Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail…

Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate) (edition 2011)

by Gail Carriger

Member:evareads
Title:Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate)
Authors:Gail Carriger
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:fantasy, chick-lit

Heartless by Gail Carriger

English (111)  French (1)  German (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (114)
Should anyone wonder if there’s something that can ever stop Alexia Tarabotti Maccon, the answer is in this book: nothing. Not even the advanced stages of pregnancy. Despite the increased girth and some limitations imposed by the “infant inconvenience” on her mobility, Alexia manages to waddle her way through a series of events with the same spirit and the same boldness we’ve come to know and love. There’s indeed a sentence that represents that attitude in a nutshell: she waddles fiercely – and others must move, hastily, out of her way.

FULL REVIEW: HEARTLESS
  SpaceandSorcery | Dec 25, 2018 |
I am really loving this series and I’m sad that I only have one book left! I’ll be checking out Carriger’s related books as well and perhaps even a Manga? ( )
  ChelleBearss | Jul 9, 2018 |
2.5 stars

I had a hard time getting into this and, unfortunately, there wasn't too much I liked about it. The storyline did absolutely nothing for me and I wasn't as amused by Alexia's antics this time. I really like when Alexia and Connall have a lot of face time together, but they were apart most of the story. I didn't like Madame Lefoux's part in the story and I didn't care for the way the book ended. It's very doubtful that I will be reading the next book, which is disappointing as I liked the previous books in this series. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Oh yeah! This book is the best since the first, Soulless. Now I just wanna gobble up the fifth and final one.

This is in no way an intellectual read, which is fine. Though sometimes it's like, you get the feeling... that you are supposed to feel educated and elite when you read this, and that is just weird and jarring. But I think maybe that's just how I feel sometimes when I read/watch something that has a romanticized view of the past populated almost exclusively by rich people. Don't mind me apparently I got issues ha ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
What can I say about this series? LOVE IT. I will grant that the plot is a bit dodgy this time around; I remember something about a ghost and a death threat against the queen, but I'm willing to forgive it since the characters and world building are so superb. I'm a little sad to be on the last book, but impressed that I'm actually finishing a series. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gray, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ricci, DonnaCover modelsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Notation to the Records, Subject P-464-AT, Alexia Tarabotti
Archivist: Mr. Phinkerlington, junior clerk, aethographic transmission specialist, second class
Subject P-464-AT is with child, sire unknown.

Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.

Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?

-Back cover

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,913,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible