The Sookie Stackhouse Companion by Charlaine…

The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (2011)

by Charlaine Harris

I really enjoyed certain parts of this book, and definitely could have done without others. The "Small Town Wedding" novella in the beginning was such a disappointment; the plot was weak, and and more than ridiculous. I was so annoyed with the characters' amazement at the organizing capabilities of social media on the internet, and the dated and ignorant terminology ("the Web," "that Twitter thing").

I did enjoy the timeline, family tree, and the glossary. All are so helpful as the series goes along and gets more and more complicated. They were also helpful for me because I haven't read the books enough times through to differentiate between what happened in the series and what's happened on the TV show; sometimes I mix up some of the details.

I would enjoy owning this volume, but would just ignore the parts I found superfluous or just plain annoying. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |
I couldn’t resist The Sookie Stackhouse Companion.
  Loni.C. | Aug 17, 2018 |
READ IN ORDER! Don't try to go back and read this after you have finished the books. As long as you do that it's a fun little companion for fans of the show and of the book series because you get some more information. ( )
  carru | Sep 28, 2017 |
I enjoyed this. Such a great resource if you don't want to reread the series before each new book! ( )
  TinaMReid | Apr 23, 2017 |
The only reason I even got a hold of this was for the included Short Story, "Small Town Wedding", which was ok. This might have been more useful to readers of the series who had to wait for each book to be written in order to read them. This companion would help remind one what happened without having to re-read the whole series. Messages between Bill and Eric were mildly amusing. ( )
  EmScape | Sep 19, 2016 |
It was May, I had a great tan, and I was going on a road trip.

A tour of Bon Temps, Louisiana, provides a definitive guide to the family, friends, enemies, adventures, and lovers of clairvoyant waitress Sookie Stackhouse, heroine of the bestselling novels and HBO series "True Blood."

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible