Another Silly Game Part 179
This is a continuation of the topic Another Silly Game Part 178.
Join LibraryThing to post.
last play: //cry//
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
Suggested Rules of the Game:
1. Please play on the most recent correct post.
2 Please verify that no one else has posted while you were preparing your post.
3. The title of the book cited must have one word, at least, which is the same as a word in the previous title.
4. The repeated word in the new title must be other than an article ("a," "an," or "the").
5. The repeated word must be spelled exactly as the word was spelled in the previous title, e.g., "prune" is not the same word as "prunes," and "loyal" is not the same word as "loyalty."
6. The repeated word must be in the title as shown in a LT library listing, or on the title page of the book. A sub-title or a series name can be included if the sub-title or series name is included in the title of a LT library listing, or is printed on the title page of the book.
7. A hyphenated word is one word, not two, e.g., "thunder-clouds," and if used must be repeated in full, not in part only.
8. No repeats on current thread.
9. If you have read the book it would be informative that you so indicate and tell when you read it, if you can.
10. Try to use Touchstones. Put brackets around the title and double brackets around the author. If Touchstones don't work, try using an HTML link.
3959. Strange Fruit Billie Holiday, Cafe Society, and an Early Cry for Civil Rights, by David Margolick (read 1 Dec 2004)
The Storyteller's Daughter: One Woman's Return To Her Lost Homeland - Saira Shah
// daughter //
The Dreamthief's Daughter: A Tale of the Albino by Michael Moorcock
4473. The Last Princess The Devoted Life of Queen Victoria's Youngest Daughter, by Matthew Dennison (read 16 Aug 2008)
// queen //
The Queen who Saved her People Book of Esther for
Children by Carol Greene
365. For Whom the Bell Tolls, by Ernest Hemingway (read 24 Aug 1949)
"For whom the Cloche Tolls; A Scrap Book of
the Twenties" by Angus Wilson
George, Nicholas and Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I by Miranda Carter. Read in July, 2014
4512. 1960 LBJ vs. JFK vs. Nixon The Epic Campaign That Forged Three Presidencies, by David Pietrusza (read 25 Nov 2008)
Talking to My Daughter About the Economy: A Brief History of Capitalism by Yanis Varoufakis Read last November.
4059. Dear Senator A Memoir by the Daughter of Strom Thurmond, by Essie Mae Washington-Williams and William Stadiem (read 14 Aug 2005)
// other //
The Narrow Road to the Deep North and Other Travel Sketches by Matsuo Basho, Nobuyuki Yuasa (translator)
4817. The Warmth of Other Suns The Epic Story of America's Great Migration, byIsabel Wilkerson (read 19 Apr 2011) (National Book Critics Circle Nonfiction award in 2011)
4852. Secret Lives of the Supreme Court What Your Teachers Never Told You About America's Legendary Justices, by Robert Schnakenberg (read 20 Aug 2011)
5067. The Brothers John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and Their Secret World War. by Stephen Kinzer (read 24 Sep 2013)
A World Lit Only by Fire: The Medieval Mind and the Renaissance: Portrait of an Age by William Manchester. Read in October, 2013
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.