Secrets of the Morning (Cutler Family) by…

Secrets of the Morning (Cutler Family) (original 1990; edition 1991)

by V.C. Andrews

Series: Cutler (2)

Shadowed by her tortured past, Dawn has a bright new life of glimmering hopes... Dawn can hardly believe she's a student at one of New York City's best music schools. Now her most precious wish, to become a singer, can come true. But Dawn still dreams about Jimmy, her strong, intense boyfriend, and the love and anguished secrets they share. Then Michael Sutton arrives, a new teacher at the school, a singing star and the most wonderful looking man Dawn has ever seen. Together they create a world of feeling Dawn has never known. In his embrace Dawn awakens to disturbing, unfamiliar desires, and Michael's promises offer a vision of music and romance forever...until he disappears. Dazed by his cruelty, alone with the bitter fruit of his betrayal, Dawn becomes, once again, a victim of her grandmothers twisted schemes. Desolate, she clings to the tender hope that Jimmy will return and renew with her their deepest hearts' dream...… (more)
Member:sister_ray
Title:Secrets of the Morning (Cutler Family)
Authors:V.C. Andrews
Info:Pocket (1991), Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages
Tags:horror, cutler series, series book

Secrets of the Morning by V. C. Andrews (1990)

Gosh Darn it!

I wanted to loved it but so many parts of this book bothered me, pissed me off, and had me cursing to the greater gods that I had to say Although I did still love Dawn..The book itself fell flat. A pretty enjoyable read and I will definitely be finishing the series there were so many things and people in this book that I hated and found pretty damn peculiar. Overall it was decent but as I went into the others I know now it was this one that had me heated the most!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
So this if the first book I have read by VC Andrews and it may not have been the right choice. I know this was actually written by VC Andrews but by her family or someone else. When I had originally picked this book up, I had no idea what to expect, I thought that there would be witches and warlocks or some other fanatical being but it was the complete opposite. It was like reading a soap opera! People at work would ask me what it was about and most of the comments I got were along the lines of "I don't know how you keep all that drama straight."

Now, when I had started reading this, I had no idea that it was the SECOND book in a series.(that is something I have major problems with, I get a book because it sounds good and its like number five and you have to read the other ones for it to make sense.) So many of the loose ends that dealt with the main characters past would have been in that one. Of course it is a bit hard to determine how much is explained in the first one considering I haven't read it yet.

There was one part that I especially didn't enjoy, of course it somewhat of a big part of the storyline, is that the main female character, who is a teen, gets pregnant. Sometimes when that's a part of a story, it doesn't really bother me, but for some reason in this particular book it did and not just a little. It was kind of like, "really, does she really have to get pregnant!" But it added more to the drama of this miniature soap opera that I'm holding in my hands.

There where times I wanted to just throw the book and quit reading it, but naturally I couldn't! With all that drama, I had a need to see how it ended. But I won't lie, I did start to skim instead of actually reading it.

It's a little hard for me to rate considering I think it would have been better had I read the first book. So this feels more like an uneducated guess. ( )
  rolletm | Dec 9, 2010 |
This was the furthest I got in her books. I believe there was a ghost writer after this novel. I thinnk this one was okay. ( )
  Anagarika-Sean | Sep 25, 2010 |
This was the furthest I got in Andrew's book. I believe there was a ghost writer after this novel. ( )
  Anagarika | Nov 3, 2009 |
I like that this book took place in the school setting.
Then moved to The Meadows.

This book was the second best of the series, next to Darkest Hour.
I loved Dawn's personality until the end :) ( )
  KyleeKat | Jun 23, 2009 |

V. C. Andrewsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Loon, Parma vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Cutler (2)
As we descended through the billowing clouds, New York suddenly appeared below me. (Prologue)

We filed out of the plane slowly. (Chapter 1 A New Adventure, A New Friend)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,911,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible