A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing…

A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing #1) (edition 2006)

by Lauraine Snelling (Author)

After two long years, hardworking dairy farmer Andrew Bjorklund is thrilled to see his fiancée Ellie Wold again. But when materials to build their new home are delayed, Andrew grudgingly postpones the wedding. While Ellie works at the post office, Andrew finishes their new barn. Soon a tragedy threatens their future and forces them to fully rely upon God.… (more)
Member:GSLC-NWA
Title:A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing #1)
Authors:Lauraine Snelling (Author)
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2006), Edition: Reprinted, 314 pages

A Promise for Ellie by Lauraine Snelling

This book . . . wow! This picks up right after the Red River of the North Series, continuing Ellie Wold and Andrew Bjorkland's stories. I love the characters of Andrew and Ellie, so I loved this book. A lot of plot twists you didn't see coming. Heart-wrenching and heart-warming all at the same time. Not something I would read over and over again, because of some serious themes, but definitely a must read! ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |
As their plans unraval, it looks as if their love may not survive. Is this the end of their dream?

Daughters of Blessing Book I
  Indiancreek | Jan 4, 2018 |
This book feels longer than it really is. I'm sorry to say so, but it does. I've heard of Lauraine Snelling and learned that her books are clean and Christian-based. That part pleased me, but her writing style bores me to tears. Ellie and Andrew are two of the most boring couples I've heard read about in my life. There is no chemistry! The supporting characters in the story are fine, but nothing great. In some places, I found myself hurrying/skimming just to be finally finished.

I don't think I'll be reading another Lauraine Snelling book anytime soon. ( )
  caslater83 | Aug 4, 2016 |
I read this via Book on CD from Recorded Books Inspirational. Overall I enjoyed the story. It was really long though, and not quite enjoyable for the entire time. It starts with an accident that is never explained, and there are a couple other related events that I guess stuck out to me more, but they never had answers and that sort of thing bothers me. The main themes of the book are about growing up, and dealing with anger appropriately. Oh my goodness, the anger that these character personalities felt. I cannot tell you how angry I would get with them sometimes! It was a good book, and I could completely hear the sounds and felt myself there with those homesteading Norwegians, but I just did not love it. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,313,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible