Entice

by Carrie Jones

Series: Need Pixies (3)

When evil pixies invade Bedford, capturing more teens every day, sixteen-year-old Zara's quest to bring Nick back from Valhalla becomes more urgent, but she fears he will not return with her since she has been pixie kissed and become Astley's queen.

This was better than Book 2, but not by a whole lot. Truthfully, they could have combined Books 2 and 3 and made the series a trilogy instead of a quartet. This one had a lot more action than the last one, which definitely helped me get through it. I'm still not a fan of the writing itself or of the story in general. Why is it taking three books to do one freaking thing? And this one thing wasn't in the first book, so it's not like the Lord of the Rings where all of these other things are happening on their way to this one thing...no, this one thing isn't this life-altering epic saga. It's just getting her boyfriend back. You know what? People die, so she needs to just grieve and move on with her life. As you can tell, my opinion of this is not very high. The only reason I'm finishing the entire series is because I own them, so I want to read them at least once since I paid money for them. If I was borrowing them from the library? I would have stopped after Book 1. There still isn't any character growth or development, I'm just all around disappointed with this entire series. Read at your own risk.

All in all, like I said in my review of Book 2, if you read the first book and really loved it, then read the entire series. If you were so-so on Book 2, stop reading now, it doesn't appear to get any better. ( )
  SassyCassi | Jun 28, 2023 |
Okay, I actually read this book a week and a half ago, so if this review isn't as up-to-par as others, it's because I'm fuzzy on the details of this book, having read 6 books since this one.

Okay, so in this book, something very exciting happened! Some of our main characters starting showing maturity at moments! like, I could actually believe they were seventeen-year-olds instead of sixth graders! yay!

which brings me to my next point: I think these books were named backwards. see, the series starts with Need, then Captivate, then Entice, then Endure.
but, you see, I think these were named backwards because the first book I could barely ENDURE, it was so stupid. the next book ENTICED me a little bit, enough to read the next one, which (I'm not going to go this far) came closer to CAPTIVATING me than the others, and now I NEED the last one.
see?

yeah, anyways, some people die, there's drama with Issie and Devyn and Zara and Astley and of course they save Nick, and there's some Zara-Nick drama, because, of course, she's now a pixie *gasp*!
urg. they all irritate me.

yuck. I'm waiting to get the last one from the library, but there are seven people who have it on hold in front of me, so it'll probably a month or two til I get it.

so, anyway, I'll get back to you on this series, but, if you ask me, I don't think it's worth it to read it in the first place. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
So spoiler alerts...

Anyway, I totally thought Zara couldn't handle that sword fight and she'd have an out or something. Also Nick's reaction in Valhalla is so different from his later reaction. How is Zara still doing any school with all this going on, though? She's away or incapacitated about half the time. ( )
  t1bnotown | Mar 20, 2018 |
I really love these books! They have everything you could look for in a book. But now I am slightly frustrated after the ending of this one.As much as I loved Nick in the other two, I really think he should have stayed in Valhalla. I mean, Astly has really grown on me. I want him and Zara to be together. ( )
  ShanMonstar | Nov 19, 2017 |
Still hate Nick. Never liked him. He deserves what he gets. The jerk.

I'm team Astley all the way!

Can't wait for the next book. gah! ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

"Am I really not allowed to complain about being here?" I ask as we enter Bedford High School about an hour late for the winter ball.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,903,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible