Fall for the Book
September 21, 2009 – September 26, 2009
Web site: http://www.fallforthebook.org/
Description: From their website:
What began as a two-day literary event in 1999, organized by George Mason University and the City of Fairfax, has expanded into a week-long, multiple-venue, regional festival that brings together people of all ages and interests, thanks to growing community interest and generous supporting partners.
Each year, the festival:
- Connects readers and authors at all levels, offering book lovers the chance to meet and greet their favorite writers and hear behind-the-scenes stories of writing and publishing
- Makes literature fun by showcasing literary events in an active, engaging atmosphere that includes skits, dance, storytelling and more, and by introducing young people to living authors whose work they're reading in the classroom
- Advances children's education by hosting specially tailored writing workshops or readings for students at the elementary, middle and high school levels and by publishing an annual anthology of student writing in partnership with the Northern Virginia Writing Project and Dominion.
- Builds community by connecting with senior centers, book clubs, special interest community groups, libraries, bookstores and many others
- Encourages cultural diversity by combining common points of cultural reference with forums for discussion of our shared stories
- Gives sponsors a chance to support regional programs, and attracts the broadest possible cross-section of families and individuals throughout the area
Fall for the Book, an IRS-recognized non-profit corporation, is governed by a board of directors that meets throughout the year.
Added by: LSS312. Contacted: Not contacted. Venue ID: 16697
No Local Book Search
Not integrated with LibraryThing's Local Book Search. (find out more)
The venues and events in LibraryThing can also be found in the handy iPhone Application Readar.» Get Readar