Ghost Story (Dresden Files, No. 13) by Jim…

Ghost Story (Dresden Files, No. 13) (edition 2011)

by Jim Butcher (Author)

3,1161592,854 (4.07)1 / 112
"In his life, Harry's been shot, stabbed, sliced, beaten, burned, crushed, and tortured. And after someone puts a bullet through his chest and leaves him to die in the waters of Lake Michigan, things really start going downhill. But even trapped in the realm between life and death, Harry can't catch a break. He learns that three of his friends are destined to experience unbearable torment and agony. Only by bringing his murderer to justice can he save his friends and move on to what comes next--a feat that would be a lot easier if he had a body and access to his powers. Instead, Harry must work as a ghost, unable to interact with the physical world, invisible and inaudible to almost everyone. Unfortunately he's not the only specter roaming Chicago. There are malevolent shadows who haven't forgotten Harry's predilection for putting evil in its place while he was alive. And now that Harry's on their turf, they are looking for some serious payback. So the late Harry Dresden will have to pull off the ultimate trick without using any magic--or face an eternity as just another lost soul"--… (more)
Member:egaston
Title:Ghost Story (Dresden Files, No. 13)
Authors:Jim Butcher (Author)
Info:Roc (2011), Edition: First Edition, 496 pages
Tags:altoona-library, fantasy, dresden-files, urban-fantasy, finished-in-2018

Ghost Story (Dresden Files, No. 13) by Jim Butcher

English (158)  German (1)  All languages (159)
This totally fucking makes up for the epic pukefest that was Changes. I am so fucking glad I did not decide to quit after that. ( )
  thewanlorn | Feb 24, 2020 |
OK.... I'll keep reading the series. ;) ( )
  CiaraCat | Jan 9, 2020 |
After the absolute insanity of changes, this book had to be a bit softer, but that doesn't excuse it from being so weird. It's definitely more mysterious than action-packed. I am a little curious though, at Butcher's cheeky use of the same tool as in Small Favour. Still good though. ( )
  sigma16 | Dec 5, 2019 |
Fast, fun read. Like a palate cleanser after Anna Karenina. ( )
  slmr4242 | Oct 16, 2019 |
Took me a while to get through this one, mostly due to a lack of commutes, but I finally finished the Audiobook.

My interest in the series has taken a sharp turn downwards at the moment, so I will listen to two other books before continuing with this. It's not that it is boring or anything, but it just failed to keep me engaged, so much so that I had no problems at all putting down the audiobook for a day or two in the middle of the final confrontation.

So, I'll see if my interest returns after a break. ( )
  malexmave | Oct 3, 2019 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Glover, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lundgren, RayCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Air, for introducing me to Mab by onion-colored light
Life is hard.
"Got a rocket," I sang, "in your pocket. Turn off the juice, boy."
Show tunes? Really? It wasn't bad enough that you've started talking to yourself, man. Now you're doing performing art.
But the musically inclined me had a point.
"Play it cool, boy," I whispered. "Real cool."
"What is teaching but the art of planting and nurturing power?"
"Names have tremendous power, Dresden. Yet mortals toss them left and right as though they were toys. It's like watching infants play with hand grenades sometimes." -Uriel
“Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden,” he said quietly – and he said it exactly right, speaking my Name in a voice of that same absolute power that had so unnerved me before. “Do not attempt to familiarize my name. The part you left off happens to be rather important to who and what I am.
“It is one thing for you to say ‘Let the world burn.’ It is another to say ‘Let Molly burn.’ The difference is all in the name.”

When an unknown someone shoots him and leaves him to die, Harry Dresden hopes he might be heading to a better place. Unfortunately being dead doesn't make Harry's life any easier.

Trapped between life and death, he learns that his friends are in serious trouble. Only by finding his murderer can he save them and move on - a feat that would be a lot easier if he had a body and access to his powers. Worse still are the malevolent shadows roaming Chicago that are controlled by a dark entity that wants Harry to suffer even in death.

Now the late Harry Dreseden will have to pull off the ultimate trick without using any magic - or face an eternity as just another lost soul...

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,561,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible