Round 72 - Starting Sunday December 1st, 2019
Join LibraryThing to post.
This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.
The Australian Virtual Bookbox - Round 72
• Everyone who wants to participate volunteers two books. These need to be books you believe others would like to read, not rubbish you want to get rid of.
• List of books that are available at VBBOZ Books and books owed at In Transit.
• If you would like to join, just let us know and you will be added to the next round.
• You have 48 hours to respond and have your turn. If it appears that you may not have been sent a PM about your turn you will be given an additional 12 hours. If we still haven’t heard from you, you will be bumped to the end. If you are bumped you will be given 48 hours at the end of the round to take your turn along with others on the bumped list. If you find yourself on the bumped list you may post a request to be added to the end of the main list and take your turn as usual.
• Once a book of yours is removed from the box, please send it as soon as possible. TBR books are fine as long as you can read and send within a few months.
• If a book stays on the available list for more than two rounds it will be moved to the books to be replaced collection. Please keep track of these and replace them during your turn.
• Mid-series or end-of-series books are allowed in the VBB, but please limit yourself to offering only one such book at any time, unless you know the books are on another participant's wishlist.
• I will update books in the VBBOZ Library.
To join in you will need to have been a BookCrossing member for at least three months, and to have "wild released" at least ten books. This condition may be waived at my discretion.
On your turn:
1. Select the books that you want to take out of the box and list them in your post. (please keep all posts in the relevant thread)
2. Replace with the same number of books (or more) and link to the BookCrossing journal pages for each book(s).
3. Check the “Books to be replaced” collection and replace if needed.
4. If you want to skip your turn, you have the option to be placed at the bottom of the list for another try this round.
5. PM the owners of your selected books to notify them of your selection and address.
6. Please PM the next person to let them know they're up. You don't need to PM the next person if you are last on the main list. People on the bumped list will be PMed by vbboz.
The order of play is:
Passing this round:
*** You have books to be replaced
- It's your turn now
I'll add his initial books to the collection shortly.
amberC is up first and I've told her she may take her turn early if she wishes.
My Best Friends Girl, Death of a Dreamer and House of Dark Delights
I would like to choose
A Sunless Sea
and I will replace them with:
Book Love by Debbie Tung
Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
The Pearlers Wife by Roxane Dhand
I will PM crimson-tide and aussieangel2
I am skipping my turn at picking (obviously!) this round.
I am removing everything I have in the box currently from all rounds - 14 books in total. I have the following to offer:
1. Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin – on Billbooks’s wishlist
2. Nation by Terry Pratchett – on Billbooks’s wishlist
3. Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel – on crimson-tide’s wishlist
4. The Scar by China Mieville – on crimson-tide’s wishlist
5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth – on book-a-neer’s wishlist
6. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke – on book-a-neer’s wishlist
Then I have a number of Anne Perry titles for the rest, as I had heard a few people are after Anne Perry's but they might not be on their wishlists:
7. Southampton Row
8. A Funeral in Blue
9. Treason at Lisson Grove
10. The Shifting Tide
11. Death of a Stranger
12. Slaves of Obsession
13. Long Spoon Lane
14. Buckingham Palace Gardens
I also offer two other Anne Perry's as Donations - Dorchester Terrace and Seven Dials.
We don't leave until January so I will have time to post anything picked this round.
Cheers - it's still aussieangel2's turn!
If anyone is interested in any of the above books, I'd encourage you to choose them this round, so jennymidget can send them out before she leaves early next year. And if anyone had their eye on a particular book of hers that she just removed, then please say so and we'll sort something out and "re-replace" it.
I'll also contact amberC so she can have a second run at her turn, given the circumstances. Hope no-one objects to that.
Treason at Lisson Grove
Buckingham Palace Gardens
I will replace them with:
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Girl Reading by Katie Ward
Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey
It is still aussieangels2's turn
Sorry to see you go Jennymidget!!
I have 2 books to replace (The Ressurectionist and Olive Kitteridge), and in their place I offer:
The Plot Against America https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5696605
I will also take The Scar, and replace with
THe Bonfire of the Vanities https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4875431/
I will PM jennymidget and crimson-tide now
Lies Sleeping from amberC
Bring Up the Bodies from jennymidget
Will replace with:
Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence by Nick Bantock - https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14579529
Rough Music by Patrick Gale - https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15770457
I shall contact amberC, jennymidget and book-a-neer.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
and replace them with
The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
The Last King of Scotland by Giles Foden
I will contact jennymidget and jeniwren.
Welcome back! 👍
I will take Griffin and Sabine by Nick Bantock ( crimson-tide) and Book Love by Debbie Tung (amberC)
and put in
Too Much Lip by Melissa Lukashenko https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15580965 and A Special Providence by Richard Yates https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/7123570
I will PM the next one up
Slow River by Nicola Griffith (crimson-tide)
Girl Reading by Katie Ward (amberC)
Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin (jennymidget).
Closed for Winter by Jorn Lier Horst https://bookcrossing.com/journal/12048568
The Book Shop by Penelope Fitzgerald https://bookcrossing.com/journal/15700127
The Dragons of Ordinary Farm by Tad Williams & Deborah Beale https://bookcrossing.com/journal/15698280
I had trouble restricting myself to 3 books when I had no intention of taking any this first round back in the fold. Sigh! Plus ca change plus c'est le meme chose.
I have PMed aussieangel2 to let her know it is her turn again.
The round will be closed off in 48 hours
The next round will be in February.
I'll replace with:
Don't Tell Mum I work on the Rigs.... - Paul Carter
I'm not selecting anything this round.
Every Which Way but dead - move to Extras
Blood Law - Move to Extras
Other People's Diaries - Kathy Webb
That's More of It Now: The second book of Irish Mammies - Colm O'Regan
Remove from Round 71:
From Dead to Worse
The Blood Doctor
The Preacher - Camila Lackberg
Bodyimage Warrior - Chelsea Bonner
Remove from Extras
The Ice Man
Daughter of the Forest
Join to post