HelpThing was written by members like you, with some help from LibraryThing staff.
View a list of all of the HelpThing topics.
The first rule of HelpThing is "be bold!" If you can add or edit it, go ahead. We also have a HelpThing Style Guide.
Published Reviews are short snippets of book reviews from non-LibraryThing sources (e.g. New York Times Book Reviews, London Review of Books). Published Reviews are part of the Common Knowledge system, and any member can add, remove, or edit published reviews on the work pages.
- Published Reviews are for reviews published in established publishing outlets. Do not add links or excerpts to reviews on personal blogs, customer reviews on Amazon, personal reviews on GoodReads, book descriptions, etc.
- Note that LibraryThing does not allow reviews from pay-for-review services, either in "member reviews" or in "published reviews."
- Published Reviews are not for member reviews or personal reviews. For more information on how to add your own review of a work, see Reviews.
- For copyright reasons, Published Reviews must contain only a short excerpt from the review. Do not copy and paste an entire review.
- Published Reviews are not for promoting books. Per the Terms of Service, LibraryThing does not permit advertising or promotion.
thingScore is the aggregate score for a work based on the opinions (thumbs up, thumbs down, etc.) of the collected reviews.
General meaning of thingScores
- 61-100 is considered good and gets a green box.
- 40-60 is considered mixed and gets a default box.
- 0-39 is considered bad and gets a red box.
- Feature announcement
- Published Reviews (July 8, 2009)
- Discussions & feature requests