- Amazon Vine Review Copy (8), strange fiction (2), graphic novel (2), Vertigo (1), investigative journalism (1), blogging (1), vigilante (1), young adult (1), book compilation (1), Philip K. Dick Memorial Award (1), historical personalities (1), constrained writing (1), heaven and hell (1), film adaptation (1), crime (1), Early Reviewer (1), Doctors and Medicine (1), Nebula Award Nominee (1), children's (1), slipstream (1), dystopia (1), horror (1), autographed (1), historical fiction (1), postmodern (1), comic books (1), omnibus (1), political fiction (1), classic (1), psychology (1), social/political commentary (1), stream of consciousness (1), compilation (1), contemporary fiction (1), metafiction (1), science fiction (1), autobiography (1)
- Tag Cloud, Author Cloud, Tag Mirror
- Jun 3, 2006
- Real Name
- S. Michael Wilson
- About My Library
- Any book reviews found on my LibraryThing shelf can also be found at:
- About Me
- My latest book, Performed by Lugosi, is currently available at Amazon.com, or at a bookstore near you!
Live too far away to attend a local book signing? Autographed copies of Performed by Lugosi can now be ordered online at The Author's Den for no additional charge.
Born in Rochester, New York, and raised in New Jersey, where the weak are killed and eaten, S. Michael Wilson is 36 years old and shows no signs of throwing in the towel just yet.
S. Michael Wilson has held a number of jobs throughout his life. Starting out as a stock boy at the now-defunct Woolworth's, he went on to manage a comic book store, sort mail at the United States Postal Service, run the projection booths at various movie theaters throughout New Jersey, test underground fuel tanks, act as production assistant at two Miss America Pageants and the 1994 Presidential Gala at Ford's Theater, and fill the role of Backroom Team Lead at Target. Currently, he is a senior associate at The Light House, a film & television sound stage and lighting rental house based out of Central New Jersey, where he has worked for the past 14 years.
During all of the these jobs throughout the years, he wrote.
In the early 90's, he published an underground humor zine, The Mongoloid Moose, which gained a small but loyal fanbase through its thirty-six issue run.
Since then, he has worked in various writing formats; short stories, screenplays, book and movie reviews, and blogging.
Most recently, he was approached by Idea Men Publications (IMP). Having dealt mainly with true-crime, IMP was looking to branch out into other forms of popular entertainment, and asked him to collaborate on some books with horror and science fiction films as the major theme. The first product of this collaboration, Monster Rally, which S. Michael Wilson both edited and contributed to, has a release date scheduled for late October. Other IMP projects, including an examination of Bela Lugosi films adapted from classic literature, are due out in the near future.
On top of his work with IMP, S. Michael Wilson has several projects in the works. Among these are a book dedicated to bad movies, and a collection of articles from his humor zine, The Mongoloid Moose. Negotiations are also in the works regarding the production of a screenplay co-written with Charles Rowe.
S. Michael Wilson almost never talks in third-person.
- Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- Also On
- Favorite Authors
- Douglas Adams, Woody Allen, Donald Antrim, Steve Aylett, Brian Azzarello, Kyril Bonfiglioli, Joe Bob Briggs, Bob Burden, Adam Cadre, Caleb Carr, Raymond Chandler, Robert Cormier, Mark Z. Danielewski, Peter David, Philip K. Dick, Evan Dorkin, Tim Dorsey, Ben Edlund, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, Bill Fitzhugh, Phil Foglio, Al Franken, Keith Giffen, Jim Goad, William Goldman, Rob Grant, Dashiell Hammett, Carl Hiaasen, Christopher Hitchens, Matt Howarth, David Icke, David Jacobs, Jack Ketchum, Dean Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Jonathan Lethem, Dave Louapre, H. P. Lovecraft, Ed McBain, Rex Miller, Peter Milligan, Spike Milligan, Kyle Mills, Christopher Moore, Grant Morrison, James Morrow, Warren Murphy, Doug Naylor, Grant Naylor, Michael J. Nelson, Ben Ohmart, The Onion, George Orwell, Chuck Palahniuk, Pat O'Donnell and David Henry Jacobs, S. J. Perelman, Daniel Pinkwater, Dan Piraro, Terry Pratchett, Spider Robinson, Thomas Rockwell, Geoff Ryman, Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy, John Skipp, Gerry Spence, Mark Alan Stamaty, Doug Stanhope, Jon Stewart, Kenyata Sullivan, Hunter S. Thompson, Jim Thompson, Andrew Vachss, Kurt Vonnegut, F. Paul Wilson, Robert A. Wilson, Robert Anton Wilson, S. Michael Wilson
- Local Favorites
Bookstores: PERMANENTLY CLOSED - Clinton Bookshop
- AndrewsMcMeel, arongahagan, aurelie, battlinjack, beechpilot, bluetyson, bradley_sands, BrianKeene, BrigidsBlest, Chris_Genoa, cliometrician, cmtusa, Dana_Scott, Dannelke, DarylERobidoux, DerekSwannson, dvdbokbulimiker, edlynskey, EdwardEinhorn, ellevee, hookedonbooks1, jamesmurdoch321, Jayne49, JeremyCShipp, jmgold, joefleener, Joles, KentonSem, kjharrison, m.a.harding, MayorWhitebelly, RobertHamburger, sally22, SandyLee, scribe77, SpinningGrave, sweetFrank, theoldman, yams69
- Interesting Library