Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander) by…

Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander) (original 1991; edition 1993)

by Diana Gabaldon (Author)

Member:lightshimmer
Title:Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander)
Authors:Diana Gabaldon (Author)
Info:Dell (1993), Edition: Reprint, 976 pages

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (1991)

Recently added byksueh, ANonnyMouse, private library, rena75, RainbowCenter, OlaDistrictLibrary, ecmross

English (227)  German (4)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (233)
I couldn´t stop reading it. another fantastic part of this love and adventure story.
Ms. Gabaldon is a very serious researcher of history, and we can find that in the book.
Probably she´s the time traveler, another dr. who. ( )
  elicarra | Mar 7, 2019 |
“Blood of my Blood," he whispered, "and bone of my bone. You carry me within ye, Claire, and ye canna leave me now, no matter what happens, You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I wilna let ye go.”

Okay, when I read the book Outlander, I remember enjoying the story, but being annoyed because Jamie was so "I'm the guy so you'd better bow down and scrape the mud off my boots," which was authentic, but still annoying, because Claire just sat down and took it. This book? No such problem.

“You're mine, damn ye, Claire Fraser! Mine, and I wilna share ye, with a man or a memory, or anything whatever, so long as both shall live.”

Jamie has grown so much since the last book, and I loved him. In fact, I spent half the time I was reading the book giggling over things Jamie had said or done. I also think I told my best friend (who got me into Outlander,) "Jamie is such a child" about a million times.

och, easy, Sassenach, If ye can stand up, you're not drunk." He let go of the mantelpiece, took a step toward me, and crumpled slowly onto the hearth, eyes blank, and a wide, sweet smile on his dreaming face.”

Last book I took away a star because of Jamie, this book, I gave it five stars because of Jamie. Dang boy is way too adorable. Jamie has become one of my favorite fictional characters, and I cannot wait to start reading Voyager when I get home.

“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."
His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.
"Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
It seemed very familiar to me and I don't care to read books over and over. It wasn't as good as the first book of the series.
It is action pact and somewhat exhausting, and better towards the end.
The writing didn't seem as smooth to me as the Outlander was. The errors bothered me. ( )
  VhartPowers | Dec 27, 2018 |
I've been re-reading this one for awhile. It starts out with a bang but the middle section gets a little convoluted and a little dull...I pushed through and the end is sort of abrupt. Overall though the characters grow a lot in this book and you get to see how not perfect Claire and Jaime's relationship is. You get to see how very human these two people are thrust in the middle of a problem that is so much bigger than them. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Dec 1, 2018 |
Wow... That was quite the ending and I think if I didn't realize there was a huge series left still I woulda been more shocked.

Overall enjoyable but I still always find myself wondering why so long with these books? It's engaging but also tiring in some ways to absorb it all.

rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |

Sallamo-Lavi, AnuirmeliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schumacher, SonjaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuß, RitaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Steckhan, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Er verdwijnen altijd wel ergens mensen. De meeste vermisten worden uiteindelijk teruggevonden, dood of levend. Voor verdwijningen bestaan nu eenmaal verklaringen. Meestal.
For my husband,
Doug Watkins-
in thanks for the Raw Material
I woke three times in the dark predawn.

With her now-classic novel Outlander, Diana Gabaldon introduced two unforgettable characters — Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser—delighting readers with a story of adventure and love that spanned two centuries. Now Gabaldon returns to that extraordinary time and place in this vivid, powerful follow-up to Outlander....

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:45 -0400)

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland's majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his. Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire's spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves.… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,174,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible