- Your library (64)
- military fiction and war fiction (33), friendship fiction (32), prisoner fiction (30), genfic (16), spirituality themes (16), historical fiction (16), historical fantasy (16), original gen (16), mentor fiction (15), original slash (14), slash (14), class/rank themes (13), books that are also online writings (13), heterosexual love stories (12), race/ethnicity themes (10), science fiction (10), my books (9), slave fiction (7), fantasy (7), gay erotic love stories (6), memoirs (6), gay love stories (6), leather/bdsm fiction (6), nonfiction (4), gay erotica (4), gay fiction (4), contemporary fiction (4), mental illness themes (4), authorship (3), family relationship themes (3), arthurian (3), spy fiction (3), gender themes (3), prostitute fiction (2), leather nonfiction (2), servant fiction (2), young adult fiction (2), biographies (2), mysteries and thrillers (2), lesbian love stories (1), love stories (1), science fiction studies (1), web accessibility (1), archive.org e-texts (1), google books e-texts (1), lesbian erotic love stories (1), friendship nonfiction (1), leather/bdsm nonfiction (1), heterosexual erotic love stories (1), science fantasy (1), prison studies (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Alternative Fiction, Alternative Sexuality, AltPublishing, Ancient History, Arthurian Legends, Editors, Researchers, Whatever, Elizabethan England, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, Erotica, FantasyFans, From Avalon to Tir Na Nog, Gay Speculative Fiction, genderqueer, GLBT History, Historical Fiction, History: On learning from and writing history, It's Not Porn, Lest We Forget, Livejournalers, Medieval Europe, Medieval Warfare, Military Fiction, Military History, Monks, Monasteries and Monasticism, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, Positively Not Potter, Primary Source Geeks, Queer and Trans Lit, Science Fiction Fans, SlashThing, Slashy Fantasy, Slashy Novels, Social history, Spies & Spy Fiction, Steampunks, The Scepter'd Isle, medieval history of England, 500 to 1500 AD, Time Travel, Alternate Histories and Parallel Worlds, Victoriana, World War One History, world war one literature, Yaoi
- Sep 29, 2008
- Real Name
- Dusk Peterson
- About My Library
- Parental guidance is recommended for minors browsing this library, as some of the books I own have mature content.
My favorite novels tend to fall into the same genres I write in: fantasy, historical fantasy, historical fiction, science fiction, military fiction, spy fiction, friendship fiction, and various forms of male/male fiction: gay fiction (including romance fiction, leather fiction, and erotic fiction), original gen and original slash fiction (yes, I occasionally read fan fiction too), and yaoi fiction.
As far as nonfiction is concerned, I most often read Victorian and Edwardian memoirs (that's research material for me) and writings on simplicity (monasticism, etc.).
My recommendations site for books and online writings.
If you'd like to make contact, feel free to e-mail me or to visit my InsaneJournal blog or LiveJournal blog. (Please don't use LibraryThing's comment system to send me a private message; I won't see your message for months if you do.)
- About Me
- I write fantasy, historical fantasy, science fiction, and contemporary fiction. Suspense plays an important role in many of the tales; the conflict in those tales is both external and internal. My stories are often placed in dark settings, such as prisons or wartime locations. The mood of the stories, however, is not one of unrelieved gloominess: friendship, heterosexual love, gay love, and faithful service are recurring themes.
My LibraryThing author page. Plus, my published e-books, as catalogued at LibraryThing. Or you can visit my Website.
- Greenbelt, Maryland
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: Library of Congress
- Interesting Library