- All collections (18,127), Your library (16,510), Recordings--Classical (606), Recordings--Jazz (964), Recordings--Rock (8), DVD (6), Wishlist (12), Read but unowned (1), Withdrawn (28)
- jazz (162), historiography (155), Bible (154), math (153), food-drnk (125), baseball (110), law (107), lter (103), film (94), ert-lv-sx (78), fit-hlth-ntrn (77), gmr-lgc-rtk (72), language (67), physics (58), usma (55), grdn-lawn (47), jfk (44), astronomy (35), cosmology (34), jargon (32), reading (24), chess (20), mnt-rpr (17), systems (7), crime (7)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Nov 2, 2005
- Real Name
- Charles Alan Ralston
- About My Library
- eclectic and chaotic. have sorted and arranged several cartons of books following my July 2006 house fire. LT has provided me the opportunity to inventory my books which I've been gathering since my youth AND to 'web 2.0' with other readers and foragers for knowledge.
Fall 2008 -- focus now is on bib record cleanup and covers. thinking about adding LPs and CDs, but current LT entry form is for books and does not accommodate audiovisual bibl. requirements.
Nov 08 -- scanner kaput, but replacement works well. lots of paperback Clancy, Cornwell, Baldacci, Johansen, Thor, and other page turners. And I found a 'lost' carton of books about classical music and musicians.
Jan 09 -- re-working LT entries for art books, scanning bookjackets and covers.
Dec 09 -- de temps en temps, adding titles and correcting entries, and catching up on overdue LT Early Reviews.
Nov 10 -- now a LibraryThing 'lifetime' member for five years and have begun to process long-stored books in the garage. One carton of World War I books opened and entered into LT and only 47 to go.
Dec 10 -- Garage carton #4, miscellaneous art books and #5 Ballantine's Illustrated History of World War II, later renamed, Ballantine's History of the Violent Century. 128 titles. Lacking 27 titles from this series. Carton #6, Nazi Germany history and the Holocaust.
Dec 11 -- into my 7th year with LT, now working with my LT collection from Virginia (since August) away from my library at home in Georgia, adding a few titles found browsing nearby thrift stores.
Dec 12 -- still in Virginia but will return to my home in Georgia come July. Retirement will afford more time to work with my library and to read.
2013 Feb 14 added 33 titles, G-Bx-WW2-Pacific
2013 Feb 16 added 26 titles, G-Bx-CW-3/6 (CivWar-3of6 ctns)
2013 Summer-Fall: Adding my LPs (classical and jazz mainly) to LT. Bach-Beethoven-Brahms-Bruckner-Buxtehude in LT.
2014 Dec -- finished LTing my classical, vinyl LPs -- some 600-plus 'titles'.
2015 Jun -- continuing to add my jazz vinyl LPs just completed my Miles Davis LPs, some 60 in all. Next large set will be those of pianist Bill Evans.
2016 May -- ah, now adding my Bill Evans sound recordings, LPs and Cds
2017 April -- found a carton of books on the Vietnam War
2018 January -- spending most of my bibliographic time at DISCOGS adding my vinyl LPs to its database, and THEN I'll link those records to my LT lists of recordings, jazz and classical.
= = =
= = =
Create your own visitor map!
= = = =
- About Me
- Retired. A reader and museum and book store browser who steals time from daily chores to visit with old friends as it were and dwell in the life of the mind and imagination.
- metro Atlanta, GA
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Hannah Arendt, Walter Benjamin, Wendell Berry, Harold Bloom, Fernand Braudel, John le Carré, Anne Carson, Tom Clancy, Joseph Conrad, Frederick Copleston, Edward Dahlberg, Guy Davenport, Charles Dickens, Janet Evanovich, Michel Foucault, Northrop Frye, Peter Gay, Stephen Jay Gould, Lewis Grizzard, David Halberstam, Johan Huizinga, Nikos Kazantzakis, Hugh Kenner, Russell Kirk, Gene Lees, Elmore Leonard, Norman Mailer, André Malraux, Thomas Mann, Ralph Eugene Meatyard, Thomas Merton, James A. Michener, Henry Miller, Joyce Carol Oates, Henry Petroski, Mary Renault, Clinton Rossiter, William Shakespeare, Anita Shreve, Susan Sontag, George Steiner, Amy Tan, Paul Valéry, Max Weber, Jonathan Williams, Garry Wills, C. Vann Woodward, Paul Zweig
- Interesting Library
- alibrarian, AndreasP, antimuzak, bibliophiles, bookstopshere, devenish, docjohnb, ellenandjim, ErnestHemingway, EzraPoundsLibrary, frogman2, Ganeshaka, Gefen, GeorgeSPatton, JamesJoyceLibrary, JohnAdams, kauders, languagehat, LolaWalser, lycanthropist, Marquis_de_Sade, MarthaJeanne, michralston, mrileyp, paideuma, Patentnonsense, Pianojazz, Proclus, Randy_Hierodule, rarelibrarian, ryab, SamuelJohnsonLibrary, SandiMarie, southernbooklady, susanbooks, ThomasJefferson, TomVeal, topsail-bill