- All collections (1,723), Your library (1,682), Currently reading (1), Ultimate Favorites (57), Loved (507), DNF (42)
- murder (595), England (334), library (287), cozy mystery (246), chick lit (237), historical fiction (212), mystery (151), historical mystery (140), small town (126), romance (107), London (82), Kindle (76), poison (57), Netgalley (56), France (54), marriage (53), love (51), 19th century (49), United States (45), society (44), magic (44), death (43), 19th Century (42), New York City (40), 20th century (38), treason (34), own (34), books (34), Edelweiss (34), New York (32), cat mystery (31), blackmail (30), relationships (29), Cat Who Mystery (29), ghosts (28), Charlotte and Thomas Pitt mystery (28), WWI (27), spies (27), war (27), Virginia (27), Jane Austen (26), conspiracy (24), woman detective (22), espionage (22), 20th Century (21), historical (21), religion (21), serial killer (20), Mrs. Murphy (19), Paris (18), pregnancy (18), William Monk mystery (18), Pickax (17), paranormal (17), Victorian era (17), Scotland (16), Sherlock Holmes (16), families (16), writing (15), suicide (15), Tudors (15), theater (15), female sleuth (15), kidnapping (15), art (15), Molly Murphy mystery (14), trial (14), nursing (14), betrayal (14), politics (14), Queen Elizabeth (13), Frank Malloy (13), witches (13), intrigue (13), San Francisco (13), 1920's (13), Sarah Brandt (13), arson (13), young adult (12), World War I (12), thriller (12), weddings (12), Australia (12), Charles and Kate Sheridan Mystery (12), fantasy (12), Napoleon (12), medicine (12), Russia (12), cooking (12), Queen Elizabeth I (12), secrets (11), children (11), mistress (11), Maine (11), Ireland (11), WWII (11), 16th century (11), vampires (11), King Henry VIII (11), friends (11), crime (11), Mary Russell (11), Phryne Fisher mystery (11), Victorian (11), family (11), robbery (11), Germany (10), North Carolina (10), India (10), woman sleuth (10), fiction (10), Victorian Era (9), victorian era (9), royalty (9), New Hampshire (9), Italy (9), baking (9), Elizabethan England (9), Booktown Mystery (9), American Revolution (9), scandal (9), Own (8), fraud (8), Jews (8), Amish (8), Ursula Blanchard Mystery (8), supernatural (8), French Revolution (8), Great Escapes Book Tours (8), sisters (8), rape (8), Christmas (8), Civil War (8), prostitution (8), affairs (8), slavery (8), World War II (7), publisher (7), assassination (7), village (7), humor (7), servants (7), victorian (7), Ohio (7), Mr. Monk (7), Library (7), hotel (7), Hollywood (7), 18th century (7), babies (7), police (7), War of the Roses (7), suspense (7), authors (7), horses (7), Henry VIII (7), theft (7), adultery (7), school (7), twins (7), island (7), museum (6), music (6), Egypt (6), Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mystery (6), engagements (6), Books by the Bay Mystery (6), Queen Victoria (6), acting (6), Elizabeth I (6), Texas (6), OCD (6), Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours (6), shopping (6), nuns (6), Gaslight Mystery (6), debutantes (6), California (6), Catherine de Medici (6), Europe (6), fire (6), Parliament (6), Royal Spyness Mystery (6), construction (6), bookstores (6), Greek (6), occult (6), southern (6), amateur sleuth (6), Vermont (6), author (5), cozy (5), Boston (5), beaches (5), 16th Century (5), court (5), Lady Emily Ashton (5), 17th Century (5), culinary mystery (5), Parasol Protectorate (5), Santathing 2011 (5), Cackleberry Club mystery (5), gypsies (5), dogs (5), Young Adult (5), libraries (5), real estate (5), business (5), undertaking (5), Connecticut (5), Georgia (5), DNF (5), revolution (5), anarchy (5), Bess Crawford mystery (5), cats (5), diary (5), ghost (5), winter (5), Richard III (5), gangs (5), shoes (5), Galveston (5), Holocaust (5), royals (5), Scotland Yard (5), pies (5), wedding (5), history (5), gardening (5), mysteries (5), plague (5), werewolves (5), boarding school (5), reading (5), Haunted Home Renovation mystery (4), regency era (4), Edwardian era (4), Prohibition (4), Lady Darby Mystery (4), Charmed Pie Shoppe mystery (4), Charles Lenox Mystery (4), Africa (4), Charles Lenox mystery (4), Charles du Luc mystery (4), Manor House mystery (4), Mistress of the Art of Death series (4), Amish mystery (4), Hattie Davish mystery (4), seances (4), gambling (4), photography (4), food (4), prostitutes (4), pirates (4), private investigator (4), arsenic (4), private eye (4), 1860's (4), opium (4), military (4), amnesia (4), Victorian England (4), Rome (4), Oxford (4), rebellion (4), LA (4), soldiers (4), 1900's (4), immigrants (4), fashion (4), 1930's (4), gangsters (4), plots (4), Washington DC (4), women's rights (4), Rhode Island (4), Jesuits (4), Cambridge (4), Tennessee (4), Halloween (4), movies (4), detective (4), Michigan (4), courtesan (4), mistresses (4), news reporting (4), nonfiction (4), communism (4), midwife (4), college (4), teenagers (4), New England (3), medieval mystery (3), Edwardian Murder Mystery (3), science (3), Venice (3), retirement home (3), Surgeon (3), Christian (3)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- 1001 Books to read before you die, 18th-19th Century Britain, 20-Something LibraryThingers, 75 Books Challenge for 2012, 75 Books Challenge for 2013, 75 Books Challenge for 2014, 75 Books Challenge for 2015, Agatha Christie, Anglophiles, ARC Junkies, Awful Lit., Baker Street and Beyond, Bibliomysteries, Blog the Book, Book reviewers, Books off the Shelf Challenge, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Cozy Mysteries, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Ebook, Elizabethan England, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, Freebies, Book Giveaways, and Contests, Historical Fiction, Historical Mysteries, Hobnob with Authors, Hogwarts Express, I Love Jane Austen, Kindley Book Club, Librarything Series, Literary Snobs, London in Fiction, LTers with dogs, Medieval Europe, Monthly Author Reads, Name that Book, Nook eBook Exchange, North Carolina LT Group, Prolific Plaidy, ReadaThing, Readers Under 30, Reviews of Early Reviewers Books, Series junkies, Someone explain it to me..., The Brontës, The Green Dragon, Victoriana, What Are You Reading Now?, What the Dickens...?, Women of Mystery
- Jun 3, 2009
- About My Library
- I love to read historical fiction. That is my first love. I typically pick historical fiction books that are written by female authors. I am not against reading ones written by male authors. I just think that women can relate to women and pay attention to details better. I am open-minded when it comes to books and love suggestions for books that I might enjoy. I really enjoy historical mysteries. In fact I love the Jane Austen series (Stephanie Barron), Lady Emily Ashton (Tasha Alexander), Gaslight Mysteries (Victoria Thompson), Charlotte & Thomas Pitt and Monk (Anne Perry) just to name a few. I am sure there are more favorites, but my mind is drawing a blank at the moment.
The best series I have ever read was Harry Potter. I enjoyed the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. However, did not really compare to Harry Potter series to me. I enjoyed it, but nowhere close to as much as the Harry Potter series. I have read the Twilight series and have to say, "blah". It just didn't do it for me. But I did make it through the series. However not impressed. So Harry Potter is my first favorite series and then would come the Chronicles of Narnia. I loved those too, but they don't top Harry Potter. I am currently waiting for the next series to come out that will captivate me like Harry Potter did. I have yet to find anything similar that I have enjoyed as much. After the Chronicles of Narnia series, I have to say I love the series by Lauren Willig about Napoleon spies. It would be considered a romance actually, but I love love her and her series. I always make sure that I get her books the day that they come out. Another series that I have immensely enjoyed was the series by Tasha Alexander featuring Lady Emily Ashton. I have to say Tasha Alexander and Lauren Willig are some of the authors that I must have their books on the day that they come out.
I love Historical Fiction that is set in England. I used to like anything Tudor related, but at this point I am a little sick of them. I have read every single book by Phillippa Gregory and not every single book by Jean Plaidy, but pretty close. I am actually currently trying to veer myself away from the Tudor era and focus on some earlier English history (i.e. 1300's-late 1800's). If the historical novels have electricity in them, more than likely it is way too current for me. I also want to explore French history. I have read some novels about Josephine Bonaparte and Marie Antionette and the French Revolution. I love love the French Revolution and need to stop focusing on Tudor England and on Revolution era France. I just haven't heard much about books about this time period, and need some suggestions. I also have been doing a little exploring into Russian history. I would very much welcome some historical fiction suggestions in either French or Russian history or pretty much any history. I love history and I am open to trying out new things.
I am pretty much open to anything other than Sci-fi, True Crime, Fantasy, Occult, and ABSOLUTELY no Vampires, Werewolves. I do like witches so those are ok. No Lord of The Rings-like stuff. So if you have any suggestions or can think of something that might pique my interest feel free to comment or do whatever it is you do on here.
- Currently Reading
- Favorite Authors
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: Belmont Abbey College Bookstores, Books-A-Million #403, Park Road Books, The Book Rack
Libraries: Belmont Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Bessemer City Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library - Main Library, Cherryville Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Dallas Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Ferguson Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Gaston County Public Library, Lowell Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Mount Holly Branch, Gaston County Public Library, Stanley Branch, Gaston County Public Library, , Union Road Branch, Gaston County Public Library
- Interesting Library