- All collections (10,131), read but not reviewed (232), untagged (3,709), Space (future) (1,404), Dystopian / future earth (302), Steam Punk / sail & flint (198), alternate (other) (92), Medieval (swords and magic) (1,464), Urban / Paranormal (1,436), Historical (realistic) (1,430), Your library (10,035), Wishlist (21), Currently reading (39), To read (2,234), Read but unowned (127), Favorites (2)
- WIP (3,731), historical (620), contemporary (566), christian (345), baen (214), skipped (202), monsters (76), urban (69), supernatural (63), SC (53), fantasy (33), medieval (29), Humble (18), war (15), Digital (9), digital (8), dystopian (7), Kindle (7), Google Play (5), omnibus (5), scifi (4), Fiction (4), SciFi (4), steam (3), Fantasy (3), future (3), superpowers (3), futuristic (3), galactic (3), humble (2), PB (2), con (2), victorian (2), present (2), writing (2), childrens (2), military (2), I was enjoying the developing plot up until the captain betrays everything that is right and functionally throws away any possability of redemption - guaranteeing the death of most of the main characters - even if the author tries to save it at this point (1), the save will be ENTIRELY unbelievable - such evil actions demand consequences that will destroy the enjoy-ability of the story (1), not my type of thing (1), Urban (1), technically flimsy (1), DJ (1), but dramatically engaging - I have almost set it aside a dozen times (1), but expect it likely I will finish this title - probably wont read more by author (1), fatasy (1), thriller (1), book 2 (1), europe (1), librarybook (1), mystery (1), fiction (1), magic (1), comic (1), spy (1), space (1), YA (1), expensive (1), HD (1), aliens (1), napoleonic (1), England (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Jan 21, 2012
- About My Library
- all reviews are for my own benefit so I can pick out books to read in future (do I want to read more by this author?), reread the better titles, and maybe even to acquire a few recommendations
- About Me
- I read fiction to make new friends of the characters without being jarred out of the story by irregularities.
To this end I have a strong primary preference for character development(growth).
Secondly for a strong personal integrity base for the characters (a character I can feel for because they are not only consistent in their decisions but who also seeks at least in some way to do right by others).
And thirdly for very well structured world building. Having all the laws and principles of our known world directly applied, with some specific core variation that sets the title as SciFi (further scientific development) or Fantasy (usually magic). However the variation must remain as consistent as possible with our environment as observable while also logically modifying the environment due to the variation. (the fastest way to get this wrong is to break the cause-effect sequence).
- Currently Reading
- Favorite Authors
- Ilona Andrews, Anne Bishop, Patricia Briggs, Lois McMaster Bujold, Jim Butcher, Christian Cameron, Miles Cameron, Tom Clancy, Harry Connolly, Alison Croggon, Evan Currie, Jasper Fforde, Diana Pharaoh Francis, Joe Haldeman, Kevin Hearne, M. C. A. Hogarth, Faith Hunter, Marko Kloos, Mercedes Lackey, Michael G. Manning, Anne McCaffrey, Seanan McGuire, Robin McKinley, Richelle Mead, Elizabeth Moon, Andre Norton, Naomi Novik, Melissa F. Olson, John Scalzi, James H. Schmitz, Glynn Stewart, David Weber, Patricia C. Wrede
- Favorite Lists