- All collections (1,011), Gender Identity & Expression (10), Reference (53), Sociology (82), Psychology (60), Political Science/Politics (39), Medical/Health/Fitness (50), Law (71), History (72), Gender Studies (46), Gay/Lesbian (54), Feminism/Feminist Theory (105), Fiction/Literature (235), Family/Relationships (196), Education (37), Cross-Cultural Studies (45), Business/Management (77), Biography (150), Abuse/Violence (28), Your library (734)
- Literature (128), Feminism/Feminist Theory (94), Sociology (75), Biography (73), Business/Management (66), History (64), Psychology (57), Gay/Lesbian (53), Medical/Health/Fitness (49), Fiction/Literature (47), Cross-Cultural Studies (45), Family/Relationships (38), Education (37), Reference (26), Politics/Political Science (24), Law (22), Gender Studies (17), Abuse/Violence (17), Gender Identity & Expression (12), abuse/violence (9), LGBT (9), Political Science (9), Autobiography (4), reference (4), Memoirs (3), Transgender Studies (2), Fiction/ Literature (2), Business/ Management (1), psychology (1), Prose (1), Children's Books (1), Allies (1), Coming-of-age (1), Fiction (1), Essays (1), Memoir (1), Anthology (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Jan 25, 2010
- About My Library
- All of the books we have here at the center are available for check out. If you need a book, just come on by the Women's Center. It takes only a minute or two to check out books.
- About Me
- This is the library site for the University of Alaska Fairbanks Women's Center. We are located in room 112 of the Eielson Building on the UAF campus. The UAF Women's Center provides resources and support as women empower themselves and one another in their pursuit of individual and collective goals. The Center strives to create an atmosphere in which all people are free to affirm and celebrate their differences, including but not limited to differences of gender, race, sexual orientation, class, age, and religion. In accordance with UAF's Mission Statement and Strategic Plan, the Women's Center educates the community about gender-related issues and thus strives to transform any discriminatory institutional structures and practices. The Center provides services to, and participates in the education of UAF students, faculty, staff, and women in the Fairbanks community. To fulfill this mission, the Women's Center provides space and programs to aid and enhance the growth of women throughout the university; advocates for the removal of barriers that inhibit the full participation of women in the community; promotes nonoppresive attitudes and behaviors in all individuals; and enriches the campus by providing an interdisciplinary forum for women's cultural, spiritual, aesthetic, intellectual and social lives.
- Fairbanks, AK
- Also On
- Local Favorites