The Essential Bordertown by Terri Windling

The Essential Bordertown

by Terri Windling (Editor), Delia Sherman (Editor)

Other authors: Steven Brust (Contributor), Charles de Lint (Contributor), Teresa Nielsen Hayden (Contributor), Michael Korolenko (Contributor), Elisabeth Kushner (Contributor)9 more, Ellen Kushner (Contributor), Patricia McKillip (Contributor), Mimi Panitch (Composer), Felicity Savage (Contributor), Midori Snyder (Contributor), Ellen Steiber (Contributor), Caroline Stevermer (Contributor), Donnard Sturgis (Contributor), Micole Sudberg (Contributor)

Series: Borderland (anthology)

First read back in 2008.

Lucky me - I got this one on the remainder shelf and it turns out that the squiggly overlapping circle dated '05 is the autograph of contributor Charles de Lint. The big black mark on the bottom edge doesn't bother me, and the autograph doesn't really add to the book's value for me - I absolutely love reading and re-reading these evocative stories because they set me to wondering about the otherwhere I can only glimpse for a moment if my karma is right.
  KaterinaBead | Jan 12, 2012 |

Stevermer, CarolineContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturgis, DonnardContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sudberg, MicoleContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carroll, JimCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312867034, Paperback)

Bordertown is the place where our world and the world of elves meet... but not just any kind of elves. These are hard-rocking, magic-flinging, motorcycle-riding elves who aren't entirely thrilled to be back in contact with lowly humans. Nevertheless, certain types of both elf and human are drawn to Bordertown, a place where magic and science coexist, and where neither works quite the way it's supposed to. Not everyone can find Bordertown, but those who do find it discover that it's a place where anything can happen, and where they can be anything they want to be. This collection of 13 stories continues the grand tradition of one of the most popular shared-world fantasy series of all time, and it also serves as an excellent introduction for anyone new to the border. --Craig E. Engler

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:53 -0400)

Thirteen stories on Bordertown, a shared world located between Elfland and present-day America. It is a place where modern science and magic mix, and it is populated by oddballs and misfits.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,182,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible