The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (Companion)

A tour of Bon Temps, Louisiana, provides a definitive guide to the family, friends, enemies, adventures, and lovers of clairvoyant waitress Sookie Stackhouse, heroine of the bestselling novels and HBO series "True Blood."

Welcome to Bon Temps, a cosy little town where a freakishly high number of supernatural's call home and where life is anything but easy and laid back. For Sookie, a telepath, life has drastically changed since the vamps came out of the coffin a few years back. More specifically her life changed the night she met her first vampire, Bill, and ever since then she has never looked back.

Several years, and books, later Sookie is still solving, plotting and uncovering murders in her own unique corner of the south. However just because Sookie is a mind reader does not necessarily gain her access to every secret hidden within the minds of those she encounters, such as the private dialogues between Eric and Bill that are now revealed. Nor had she any idea that the Chocolate Cake Caroline Bellefleur is famous for is a scandalously easy recipe to follow.

The Sookie Stackhouse Companion is a comprehensive peak into a small southern town and the people who call it home. While Charlaine Harris sits down to a q&a, Sookie gives up all her knowledge on the supernatural beings that have had a great impact on her once simple life. This is a perfect way to rediscover the books, test your knowledge on the events in Sookie's life and enjoy something new in a bonus short story. ( )
  LarissaBookGirl | Aug 2, 2021 |
I really enjoyed certain parts of this book, and definitely could have done without others. The "Small Town Wedding" novella in the beginning was such a disappointment; the plot was weak, and and more than ridiculous. I was so annoyed with the characters' amazement at the organizing capabilities of social media on the internet, and the dated and ignorant terminology ("the Web," "that Twitter thing").

I did enjoy the timeline, family tree, and the glossary. All are so helpful as the series goes along and gets more and more complicated. They were also helpful for me because I haven't read the books enough times through to differentiate between what happened in the series and what's happened on the TV show; sometimes I mix up some of the details.

I would enjoy owning this volume, but would just ignore the parts I found superfluous or just plain annoying. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |
I couldn’t resist The Sookie Stackhouse Companion.
  Loni.C. | Aug 17, 2018 |
READ IN ORDER! Don't try to go back and read this after you have finished the books. As long as you do that it's a fun little companion for fans of the show and of the book series because you get some more information. ( )
  carru | Sep 28, 2017 |
I enjoyed this. Such a great resource if you don't want to reread the series before each new book! ( )
  TinaMReid | Apr 23, 2017 |
It was May, I had a great tan, and I was going on a road trip.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,098,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible