This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.

Search rebekahbrita's books

Members with rebekahbrita's books

RSS feeds

Recently-added books

rebekahbrita's reviews

Reviews of rebekahbrita's books, not including rebekahbrita's

 

Member: rebekahbrita

CollectionsYour library (13)

ReviewsNone

TagsNone

MediaBook (13), Paper Book (12)

About meI'm Rebekah Baglini and I read a lot. It all started with my parents, who read to me every night from the day I was born until the night when I was five when dad wouldn't read me a second story and I said, 'ok, you go to bed, I'll read one myself.' I did, and I haven't really stopped since. Until I was 16, I was unschooled (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unschooling), which meant I could read and study whatever I wanted all day. (I also worked at my public library as a phenomenally inefficient shelver. I always got distracted reading the dust jackets.) Then I went to college. After four years subordinate to college syllabi, my intellectual life is my own again and it feels exhilarating.

About my libraryI almost invariably choose to read a book from the library before buying a new copy, so a lot of the books I've read and loved aren't represented in my own collection. When I stumble upon a book I've loved in a secondhand bookstore, I'll buy it. This is probably how I amassed 80% of my books. The other 20% I collected while at college college, and are mostly new-ish editions.

My non-fiction is organized vaguely along the lines of the Dewey Decimal system (thanks to that early experience as a shelver in the junior non-fiction department). My best individual subject/genre collections are: Breton language and culture; Latin and Ancient Greek language, literature, and poetry; unschooling/alternative education; political philosophy; continental philosophy, esp. phenomenology; general linguistics; English etymology and word formation; Old English language and poetry; evolution/history of English.

GroupsNone

Real nameRebekah Baglini

LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Favorite authorsNot set

Account typepublic, lifetime

URLs /profile/rebekahbrita (profile)
/catalog/rebekahbrita (library)

Member sinceAug 12, 2007

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,615,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible