Stories, Best Travel Narrative, Best Travel Writing - Non-Fiction, Books about Animals, Books on Spirituality, Books Set in Australia., Books That Made Me Cry, Buddhism, books there in, Carnegie Medal books I've read (shortlist and winners), A Child's Book Tour of Russia, Emotional Labor, Favorite Childhood Books, Favourite Books, Five star books, Further Russian Reading, Great Audiobooks, History can be Interesting (or Horrifying or Fun...), Holocaust, Holocaust Narratives, Investing and Business, Living Among Wild Animals, Most Popular Books Tagged Australia, Nobel Price Winners, Non-Fiction Worth Reading, Novels Featuring Actors and the Theater, Page Turners, Penguin Random House, Popular science books mentioned on WNYC Radiolab show, The Power of Habit Bibliography, Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Books, Really Good Narrative Non-Fiction, Recommend the 20 best books you've read in the last five years, Russian Literature, Self Help, Spiritual Growth/Philosophy/Self-Help, To Read - Non Fiction, W. S. Maugham's Reading Suggestions for Spiritual Enrichment: American, The Well-Educated Mind Reading Challenge, Which Books Made You Laugh Out Loud (Literally)
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: Akateeminen kirjakauppa - Turku, Antikvaarinen Kirjakauppa Kvariaatti, Antikvaarinen Kirjakauppa Ruben A. Vaskikari, Brahen Antikvariaatti, Ellibs, Kansallinen kirjakauppa, Kansallinen kirjakauppa, Kirjatori - Hansa, Omituiset opukset, Pieni kirjapuoti, Sammakon kirjakauppa, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa - Turku, Turun Kansallinen Kirjakauppa, Turun Kirjakahvila - Åbo Bokcafé, Turun yliopiston kirjakauppa
- Interesting Library
- AlfredNobelLibrary, AnthonyBurgess, Astrid_Lindgren, BenjaminFranklin, C.S._Lewis, ErnestHemingway, FyodorDostoevsky, GeorgeCMarshall, GeorgeOrwellLibrary, GovernorWallace, GustaveFlaubert, Harry_Houdini, HarryTruman, JamesJoyceLibrary, Jarko, KevinEldon, KiplingLibrary, marilynmonroelibrary, marktwainlib, MartinLutherKingJr, OscarWildesLibrary, RalphWaldoEmerson, TELawrence, TempWmFExperiment, ThomasJefferson, WilliamButlerYeats