A few thoughts

TalkPalmThing for LibraryThing

Join LibraryThing to post.

A few thoughts

This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.

Edited: Apr 18, 2010, 1:21pm


I just installed a new ubuntu 9.10 machine and added palmthing to sync my Zire 71. After a bit of weirdness which I think was caused by the cradle connector being a piece of c*** it works like a charm.

I can automate fetching the export tab and creating the .pdb file, but "ø" displays as "Ã," so I seem to get unicode displayed as the corresponding Latin-1 characters. This is a minor point, since I just need to see my books.
I experimented a bit after I got the export to work:
ltimport.sh -record-encoding ISO-8859-1 -read lt.utf16 -sort 5 -dump PalmThing-Books.pdb
seems to fix it.

Thanks for creating PalmThing. It is a really useful little application.