- Your library (1,161)
- Lit (1,041), Read (226), Nobel (209), UK (200), France (140), Poetry (95), Germany (74), Essays (60), Dalkey Archive (59), NYRB (53), Drama (47), Ireland (45), Austria (44), Russia (41), Reference (41), Japan (34), Norway (33), Memoir (32), Italy (31), Criticism (25), Philosophy (24), History (24), Green Integer (21), Booker (21), Black Sparrow (18), Czechoslovakia (18), Advanced Reading Copy (12), Hesperus (11), Psychology (11), Travel (10), Cuba (10), Argentina (9), Sociology (9), Greece (9), Switzerland (8), Iceland (8), South Africa (7), Spain (7), Journalism (6), Book Collecting (6), Uk (6), LIt (6), Poland (6), China (6), Portugal (5), Science Fiction (5), Sweden (5), Australia (5), Biography (5), Fantasy (4), Scotland (4), Canada (4), Romania (4), Colombia (4), Holland (4), Bulgaria (4), Hungary (3), India (3), Mythology (3), New Zealand (3), Egypt (3), Chile (3), Nigeria (3), Denmark (3), Letters (3), Pushkin Press (3), Czech (2), Art (2), Turkey (2), Islam (2), Flaubert (2), Religion (2), Anthology (2), Bohemia (2), Picaresque (2), Archipelago (2), Grammar (2), German History (2), Belgium (2), James Joyce (2), Austria-Hungary (2), Mexico (2), Brazil (2), Homosexuality (2), Cradle of Civilization (1), Beckett (1), Screenplay (1), Rimbaud (1), Bosnia (1), Finland (1), Cinema (1), Guernsey (1), Ancient History (1), Folklore (1), Djuna Barnes (1), Joyce (1), Israel (1), poetry (1), Criminology (1), Russian History (1), Shakespeare (1), European History (1), Photography (1), French History (1), Judaica (1), Kafka (1), Music (1), Women's Studies (1), Nietzsche (1), Animals (1), Hermann Hesse (1), Hitler (1), Horror (1), Political Science (1), Iraq (1), Indonesia (1), Astronomy (1), HIstory (1), Drugs (1), Archaeology (1), Humor (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Dec 13, 2006
- Real Name
- About My Library
- My main interest is world literature so it forms the core/majority of my library. In the past few years I've become more and more interested in Psychology and History. I've also been trying to build a reference library.
The one literary prize that I have a real respect for and have tried to keep up with and tag is the Nobel. There are a few Booker prizes listed in my catalogue but it's mostly because the books themselves have stickers announcing said prize.
Publishers who I like and collect: Sun and Moon (Classics mostly but also the New American Poetry and New American Fiction), NYRB Classics, Dalkey Archive, Green Integer, and I have a subscription to the Library of America.
Authors who I like enough to try to be a completist: Hermann Hesse, Knut Hamsun, William Vollmann, John Cowper Powys, John Crowley.
- About Me
- Working on collecting all of the major fictional works of John Cowper Powys. Then I'll work on the non-fiction. If I have any money left over, I'll buy a copy of the 25th anniversary edition of Little, Big.
My userpic is me. It's from Halloween 2006. I showed up to the party without a costume as usual. The hostess was prepared this time: she immediately gave me zombie make-up. Later in the evening, I pretended to be a zombie eating a cat and my girlfriend took the picture.
Currently Reading: The Sound and the Fury
- Annapolis, Maryland
- Favorite Authors
- Jane Austen, Paul Auster, John Banville, Julian Barnes, Donald Barthelme, Samuel Beckett, Jorge Luis Borges, Paul Bowles, Charles Bukowski, Mikhail Bulgakov, Ivan Bunin, J. L. Carr, Anne Carson, Anton Chekhov, John Crowley, Maria Dermoût, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, John Fante, William Faulkner, Gustave Flaubert, Ford Madox Ford, Max Frisch, Robert Frost, André Gide, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Witold Gombrowicz, Knut Hamsun, Seamus Heaney, Hermann Hesse, Bohumil Hrabal, Yasunari Kawabata, Galway Kinnell, Milan Kundera, Malcolm Lowry, Cormac McCarthy, Yukio Mishima, Flann O'Brien, John Cowper Powys, Marcel Proust, Thomas Pynchon, Arthur Schnitzler, Olive Schreiner, Bruno Schulz, William Shakespeare, Wallace Stevens, Leo Tolstoy, Mark Twain, William T. Vollmann, Voltaire, Robert Walser, Walt Whitman