- history (77), biography (65), current events (58), politics (48), fiction (47), Bible study (36), detective fiction (35), Christianity (34), sociology (30), Bible commentary (27), King James Bible (27), Christian life (25), Biblical scholarship (24), alternate history (19), socialism (18), Israel (17), Islam (16), political fiction (16), Trump (15), young adult (15), spy fiction (14), essays (14), political philosophy (13), persecution (13), Marxism (13), boxing (12), law (12), music (11), mystery fiction (11), humorous fiction (11), theology (10), science fiction (10), satire (10), words (10), war (10), devotional (9), The South (9), apologetics (9), Reagan (8), Judaism (8), Nixon (8), civil liberties (8), race relations (8), Roman Catholicism (8), Covid-19 (7), poetry (7), anti-Semitism (6), economic theory (6), baseball (6), atheism (6), crime (6), political theory (6), China (6), writing (5), language (5), humor (5), Clarence Larkin (5), children's (5), Naziism (5), Bible (5), Old West history (5), Jesus Christ (5), cults (5), Canada (5), liberalism (5), Bible versions (4), affliction (4), charismatics (4), Native American (4), Spurgeon (4), abortion (4), art (4), historical fiction (4), religion (4), television (4), Goldwater campaign (3), evolution (3), History (3), economics (3), ecology (3), psychology (3), political humor (3), Clinton (3), Old West (3), education (3), places (3), churches (3), depression (2), Christian fiction (2), Education (2), free speech (2), film studies (2), philosophy (2), Bibles (2), Kurds (2), aviation (2), COVID-19 (2), Socialism (1), Greek language (1), textual criticism (1), geology (1), Calvinism (1), creation (1), architecture (1), Black Dahlia (1), Jehovah's Witnesses (1), postmodernism (1), Mormonism (1), T. S. Eliot (1), news media (1), Satire (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- May 8, 2021
- Real Name
- William Melden
- About My Library
- So many books have been lost over so many years that I can't even begin to remember them. By looking at my current library, I am led to books that I've experienced in the past; I'll catalog them as faithfully as I can, but it'll take time! I've always leaned more toward nonfiction than fiction, and my enthusiasms can be discerned from the books I'm listing.
- About Me
- Jack of many trades, master of few . . . Although my "day jobs" have ranged from being a schoolteacher to being a low-level federal bureaucrat, I've been writing for publication since I was twelve years old. Now, in my (ahem) "late middle age," I've embarked upon a series of young adult novels — the first fiction I've ever written for publication.
I've lived everywhere from California to Florida, but am currently relaxing in North Carolina, the birthplace of many of my ancestors.
I'm a father, a grandfather, and an unapologetic Bible-believing Christian. Some people say I have a sense of humor. We'll see about that. Nice to meet you!
- North Carolina
- Currently Reading
- Favorite Authors
- Sherman Alexie, Corrie Ten Boom, William F. Buckley, Jr., John William Burgon, Erskine Caldwell, John le Carré, Alan M. Dershowitz, Joan Didion, Arthur Conan Doyle, Allen Drury, Dr. William P. Grady, T. S. Eliot, Milton Friedman, Margaret George, Samuel C. Gipp, David Horowitz, James W. Knox, Erik Larson, David McCullough, Yukio Mishima, Vladimir Nabokov, Joyce Carol Oates, Rand Paul, Wilbur N. Pickering, Peter S. Ruckman, Max Shulman, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Christina Hoff Sommers, Robert Spencer, C. H. Spurgeon, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Aimée Thurlo, R. Emmett Tyrrell, Laurence M. Vance, Tom Wolfe, Richard Wurmbrand