- Your library (7,171)
- mystery (2,919), literature (1,197), classics (298), SciFi (260), suspense (239), spies (192), WWII (180), horror (176), boats (140), memoirs (127), supernatural (124), adventure (124), historical naval (115), Africa (83), history (76), cookbook (71), home design (71), Quakers (68), fantasy (68), home decor (63), travel (59), British Empire (56), historical military (52), reference (52), simple life (52), religion (48), biography (44), travel guide (44), noir (36), comics (33), vampires (31), economics (30), books (29), vintage fashion (28), WW I (28), essays (28), science (24), birds (24), politics (21), time travel (20), nature (19), Pacific Northwest (16), psychology (16), Montana (15), Western (15), poetry (14), submarines (11), humor (11), music (10), dark academia (9), forgiveness (8), arthurian (8), Foreign Service (7), sports (7), Vietnam War (6), romance (6), Alternate History (6), play (5), Knitting (5), computers (5), satire (5), photography (4), movies (3), atlas (3), steampunk (3), Work (3), quotes (3), criticism (3), interwar (2), Ancient Greece (2), language (2), southern (2), art mystery (2), historical (1), Horror (1), myth (1), academia (1), Fantasy (1), culinary (1), childrens (1), Bronze Age (1), twins (1), literture (1), montana (1), apocalyptic (1), family drama (1), feel-good (1), farce (1), Asia (1), generations (1), accounting (1), cyberpunk (1), christmas (1), maine (1), Mississippi (1), Delphi (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Quotes and sources, All Books Africa, Anglophiles, Ask LibraryThing, Birds, Birding & Books, Boats and Sailing, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Can you recommend....., Christianity, Combiners!, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Economics, Edward Gorey, Emerging Church, Faith and Reason, Felony & Mayhem Press, For the Love of Wilde!, Gothic Romance, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Historic Peace Churches, Historical Fiction, Humor, Inklings, Ironic, King's Dear Constant Readers, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, LTers with dogs, Name that Book, Pacific Northwest, Progressive & Liberal!, Progressive Christianity, Quakerly readers, Readers for Peace, Reading Globally, Reprint Please!, Simple Minded, Spies & Spy Fiction, Steampunk, Story-writing Co-Op, Tattered but still lovely, Tea!, The Black Orchid (A Nero Wolfe Group), The Colbert Nation, The Haunted Soda: A Yarn in 3 Parts by the Literati of LT, Thing(amabrarian)s That Go Bump in the Night, Travel and Exploration literature, Trollope lovers unite or fight, Underappreciated Books and Authors, Vampires: Children of the Night, Vintage children's and young adult books
- Jun 28, 2006
- About My Library
- Heavy on mysteries, I especially like older mysteries from the 1920-50s and also modern mysteries set in those times. I also have lots of classics and modern literature, with special fondness for WWII fiction, naval adventure, books set in the British Empire. My non-fiction is more eclectic-history biography, travel, cooking, birds, leftish politics, theology. My ratings skew high because to try to keep my collection manageable, I give away books unless I can't bear to.
Create your own visitor map!
- About Me
- I am a retired Foreign Service Officer, an economist, a Quaker living in an old farmhouse in Washington state. I have lived in Guyana, East Germany, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan, India, Ukraine, Nigeria and Tajikistan. Besides books I collect and wear vintage clothing especially 1940s suits and I like alt country/Americana music. I have a Basset Hound named Henrietta, or Hetty for short and a Great Dane named Cora. I have recently acquired a kitten named Oscar.
- Favorite Authors
- Charlotte Armstrong, James P. Blaylock, John le Carré, Sarah Caudwell, Agatha Christie, Douglas Clark, Robertson Davies, E.M. Delafield, Dorothy Dunnett, Stanley Ellin, Melanie Falick, J. G. Farrell, Alan Furst, Robert Goddard, Jane Haddam, Reginald Hill, Susan Howatch, Shirley Jackson, Stephen King, Emma Lathen, John D. MacDonald, Ross Macdonald, Michael Malone, Tim Powers, Phil Rickman, Matt Ruff, Dorothy L. Sayers, Mary Stewart, Rex Stout, Mike Tidwell, Anthony Trollope, Connie Willis