The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5) by…

The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5) (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Jeff Kinney (Author)

4,9191391,669 (4.05)27
While trying to find a new best friend after feuding with Rowley, middle-school slacker Greg Heffley is warned by older family members that adolescence is a time to act more responsibly and to think seriously about his future.
Member:HowardsPersonal
Title:The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5)
Authors:Jeff Kinney (Author)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2010), Edition: Illustrated, 224 pages

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney (2010)

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Diary of a Wimpy Kid has a lot more drawings, but both of these laugh-out-loud books are made even funnier by their cartoon illustrations. Both books also have great characters (from seriously quirky to utterly normal) who have realistic middle-school embarrassments, problems--and victories.… (more)

Had this book from my childhood. I think it helped my develop a character. ( )
  Clemel | Oct 9, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Mayores de 8 años
  Alba26 | Aug 27, 2019 |
This book is fun I really like it soooo much I have a lot of Wimpy Kid 🧒 But I haven’t read all of them yet ( )
  James10 | Jan 28, 2019 |
Summary:

The main character of this book is Greg Heffley. It starts off with Greg explaining how his former best friend, Rowley, isn't his friend anymore. Then, at home on his T.V. there is an ad about becoming the new representer for an ice cream commercial. He doesn't get the part, instead a kid named Scotty does. Then, Greg's mom starts school again, and she hires a Maid named Isabella. Greg tries to get her to do his laundry, but she is too lazy to do anything. Days pass with Isabella, and then she has a few days off. Greg's grandpa arrives at his house to watch Greg and his brothers Rodrick and Manny while his parents are on a get away to Hawaii. When his parents get home, Greg is relieved because his grandpa has been treating him like an eight year old the whole time he was there, such as this example from the book; "He asked me if I wanted to have him read me a bed time story. He made me go to bed at 7 PM too!" After the weekend with his grandpa, Greg goes to a lock down at his school. It ends up being a total nightmare and he goes home sick. While home sick, Isabella invites all the maids from the town to their house to watch a soap opera. She gets fired, and the next day at school Greg and Rowley are invited to a party. Greg can't go because of his uncles wedding, but he ends up being happy he didn't go because people in his grade were "used as servants" at the party. Greg re-unites with Rowley, and the book ends with them being best friends again.

Opinion

Diary of a Wimpy Kid books never let me down, they are always a joy to read, and funny too. I thought I had read them all, but after searching on-line I found this book I didn't recognize. The way the author writes the books really makes you believe he IS Greg, talking about situations, making it believable. I also enjoy the pictures added. They look drawn by Greg himself and really help you visualize what is going on. This series is perfect for people who don't like lengthy books, because of how easy it is to read, and only about 200 pages. And more than one story is told throughout the book, so I never get bored reading Jeff Kinney. In conclusion, if you like humor and a quick read, this book is practically perfect! ( )
  VivienneS.B4 | Oct 24, 2018 |

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Majoor, HannekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ocampo, Ramon deNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schmidt, DietmarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tomas
Thursday
It's been almost two and a half weeks since me and my ex-best friend, Rowley Jefferson, had our big fight.

The popular series of Diary of a Wimpy Kid has its 5th installment with "The Ugly Truth". This book follows the struggles of growing up. It deals more with boy/girl friendships and relationships and the subject of puberty spikes the conversation. This series has nationwide popularity with children and used more for individual reading to self times.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0143304992, 0670074993

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,445,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible