The Frankies Spuntino Kitchen Companion & Cooking Manual

by Frank Falcinelli, Frank Castronovo (Author), Peter Meehan (Author)

95None232,553 (4.17)None
"Everything I made from the book . . . was surprisingly easy and just as delicious as what I've eaten at the restaurants." --New York Times Book Review From Brooklyn's sizzling restaurant scene, the hottest cookbook of the season... From urban singles to families with kids, local residents to the Hollywood set, everyone flocks to Frankies Spuntino--a tin-ceilinged, brick-walled restaurant in Brooklyn's Carroll Gardens--for food that is "completely satisfying" (wrote Frank Bruni in The New York Times). The two Franks, both veterans of gourmet kitchens, created a menu filled with new classics: Italian American comfort food re-imagined with great ingredients and greenmarket sides. This witty cookbook, with its gilded edges and embossed cover, may look old-fashioned, but the recipes are just we want to eat now. The entire Frankies menu is adapted here for the home cook--from small bites including Cremini Mushroom and Truffle Oil Crostini, to such salads as Escarole with Sliced Onion & Walnuts, to hearty main dishes including homemade Cavatelli with Hot Sausage & Browned Butter. With shortcuts and insider tricks gleaned from years in gourmet kitchens, easy tutorials on making fresh pasta or tying braciola, and an amusing discourse on Brooklyn-style Sunday "sauce" (ragu), The Frankies Spuntino Kitchen Companion & Kitchen Manual will seduce both experienced home cooks and a younger audience that is newer to the kitchen.… (more)

No reviews
Everything I made from the book, from a salad of celery root, fennel, parsley and red onion to sweet-potato ravioli in cheese broth; from meatballs with raisins and pine nuts to wine-stewed prunes with mascarpone, was surprisingly easy and just as delicious as what I’ve eaten at the restaurants. I also took to their preference for using white pepper and pecorino Romano. And who doesn’t love a book that, while exploring the intricacies of pasta-making, also tells you just to use wonton wrappers for the ravioli?

Falcinelli, FrankAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Castronovo, FrankAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Meehan, PeterAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,163,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible