Blacksad, tome 4 : L'Enfer, le silence by…

Blacksad, tome 4 : L'Enfer, le silence (edition 2010)

by Juan Díaz Canales

Series: Blacksad (4)

Member:citizenk
Title:Blacksad, tome 4 : L'Enfer, le silence
Authors:Juan Díaz Canales
Info:Dargaud (2010), Relié, 56 pages
Collections:BDthèque

Blacksad: A Silent Hell by Juan Díaz Canales (Author)

English (13)  Spanish (2)  French (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (18)
Blacksad in New Orleans - what more could I ask for? Well, I could be greedy and ask for a longer story, but gotta be happy with what I get, eh? It's a good tale, with some shady characters and some cool jazz, and good ol' Week riding shotgun! The volume I read also had two short, short stories (2 pages each!) - one good, one cheesy. ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Nov 23, 2017 |
Another beautifully painted, solidly (if not inventively) written fur-noir novel. ( )
1 vote mrgan | Oct 30, 2017 |
Half of this volume was graphic novel and the other half was an indepth explanation of the process of using watercolors to paint the panels. While I found the explanation interesting, I was a little bit sad that this volume was so short. I really loved the short story at the end about the woman, her son's murders and Uncle Sam. Just as gorgeous as the last volume was and just a little bit sad and a little bit hopeful at the end. ( )

Díaz Canales, JuanAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guarnido, JuanjoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
A la memoria de J. Berendt y W. Claxton en agradecimiento por la enorme ayuda que nos ha proporcionado su "Jazz Life".
Nuestro agradecimiento también a nuestro indómito colega y sin embargo amigo JL Munuera por sus consejos, aliento e inspiración.
Y finalmente, sirva este libro como homenaje a la mágica ciudad de Nueva Orleáns. Su música y su espíritu impregnan cada rincón de esta historia...
Sartre says that Hell is other people.

"Detective John Blacksad returns, with a new case that takes him to a 1950s New Orleans filled with hot jazz and cold-blooded murder! Hired to discover the fate of a celebrated pianist, Blacksad finds his most dangerous mystery yet in the midst of drugs, voodoo, the rollicking atmosphere of Mardi Gras, and the dark underbelly that it hides!" -- from publisher's web site.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,108,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible