- fiction (4,269), TBR (3,494), series (2,649), romance (1,220), reading (820), female author (183), erotic romance (141), historical romance (129), nora roberts (104), anthology (89), adult book (88), author first name j (87), read (84), science fiction (82), non-fiction (78), star wars (78), rated at amazon (73), 2008 (72), 2006 (71), north america (64), vampires (61), jayne ann krentz (58), mary balogh (58), young adult book (58), 2004 (58), contemporary romance (54), paranormal elements (53), catherine coulter (50), regency era (48), jude deveraux (47), author last name d (46), fantasy (46), johanna lindsey (45), elizabeth lowell (43), author last name h (43), penny jordan (42), writing (41), anne stuart (40), mercedes lackey (40), terry pratchett (39), linda howard (39), unspecified decade (37), kay hooper (36), stephen king (34), elizabeth peters (34), discworld series (34), suzanne brockmann (34), georgette heyer (34), information age era (33), mystery (33), suspense (32), meg cabot (32), author first name c (31), unspecified century (31), christina dodd (31), horror (31), shapeshifters (31), janet evanovich (30), susan mallery (30), jo beverley (30), charlaine harris (29), christine feehan (29), barbara michaels (29), stephanie laurens (28), maggie shayne (28), author last name l (28), montgomery series (27), egypt (27), eve dallas series (26), j.d. robb (26), amanda quick (26), ebook (26), valdemar series (26), england (26), laurell k. hamilton (25), julie garwood (25), title s (24), sandra hill (24), 2004/08 (24), robin cook (24), maryjanice davidson (24), david eddings (24), lisa kleypas (23), terry brooks (23), robert adams (23), stephanie james (23), author first name m (22), karen robards (21), tamora pierce (21), mary jo putney (20), unspecified era (20), lora leigh (20), anne rice (20), lori foster (20), jude watson (20), multi-author series (20), kinsey milhoune series (20), ficction (20), sue grafton (20), susan sizemore (19), tim lahaye (19), james patterson (19), tanya huff (19), prophetic fiction (19), p.n. elrod (18), horseclans series (18), teresa medeiros (18), sherrilyn kenyon (18), 2006/05 (18), jaid black (18), jerry b. jenkins (18), julia quinn (18), title d (18), 21st century (17), cathy maxwell (17), cheyenne mccray (17), author first name l (17), title h (17), susan elizabeth phillips (17), lynsay sands (17), werewolves (17), sharon shinn (17), telepathy (17), victoria alexander (17), contemporary fiction (17), holly lisle (17), chick lit (17), amelia peabody series (17), mary stewart (17), 2007 (16), timothy zahn (16), jayne castle (16), stephanie plum series (16), 2008/09 (16), time travel (16), author first name d (16), patricia cornwell (16), anita blake series (16), michelle m. pillow (16), sabrina jeffries (16), katie macalister (16), shiloh walker (16), carpathians series (16), cynster series (15), judith mcnaught (15), jo goodman (15), justine davis (15), lynn kurland (15), keri arthur (15), michael crichton (15), family secrets series (15), kay scarpetta series (15), michael a. stackpole (15), kathleen e. woodiwiss (15), character named amanda (14), jennifer crusie (14), barbara hambly (14), julie kenner (14), julia london (14), sisters series (14), dangerous series (14), brenda joyce (14), author last name r (14), janelle taylor (14), 20th century (14), suzanne enoch (14), emma holly (14), twilight series (14), unfortunate events series (13), title a (13), new jedi order series (13), cheryl holt (13), liz carlyle (13), extrasensory perception (13), samantha james (13), victoria holt (13), debbie macomber (13), shannara series (13), princess series (13), 18th century (13), shannon drake (13), lemony snicket (13), title b (13), sookie stackhouse series (13), 2008/06 (13), lucy monroe (13), ellora's cavemen series (13), elizabeth thornton (13), susan andersen (13), r.a. salvatore (12), title t (12), celeste bradley (12), 2008/05 (12), left behind series (12), nicole jordan (12), margaret maron (12), madeline hunter (12), dana stabenow (12), taggerts (12), karen ranney (12), medieval series (12), connie brockway (12), bride series (12), 2004/09 (12), tie-in (12), amanda ashley (12), robert jordan (12), wheel of time series (12), rogues series (12), miranda lee (11), karen hawkins (11), 2000s (11), author last name t (11), desert rogues series (11), witches (11), laura kinsale (11), eloisa james (11), jim butcher (11), vampire files series (11), p.c. cast (11), 2008/04 (11), louisiana (11), sword of truth series (11), vamps series (11), jedi apprentice series (11), terry goodkind (11), futuristic romance (11), 19th century (11), lori handeland (11), dorothy dunnett (11), effington series (11), alex cross series (11), southern (11), deborah simmons (11), frank herbert (11), 2006/04 (11), cherry adair (11), catherine anderson (10), diane duane (10), faye kellerman (10), kinley macgregor (10), sylvia day (10), hannah howell (10), kevin j. anderson (10), title l (10), anne bishop (10), dara joy (10), andrea kane (10), jory strong (10), title f (10), autographed copy (10), karen marie moning (10), vampire chronicles series (10), romantic suspense (10), jedi quest series (10), gena showalter (10), robin mckinley (10), jane austen (10), macgregor series (10), jennifer roberson (10), john grisham (10), gaelen foley (10), dark-hunter series (10), angela knight (9), diane mott davidson (9), patricia c. wrede (9), 2006/07 (9), undead wolves series (9), title p (9), title m (9), brennan series (9), patricia briggs (9), magic series (9), dune series (9), goldy bear series (9), henry VIII (9), scotland (9), robin d. owens (9), special crimes series (9), rachel gibson (9), jaci burton (9), mandy m. roth (9), anya bast (9), connie mason (9), susan grant (9), malory series (9), christopher pike (9), ecstasy series (9), loretta chase (9), a.e. maxwell (9), to review (9), kathy reichs (9), knight series (9), carla kelly (9), sandra marton (9), the tudors (9), carly phillips (9), elizabeth boyle (8), c.s. lewis (8), dean koontz (8)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- (Dis)ability Politics, 100 Books in 2009 Challenge, 101 Reasons to Stop Writing, 18th-19th Century Britain, 50 Book Challenge, 75 Books Challenge for 2008, 75 Books Challenge for 2009, Alexander the Great, Almack's, AltPublishing, Amateur Historians, Ancient and Medieval Manuscripts, Ancient Egypt, Ancient History, Animal Lovers, Animals of the ASPCA, Archaeologists, Archaeology, Art & Books, Arthurian Legends, Ask LibraryThing, Audio Books Lovers, Audiobooks, Author Alphabet Challenge, BBC Radio 3 Listeners, Best Anthologies, Blog the Book, Bloggers, Book Addicts!, Book Collectors, Book Fiend, Book Liberation Project, Book Lovers Who Love Fountain Pens, Book reviewers, Book Sales, Bookends, Bookmarks, Books Compared, Books in Books, Books on Books, Books on the Paranormal, British & Irish Children's Fiction, Broke!, Bug Collectors, Build the Open Shelves Classification, Byzantinistik, Can you recommend....., Can You Recommend?, Can't Get Enough of YA, Cemeteries & Gravestones, Chick Lit, Children of the Night, Children's Book Writers, Children's Fiction, Choose Your Own Adventure-ers, Cinebooks, Classical Music, Comics, Coptic, Covers, CueCat questions and help, Deep South, Desert Island Books, Dog Blessed, Dog Tales for Dog Lovers, Early Reviewers, Ebook, Egyptian Fiction Galore, Elizabethan England, English History - Tudor through Edwardian, Erotica, Etiquette and Manners, Fairy Tale Readers, Fairy Tales Retold, FanFiction Fans, FantasyFans, Found in a Book, Free Software, From Avalon to Tir Na Nog, Geeks who love the Classics, Genealogy@LT, Getting Published, Girl's Night Out!, Girls Fiction, Girlybooks, Go Review That Book!, Gothic Romance, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Heraldry, Historical Fiction, Historical Mysteries, History of the Book, History Readers: Clio's (Pleasure?) Palace, History: On learning from and writing history, Hogwarts Express, Homer, the Trojan war, and pre-classical Greece, How has LibraryThing affected your reading?, I Love Jane Austen, Immortally Drawn to the Vampire, IRATE, Irish & Celtic Studies, It's a LondonThing, It's Not Porn, Knights Galore, Knights Templar, Last FM, Late Roman, Laurell K. Hamilton Fans, Library History, LibraryThing Challenges, LibraryThing Helpers, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, List Five Books Parlour Game, Literary Cuisine, Made into a Book, Made into a Movie, Marauders Love, Medieval Europe, Medieval manuscripts, Metalsmithing and Jewelry, Museum!, Music to read by, MyPeopleConnection Book Clubs, Name that Book, National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo), Non-Fiction Readers, Norse, Norse sagas, One Hit Wonders, Open Source / Volunteer for LibraryThing, Order of the Phoenix, Orisha Worship & IFA, Orphans, Outlander: Gabaldon's series about Jamie and Claire, PalmThing for LibraryThing, Penguin Classics, Positively Not Potter, Read YA Lit, Readers Against Struggling Through Books We Hate, Readers Under 30, Readers Who Write, Reading Globally, Reading Great Books, Reading Resolutions, Reading Tips, Reprint Please!, Richard III, Roleplayers, Romance - from historical to contemporary, RoyalReaders, Scholastic Books, Science Fiction Fans, Second Life, Sex Between the Covers, SF, horror and Fantasy Romance, Short Stories, Single Booklovers, Singleton Showcase (Books!), SlashThing, Smallville, Someone explain it to me..., Stalking Tim & Company, Star Wars Books, Star Wars Chicks, Story-writing Co-Op, Taggers!, TAROT LOVERS, Texans Who LibraryThing, Texas History, The Globe: Shakespeare, his Contemporaries, and Context, The Green Dragon, The Prizes, The Scepter'd Isle, medieval history of England, 500 to 1500 AD, Time Travel, Time Travel, Alternate Histories and Parallel Worlds, Trading Post, Tragic Hero, TV Tie Ins, two inches of ivory, Unread Support Group, Upcoming Books, Urban Fantasy, Used Books, Vampire Fiction, Vampires: Children of the Night, Victoriana, Vintage children's and young adult books, Web applications, What Are You Reading Now?, What do you recommend?, What was that title?, Where LibraryThing leads..., Wish List, Wishlist of Authors, Writer's Brag and Rag Bag, Writer-readers, writersonlt, Written in Stone - The Literary Cemetery, Yard Sales and Remaindered
- May 8, 2007
- Real Name
- Amanda Carrell
- About My Library
- Work In Progress. Most are in boxes stuffed in every corner of my house. Quite a lot are in storage (I'm still going through those and entering them as I can). Obviously I buy (or get as gifts) way more books than I can read. This year I'm doing my best to work through some of my amazingly long TBR list (but I keep rereading some of my favorite books instead!).
Books tagged "reading" are at the front of my TBR list. The number usually hovers around 500. Okay, maybe 800 would be more accurate. ;)
Books tagged "contemporary" are set anytime after World War II, books tagged "historical" predate World War II.
Covers used aren't necessarily the ones from my editions. I usually pick my favorite cover from all editions. I especially love (and miss!) the older, sexier covers on romance novels.
No ratings listed. I rate books at Amazon to improve my recs there.
I love to read (and collect!) books with characters named "Amanda" or "Mandy", so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Laurell K. Hamilton - The Lunatic Cafe
Update: 12/13/08 - I just got out of the hospital after a three week stint. I'm at home recovering, and catching up on my reading!
Favorite TV: The Addams Family, Army Wives, Becker, The Big Bang Theory, Bones, Burn Notice, Dexter, Dirty Jobs, Father Ted, Feasting On Asphalt, Flash Gordon, Good Eats, Journeyman, Kyle XY, Law & Order: CI, Law & Order: SVU, Lois & Clark: TNAOS, Moonlight, The Nanny, Psych, Robin Hood, Saving Grace, Smallville, Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural, The Tudors, Two & A Half Men, The X-Files, Xena: Warrior Princess
Favorite Movies: 10 Things I Hate About You, About A Boy, Anne Of The Thousand Days, Bend It Like Beckham, Bride & Prejudice, Bridget Jones 1 & 2, Casanova, Demolition Man, Ella Enchanted, Emma (the Gwyneth version), Ever After, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, The Fifth Element, Fools Rush In, Gone With The Wind, Independence Day, The Island, Just Like Heaven, Just My Luck, King Arthur, The King & I, Kiss Me Kate, Kull The Conqueror, The Lake House, The Man In The Iron Mask, Mary Queen Of Scots, Mrs. Winterbourne, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, My Fair Lady, Practical Magic, Pride & Prejudice '95 & '05, The Prince & Me, The Princess Diaries, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, Sense & Sensibility (1995), Scarlett, She's The Man, Star Wars Saga, Step Up, Superman Returns, The Truth About Cats & Dogs, Vanity Fair, A Walk In The Clouds
- About Me
- Huntington, Texas
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Victoria Alexander, Jane Austen, Lynn Bartlett, Dan Brown, Meg Cabot, Joanna Campbell, Candace Camp, Orson Scott Card, Michael Crichton, MaryJanice Davidson, Sylvia Day, Jude Deveraux, Janet Evanovich, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, Marie Harte, Cheryl Holt, Robert Jordan, Dara Joy, Jayne Ann Krentz, Celia Kyle, Johanna Lindsey, Mickee Madden, Stephenie Meyer, Margaret Mitchell, Joan Van Nuys, Constance O'Banyon, Nora Roberts, J. K. Rowling, Veronica Sattler, William Shakespeare, Janelle Taylor, Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: Read Books
Libraries: Kurth Memorial Library
- Interesting Library
- ablachly, Akiyama, allthesedarnbooks, AmaliaZeKhat, AmandaClay, amandaellis, ancestorsearch, AsYouKnow_Bob, avaland, avalonrises, aznstarlette, bedfordlibrary, bibliomaniacslibrary, bookel, bookstopshere, Brendelicious, bronwyn52, CarolinaCatherine, caseydurfee, CassieLuvsBooks, centerpoint, Christy.Riege, cjlib, cnrenner, conceptDawg, CrazyDaisyLou, Darrol, dearheart, demandy, DesperateWriter, devenish, DJS316180, dkthain, dvdbokbulimiker, elbakerone, elisa.rolle, eljabo, elphaba44, EmScape, Enyonam, felius, Fog-struck, fyrefly98, gemmation, gracer, ildanochbooks, ingxangxosi, ioana2007, Irisheyz77, JBookLover, JeanLittleLibrary, jeggleston, jenifair, jjmachshev, JulesJones, Julia1605, Kat32, kcasada, keepers, kendralou, Kimbooktu, kmartin802, ladymacbeth1, LauraParkerCastoro, lindseynichols, lisa211, littlebear514, littlebookworm, LoriTori, lu12, lucymaude, manda622, mandy, MandyBaby, mandyl, ManyBooks, MaraBlaise, marnocat, marthawells, memasmb, Mendoza, MerryMary, michelle_pillow, misdei, MissWoodhouse, MomOf4Greys, Morphidae, mrstreme, nightshade889, pagerd, PandorasRequiem, Patentnonsense, PirateJenny, Quaisior, readafew, readerbynight, readingrebecca, readslikeamaniac, SandySchwab, sarahmillerbooks, sciezka, sharlene_w, shearrob, siubhank, SlySionnach, sonyagreen, sophies_silverrose, sowens33, TexasBookworm, The_Book_Queen, TheLaughingCat, timspalding, TinazReading, VeraMarie, verymandy, virginiahomeschooler, wafflehouse, witchkitten, wyvernfriend, Zanzando